Character Swap - Progress Thread - COMPLETE & FINISHED

My groups look good. You should have my info but I will pm you when I return home tomorrow or Thursday- not sure if I will be on the computer tomorrow.

Rebecca

My groups look great. Thank you! Just enough for me to get done & not stress over having to do too much...popcorn::

This is like my own tally sheet so I know I what decided to do:

B1-Mickey Mouse
C1-Sleeping Beauty
H- Darby
R- Winnie the Pooh
T- Rosetta

paper is bought and we are good to go!!!

Both of my groups look right. I have already made sketches for both of my groups. I hope to get started on them this weekend. :)

I have 6 groups left to go.

A.Tuxedo Mickey
E. Lady Tremaine
K. Dopey
M. King Louie
O. Captain Jack Sparrow
T. Fawn

I need to finish my MK spots and the rlovew swap and then this one is next.

I'm doing good so far... I have groups R and S1 all cut and almost completed. I'm all done with my MK swap elements, so I can start working full time on this one. :thumbsup2

I have started putting these together yet but I am making plans.

These are the ones I have let to do.

A.Tuxedo Mickey
E. Lady Tremaine
K. Dopey -Will use cricut cart
M. King Louie - have a Jolee for this one.
O. Captain Jack Sparrow
T. Fawn - will use the Tink cart

I am clueless for Lady Tremaine!

B1-Mickey Mouse-Done
C1-Sleeping Beauty-Done
H- Darby-Title/and I founf Stickers of her!!!
R- Winnie the Pooh-Big tag/Shapes or emb.squares
T- Rosetta-Tink cart/Sinage(her name) and Paper Peice

We no longer have Country Bears at DL and I have looked for clipart and have found nothing and our trip isnt until April.
So I was wondering if it would be ok to go with a woodsy country feel, that way anyone could also use it for anything in that area.
I was thinking of making corners, but circles so it looked kind of like cameos and photomats.
Thoughts please. Thanks!

AR, that's fine as long as it looks like something related to the Country Bears and can be used for photos of them.

We no longer have Country Bears at DL and I have looked for clipart and have found nothing and our trip isnt until April.
So I was wondering if it would be ok to go with a woodsy country feel, that way anyone could also use it for anything in that area.
I was thinking of making corners, but circles so it looked kind of like cameos and photomats.
Thoughts please. Thanks!

You could crop the images, but when I did something Country Bears earlier, I used an image from one of the postcards that you used to be able to buy in the 70's.

http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/BearCritterCountry.html

Ok are these enough elements for each of these groups?
B1-Mickey Mouse
004-1.jpg

C1-Sleeping Beauty
005-1.jpg

AR, those look good. My questions are:

Mickey Group: Are the shapes embellished 2 ways? You have enough pieces with 1 paper piecing (if he's at least 4 inches) and 4 shapes (if they are at least 1 1/2 x 1 1/2), but they must be embellished 2 ways.

Sleeping Beauty: Is the title embellished 2 ways? I can't tell in the picture. The title counts for 1 element. The 2 shapes count for only 1/2 an element and they need to be embellished 2 ways as well. You will need another 1/2 of an element (a tag, a journal box, a photo mat, 2 more shapes, etc.).

You are quick on getting these started! I haven't begun yet!!!

AR, those look good. My questions are:

Mickey Group: Are the shapes embellished 2 ways? You have enough pieces with 1 paper piecing (if he's at least 4 inches) and 4 shapes (if they are at least 1 1/2 x 1 1/2), but they must be embellished 2 ways.

Sleeping Beauty: Is the title embellished 2 ways? I can't tell in the picture. The title counts for 1 element. The 2 shapes count for only 1/2 an element and they need to be embellished 2 ways as well. You will need another 1/2 of an element (a tag, a journal box, a photo mat, 2 more shapes, etc.).

You are quick on getting these started! I haven't begun yet!!!

Is the Bling paper counted as an embellishment since it is speciality paper and not regualr plain cardstock? Also, is the crown big enough to be a journal area? Just a couple of thoughts.

Is the Bling paper counted as an embellishment since it is speciality paper and not regualr plain cardstock? Also, is the crown big enough to be a journal area? Just a couple of thoughts.

Bling paper: Sorry, I'm going to say no on Bling paper being considered an embellishment. If you are using it as a 3rd layer when 2 layers are required, then yes, it is an embellishment, but otherwise no. I worry that we'd then lead to a discussion of value pack cardstock versus Bazzill or plain patterned paper versus cardstock patterned paper or glittered patterned paper. I think it's less confusing to just say paper is paper. I've always considered it that way on all the swaps I've made things for. I'm sorry if it seems unfair.

Journal Box: Susie, good thought on the crown for a journal box. If the crown has an area that has at least 3x3 open for writing then that would work as a journal box (1/2 an element). It would still need to be embellished. And if the Aurora shape was made into a tag (at least 2x3) then that could be the other 1/2 of an element. It would still need to be embellished too.

Ok soooo embellish it yeah I have no idea on what else to do to the stuff but whatever.
All the layers of the Sleeping beauty stuff is Bling paper.I always thought specialty paper was considered an embellishment since it's $1.20 a sheet now.
I can add jewls to the crown but i can't think of any other ways to embellish the stuff without making it look tacky or over kill.:confused3

Ink the bottom layer (if the rest are already done, if not, ink all of them).
Put the cameo on another layer (extra layer is an embellishment) and put a ribbon on it to turn it into a tag. If you put the ribbon on the back of it before the last layer, I think it looks real pretty.

Do you have any Mickey punches? Maybe add one of those to the shapes in addition to inking?

Put a jewel or rhinestone for the "i" in sleeping and ink the layers. :thumbsup2

Got to put kiddos to bed. I'll think some more while I sleep. I dream swaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter