Characters love selfies too, Mom! A Mom/Daughter Disney Adventure!

mousetravel

DIS Veteran
Time for another one of our Disney adventures!

Introductions!
We are a mom/daughter duo that loves everything Disney!
We love traveling together and we're the only Disney fanatics in the family, so we venture out on our own!

So we came up with a few excuses to get back to Disney!!

Celebrating 40th birthday!! :rolleyes1
Early Mother's Day! :hug:
Surviving 1st year at Tech College for DD!
:teacher:

So, here we are, the traveling mom/daughter duo!

050_zps390cd1f1.jpg

"Selfies" became a theme to our trip! Started out normal enough, but then DD got the characters in on the action, hence my title! ;)

Our dates were May 5th-9th, 2014, at Pop Century!

Hope all my Dis-friends join me on another TR!!

Time for another one of our Disney adventures!

Introductions!
We are a mom/daughter duo that loves everything Disney!
We love traveling together and we're the only Disney fanatics in the family, so we venture out on our own!

So we came up with a few excuses to get back to Disney!!

Celebrating 40th birthday!! :rolleyes1
Early Mother's Day! :hug:
Surviving 1st year at Tech College for DD!
:teacher:

So, here we are, the traveling mom/daughter duo!

050_zps390cd1f1.jpg

"Selfies" became a theme to our trip! Started out normal enough, but then DD got the characters in on the action, hence my title! ;)

Our dates were May 5th-9th, 2014, at Pop Century!

Hope all my Dis-friends join me on another TR!!

Ok - Not to be insulting for sure but which is the mom? You both look young and the same age.

YAY!!!!:banana::yay::woohoo: I'm so excited that you finally started...I've been stalking your other TR hoping for a link!! I can't wait to read all about your adventures and see all M's selfies!:goodvibes:):thumbsup2

Ok - Not to be insulting for sure but which is the mom? You both look young and the same age.

Thanks! What a great compliment! A lot of people say we look alike! :)

I'm here!!! popcorn:: And I'm all ready to go!!! :woohoo:

Thanks! So glad you're here!

YAY!!!!:banana::yay::woohoo: I'm so excited that you finally started...I've been stalking your other TR hoping for a link!! I can't wait to read all about your adventures and see all M's selfies!:goodvibes:):thumbsup2

Glad you're here for another one of our TR's!!! :yay:

Im here for the fun! :)

Thanks for being here!! :cheer2:

Our magical adventure actually began at the airport!!!

As we got there a little early, we noticed some workers preparing for a celebration! They placed Disney princess balloons all around, and even a red carpet. We knew something magical had to be going on.

018_zps5b5c0c42.jpg

Look who we caught a glimpse of behind the counter......

019_zps9ccc0dfa.jpg

It's Cinderella!!! :woohoo:

I was getting so curious as to what was going on, but the first thing that came to my mind, was, maybe this is a "Give Kids the World" thing.

So, not much more action was going on here at the counter. But I was excited to try to find out something.
So we got checked in and headed upstairs, through security, and to our gate.

We get to our seating area.... and MORE balloons!

020_zpsc95c8428.jpg

And before long, the Princess arrived with a special guest!

023_zpsff8eaa5c.jpg
[/URL]

Got just a few pics with my phone, as I didn't want to be intrusive.

026_zpsac501ad9.jpg

029_zps801e7dc9.jpg

And as it got closer to boarding time, Cinderella said goodbye!

032_zps0657cfcd.jpg

Right before we boarded, as they were making their usual announcements, they also announced that a special guest that would be on board with us and they rolled out the red carpet (didn't get a pic), and they also announced that our plane would be getting a special salute from the fire department, as the fire trucks would be on each side of the plane, spraying water onto the plane. By this time, it was late and dark outside, so I didn't get a pic.

They also announced that it was the "Sunshine Foundation" that was affiliated with this celebration. Never heard of it, but looked it up, and it's similar to "Give Kids the World".

Not to get too far ahead on my TR, but on our return flight the same family was on our plane again! They did their announcements again about the family (but Cinderella wasn't joining us this time).

So I did get a picture then...

501_zps92f0ee91.jpg

What a great way to start our vacation! I was so excited!!!

We arrived safely, around 10:30pm to Sanford Airport, got our rental car, and headed to Orlando!! It's about an hour drive from that airport, but I don't mind because we always get great airline deals doing it that way!!!

We stayed at Pop Century Resort!

Since it was so late, I didn't get any outdoor pics until the next day, but I did get a few pics of the room... (we were in the 70's section)

002_zps2c81eaec.jpg

003_zps06e31a09.jpg

004_zps51de28cc.jpg

005_zps46b817d8.jpg

006_zpsf474536d.jpg

007_zpsbf1c26e8.jpg

008_zps9ad01715.jpg

010_zpsa568a348.jpg

Love this little area, to put luggage, etc. out of the way!
011_zpsa3f3b676.jpg

Coming up: More resort pics, and Epcot!!!

:wizard:

What an amazing thing for that little girl and her family, wow.

Hooray! You're at Disney World!!! :dance3:

Great start to your trip!!!:cheer2:

We're flying into Sanford this fall so it's good to know that it's only an hour from Disney...

Joining in! Sounds like you had a great mother daughter trip! My daughter and I do the same thing, even the selfies! :)

What an amazing thing for that little girl and her family, wow.

Hooray! You're at Disney World!!! :dance3:

:thumbsup2

Great start to your trip!!!:cheer2:

We're flying into Sanford this fall so it's good to know that it's only an hour from Disney...

We have always flown into Sanford. It's a small airport and easy to navigate. The rental car area is very easy to get to.

Joining in! Sounds like you had a great mother daughter trip! My daughter and I do the same thing, even the selfies! :)

Thanks for being here!! We love our mom/daughter trips!

The selfie thing is new to me, I've always had an easy to use, old school cell phone :rotfl2:. But DD talked me into getting us both iphones, so I've been having a lot of fun learning how to use it, etc...

Tuesday, May 6th, 2014

We couldn't wait to get our day started by checking out the resort.

This was our view right across from our room!

013_zpsad472a02.jpg

View looking to the left..

014_zps717db71a.jpg

Our room, #201

015_zps324937ef.jpg

016_zps9d3514ae.jpg

Ready to conquer Epcot!!!

020_zps322a9450.jpg

Resort gift shop

022_zpsdcec51e3.jpg

Walking around the resort for a little bit before we head out...

023_zps7e7a035b.jpg

024_zpsb9a4e1e4.jpg

025_zpsc17d6a68.jpg

026_zps40232b1e.jpg

027_zps0c611e70.jpg

Made it to Epcot!!!

031_zps4ed992b3.jpg

033_zps0081384d.jpg

034_zps44d10922.jpg

035_zps3a582c09.jpg

037_zps149a1b41.jpg

Made our way to Club Cool. I'm always excited for the Inca Kola!!!! We visited Peru a few years ago, and we had this soda there. It is sooo yummy!!

038_zps58f9f5af.jpg

Next stop was the Character Spot. Only a 10 minute wait! No fast pass needed!!!

042_zpsf133212a.jpg

044_zpsba132e84.jpg

047_zps407cb6c9.jpg

When we got to the 4th character (Pluto, I think), they were taking a break, so we decided not to wait...

And this was the beginning of the selfies!!! And for some reason, it was always funny and made us crack up with the character selfies, this is how it became a theme to our trip!

038_zps7a96b170.jpg

039_zpsca3aa461.jpg

:wizard:

Characters like selfies too, what fun! :rotfl:

Your pictures of Pop are bringing back memories. That's where I stayed on my first solo trip.

I'm late!
Loving the character selfies. That sounds like fun! I should start doing that, though I look stupid in selfies!

Characters like selfies too, what fun! :rotfl:

Your pictures of Pop are bringing back memories. That's where I stayed on my first solo trip.

I don't know why, but I was surprised at the willingness of the characters & character attendants, with the selfies! After the first "selfie" encounter, I was laughing and talking to the photopass photographer, and I said, while shaking my head, "Teenagers and their selfies, right?" He said "No, it's actually the adults that do it more!" :lmao:

Joining in!
I love the whole theme of the trip! So cute!
Hooray for starting in my favorite park, Epcot!

Thanks for joining in! I love our trips together!! In our past trips to Epcot, it was just "ok", but this time, I think we fell in love with it, too!

I'm late!
Loving the character selfies. That sounds like fun! I should start doing that, though I look stupid in selfies!

Glad you're here!!! I'm not good at selfies, at all!! I can't get it to look cute, like the teenagers, I look ridiculously OLD when I do it myself! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter