charging to room key

vfb2girls

DIS Veteran
I know that you can charge on your room key with a credit card but I am wondering about a debit card? Is it possible to use a debit card for this purpose? We only have one credit card that we never use except for emergencys, so we would much prefer the debit card, don't want any bills at the end of this trip. Any help would be appreciated..thanks

I was wondering the same thing.
Can you give them cash as well if you dont want to use a credit or debit card?

yes you can use a debit card and cash, as a matter of fact I got an ap discount on a room I had already paid for and instead of having them refund the money I just had them leave it for a credit for charging when I get there as I leave in 20 days and would use it for that anyways.

I'm not 100% sure but I think your debit card has to be a MasterCard or Visa debit card.....the type that has the credit card logo, but the money comes right out of your checking account.(Some people get confused, as there are debit cards without the Visa/MC on it as they are just debit cards and not acceptable at many hotels for checking in) You should also know that you can charge only $1000.00 per day, per card....so if you are charging everything to your room and plan on paying as you check out - BE Careful! It sure does add up fast. There are also Money machines in the hotel lobbys, so if your debit card is not a visa/master debit card, you can pay in cash by getting the money out of the MAC, but they have cut off amounts too. You can always pay cash in the parks, its just so convenient not to bring any!

You can check your daily charges on your TV screen too, so you know how much you have spent, and if you need to, you can pay down your bill.

I have a question....
I don't remember but can you buy small items with your room card such as water, ice cream, etc, or do you need cash for that? I am having memory loss!

Thanks to all that replied about the debit cards, we have the one that does have the visa logo so that won't be a problem and since everything is paid full in full the only things we are charging to the room key would be our meals, and maybe some souvneirs so the $1000.00 dollar limit a day shouldn't be a problem, at least I hope so!

if you are talking about things from the carts, then no, they do not take your KTTW (room charge) card.

As long as the debit card has a credit card logo on it you can. If you are concerned about the daily limit you can have them charge your card more often.. ie daily for lesser amounts then no problem. Another thing you can do is write a check to payoff the bill. You can do this at the end as long as you do not go over the hotel limit. The hotel limit is different at each hotel. What they do is if your limit is $1000 they will no longer let you charge anything unless you pay on it or you allow them to hit your card automaticaly. The best thing to do is ask questions upon check in. They will work with you for what is best for you. The one thing I would suggest to everyone who charges to the room to check them from time to time. You can get a printout at the hotel front desk. I use this to keep track of how I am doing towards my budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter