"Charles by the Hulk" just called me - Simpsons Breakfasts are cancelled!!

vellamint

DIS Veteran
I called and made my reservation a few weeks ago and the very very nice man that took my reservation (Charles) just called me to let me know that due to low numbers the Simpsons Breakfasts are being cancelled and do I want the Spiderman one for the same day and time!!

Of course I said yes but how sad is this......I said to him that I thought there would be such a demand for this and he said that he is the one that takes the reservations and he can tell me for a fact there there was NOT.

I think its great that they called me in advance to let me know and am looking forward to the Spiderman breakfast (that I wanted to do anyway but couldnt because of timing).

That is great they called you, but I would be sad too. We haven't done a character breakfast...might have to look into that this year.

They don't seem to have publicized or supported this very much. We recently received our AP newsletters (way late), and the breakfast was listed as ending in July. I really, really wanted to give it a try when we got back from our cruise in Sept...guess not!

We have reservations for the Simpson's breakfast for August 22nd. Do you think I should call them about this? I haven't been contacted.

Too bad - it sounded like fun.

They don't seem to have publicized or supported this very much. We recently received our AP newsletters (way late), and the breakfast was listed as ending in July. I really, really wanted to give it a try when we got back from our cruise in Sept...guess not!
Yeah...it seems as though someone is sleeping on the job. :rolleyes:

Well Poop. That's all I have to say about that.

We have reservations for the Simpson's breakfast for August 22nd. Do you think I should call them about this? I haven't been contacted.

Too bad - it sounded like fun.

I would - our reservation was for this Sunday the 17th.....maybe they are going in order and havent gotten to the 8/22 reservations yet......

The phone number came up on caller id as no number - lol. I was quite surprised to get this on my cell phone but that is number I left with them to get in contact with me because I figured I would be down there and not at home.

I also have reservations on August 22nd and haven't received a call. Maybe I will call tomorrow... My kids will be dissapointed!

I just booked this on Monday for Aug 28th.

I am going to go see that Charles guy on our first day and find out what the deal is!! Why would he cancel us for Sunday the 17th and tell us the breakfast has been cancelled if it wasnt? And I thought this character breakfast was only available from Thursday through Sunday?

Can anyone shed some light on this......

I just called today and he told me that the breakfast is being cancelled as of this weekend because of low turnout. Bummer!

I just booked this on Monday for Aug 28th.

I just called today and he told me that the breakfast is being cancelled as of this weekend because of low turnout. Bummer!

I dont understand this......how come Catrinabeach was able to book it.

Catrinabeach? Did you speak with Charles by the Hulk (you can hear the coaster in the background).....maybe you spoke with someone else and they dont know whats going on?

I spoke with Charles on Wednesday because we had reservations for Saturday, August 22nd. He confirmed that the Simpson Breakfast has been canceled due to lack of interest.

Ok I just called again and she didn't know it had been cancelled so I explained about hearing that they were cancelling it. So she checked with a supervisor and she confirmed that it is cancelled as of tomorrow.

So I booked Cat in the Hat instead.

Oh no! I was going to surprise my DH and DD with this next February! I'm glad I hadn't said anything to my DD about it yet.

We are going to Universal next June and ds was really looking forward to this. I hope they bring it back. I am soooo bummed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter