• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chase Disney Visa room discount release?

Is anyone else having trouble trying to modify their reservation online? Like trying to switch resorts or dates, etc.

Is anyone else having trouble trying to modify their reservation online? Like trying to switch resorts or dates, etc.
I was having trouble making the modification "stick" over the weekend. After a bit I opted to book a new reservation and cancel the old one.

I was having trouble making the modification "stick" over the weekend. After a bit I opted to book a new reservation and cancel the old one.
Was it just getting stuck on like a loading screen with a circle? That’s all I keep getting. I’m thinking of cancelling and rebooking….anything to avoid a phone call LOL

Was it just getting stuck on like a loading screen with a circle? That’s all I keep getting. I’m thinking of cancelling and rebooking….anything to avoid a phone call LOL
The change never continued onto the next section. It was easier to just cancel and rebook.

Question - Can you do the room deposit as Disney Visa card and pay off the rest using gift cards? Just thinking how to save the most money on the trip.

A Disney Visa discount just appeared for a Deluxe CL room at the BWI. It was not there yesterday, so new options may appear at any time? Check your preferences often.
“Check your preferences often?” I am a new-ish Disney visa card holder; where do I check my preferences?

Probably in your online profile for Disney Visa .
I think there are many different Disney choices to make such as Disney Vacation / Disney Cruise / Disney + …
all have different update policies recent notifications .that you can choose to accept or deny . I noticed this with Starbucks account.
I guess 2023 might have new legal guidelines to keep updated.

The change never continued onto the next section. It was easier to just cancel and rebook.

I ended up canceling and rebooking. About how long did it take for you to see the deposit refund for the canceled one? I have the charge for the new reservation but not the refund for the canceled one yet. It’s making me a little nervous, lol

firefly, I don't know how to quote (and I'm Lazy).

When I wrote "check you preferences" I meant your room preferences. Maybe you booked a standard room but really want a water view, or Club Level, or.....

I ended up canceling and rebooking. About how long did it take for you to see the deposit refund for the canceled one? I have the charge for the new reservation but not the refund for the canceled one yet. It’s making me a little nervous, lol
I had two reservations and cancelled both recently. One refunded in 2-3 days and the other took 4-5 days.

Regarding the Chase Visa discount, website indicates "deposit must be made with Chase Disney Visa card".
Does this mean we can use a different card to pay remaining balance & still get the discount?
Ideally, I'd like to pay deposit w/ Chase and the balance w/ my debit.

Question - Can you do the room deposit as Disney Visa card and pay off the rest using gift cards? Just thinking how to save the most money on the trip.

Regarding the Chase Visa discount, website indicates "deposit must be made with Chase Disney Visa card".
Does this mean we can use a different card to pay remaining balance & still get the discount?

Just the deposit. They transferred money I already paid on first reservation to the new one I made with Disney Visa and that was with a different credit card. I plan on paying "cash" for rest of balance and I don't think there will be an issue.

Used this to book a Lion King suite at AOA for only about $400 more than our rack-rate room at POFQ. With 4 adults it will be nice to have the 2 bathrooms. (We've stayed at both resorts before and love them both!). I'm very happy! Strangely I was not able to modify our reservation even though I had booked POFQ with my Disney Visa. Had to cancel and rebook, but not a huge deal. Just waiting on the refunds to come through.

I noticed last night that with the Disney Visa discount, AofA (a value hotel) now costs more than Animal Kingdom lodge (a deluxe)!

What makes AoA a “value”, and what makes AKL a “deluxe”?

If you are going to use a debit card, I'd pay off the trip with the Chase Disney card to get the Disney rewards. Then with the money you would use from a debit card (which I am guessing it connected to a checking/savings account), pay off the balance when you get the bill.

I noticed last night that with the Disney Visa discount, AofA (a value hotel) now costs more than Animal Kingdom lodge (a deluxe)!

What makes AoA a “value”, and what makes AKL a “deluxe”?
AoA has suites that are as expensive as a traditional room at a deluxe resort
the suites have 2 bathrooms and sleep more. They aren’t comparing apples to apples

AoA has suites that are as expensive as a traditional room at a deluxe resort
the suites have 2 bathrooms and sleep more. They aren’t comparing apples to apples
Okay, then are you referring to “family suites@? I did read today that AoA Family suites also have a microwave. Regarding Deluxes, I think roughly half have microwaves. 2 bathrooms in the family suites is a nice perk.

Okay, then are you referring to “family suites@? I did read today that AoA Family suites also have a microwave. Regarding Deluxes, I think roughly half have microwaves. 2 bathrooms in the family suites is a nice perk.
No Deluxe resort rooms have microwaves
Some DVC (aka "Villa") rooms do. Not sure if all do or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter