CHASE VISA TERMS Changed....Can someone clarify??

I just used PayPal to pay our photographer for my daughter's senior pictures and put it on my Chase Visa. It would have stunk to get hit with a cash advance fee because I *WAS* paying for "goods and services" even though it was a "person-to-person" payment...he just doesn't have a way to accept a credit card. At least now I know that, in the future, I will have to write him a check instead of paying him through PayPal.
Did you code it as "friends and family" or "goods and services?" Who is paying the fees on paypal is usually the differentiator. With "friends and family" the person sending the money pays the fees, that should code as a cash like transaction. "Goods and services" with the receiver paying the fees should code as a purchase.

Hmmm... so if I pay for my airbnb reservations via PayPal, will that be considered as a cash transaction? This seems pretty stingy on Chase's part.

Hmmm... so if I pay for my airbnb reservations via PayPal, will that be considered as a cash transaction? This seems pretty stingy on Chase's part.
It should code as travel so this shouldn’t be an issue as you are paying airbnb and they are using PayPal as a credit card merchant. The PayPal issue would arise when it’s person to person transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter