• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheap Flights At Xmas

MR and MRS POTATO HEAD

Earning My Ears
We've heard of lots of people getting cheap flights to Orlando and booking rooms through WDW Central Reservations,however when we try it ends up more expensive.We are looking to go to the Grand Floridian for 10 nights and the Polynesian for 5 nights departing 19 December 2004.The rooms are pre-booked no problem,however when we try for flights for Xmas 2003 for a rough idea on price we're getting prices of £4,500 for 3 adults and 2 children,thus not saving anything.The best package price is £8,700 with Virgin but people tell us we can go for less if we do it seperate.Any tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Try some of the airlines websites - I had a quick look at United and you could possibly go from £800 each but you'd have to phone them as they don't do kids prices online
United

Hello,

The airlines dont release there discount fares to the likes of expedia, virgin travelstore, ebookers etc untill about 10 months before departure. I dont think youll get discount fares this early.

Hope this helps
Neil

Hi the poatoheads

It's a little early to get discounted flights for your dates. Expedia just offered me 3 Adults 2 Children 19th December 2002 Gatwick to Orlando via Newark for £2894

Ken

Hi,
Try the online booking form at Virgin Atlantic website. I joined the frequent flyer club to earn air miles.
I have booked for 18/12/2002 to 01/01/2003 adult fare £540
and children £270, plus £10.00 per person discount for booking online.
I was quoted £800+ for the same dates from Travelbag, Ebookers
and from the Virgin telephone enquiry. You would have thought form these fares that I was trying to fly within the next week or so.

Good luck.
P.S If you want a good deal with car hire try looking on Teletext.
there is a company doing a great deal £99.00 Economy for 7 days fully insured with Dollar. Extra weeks are £129.00.

Tel: 01253 75 33 44 CHOICE AIR HOLIDAYS.

Jade

As indicated by SQUEB's post (BTW, welcome to the DIS, Squeb :wave: ), every day can make a difference for fares at that time of year - try the on-line booking forms for similar dates this year to find out when the various airlines have their 'threshold' for the big pre-Christmas price jump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter