Cheap Internet Access at/near Disney?

jgates

<font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags
Where can I find inexpensive internet access while we are down there? We will be staying at the Swan.

I know the Marriott at Downtown Disney had it for around $5? per hour when we were there last time, but they only had one station at the bar.

I'm not sure how convenient this will be but you could try the library here's a link to the Orlando Library site that gives all the locations. Also Holiday INN Sunspree has internet but I don't know what they charge you could call and ask though.

http://www.ocls.lib.fl.us/locations.asp

It would be nice if the internet was more readily available at all hotels and for free , it's such a great travel tool.

Tammy

I think the hotels all pretty much are wired if you have a laptop available to take.

Originally posted by fkj2
I think the hotels all pretty much are wired if you have a laptop available to take.

Yes, that is true, but not everyone wants to drag their laptop along on vacation and not everyone has one (like me :( ) I just think that having free or very low cost Internet access in a hotel is quite an added plus. And for some people, who use the Internet quite a bit, and have a good handle on how to get the info they need fast (good search engine skills) this would be a big draw for them maybe even the final deciding factor between two similar hotels. I'm just surprised more hotels don't have it available not just at Disney but everywhere.

Tammy

Hi,

We went to Kinkos. The address is 12181 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836.
The phone number is (407)465-0085. It's off Hotel Plaza Blvd to FL-535 N onto S APOPKA VINELAND RD. The prices were by the minute or by the Hour you choose. I can't remember the prices for each service, but give them a call. Have a great Trip!!!!

-Debra

I understand about not wanting to drag along a laptop but I think places like Dis and Universal don't really want people on the net anyhow; they want them in the parks and stores spending $$$$$.

Reallistically, PCs are going the way of the dinosaur; more people are purchasing high power laptops (when they can), substituting them for PCS and prices have really dropped dramatically.

Originally posted by fkj2
I understand about not wanting to drag along a laptop but I think places like Dis and Universal don't really want people on the net anyhow; they want them in the parks and stores spending $$$$$.

Reallistically, PCs are going the way of the dinosaur; more people are purchasing high power laptops (when they can), substituting them for PCS and prices have really dropped dramatically.

I can see your point that Disney wouldn't want people endlessly surfing the net instead of out at the parks but obviously there is a demand as some hotels do now have Internet. It's just that whenever I am traveling I always try to find Internet access. To find the closest restaurant for example you can go to the entertainment.com web site, input you location (even if you don't have an entertainment book you can do this) and then they'll give you a list of restaurants, how far away from you they are, driving directions, a price range and many times a menu. This is a great way for local restaurants to make some money! There are many more ways to use the Internet while traveling as I'm sure you know :)

I'll have to disagree with the idea of PC's going the way of the dinosaur (at least not anytime soon), you may not realize this but many people are just now able to afford PC's. Many families have no use for (or can not afford) both a PC and laptop if they don't use them for work, so they more affordable choice is a PC. But I suppose someday laptops will dominate. At the same time I foresee Internet kiosks becoming more and more prevalent sort of like pay phones used to be :)

Tammy

OK, how far distance wise to that Kinkos?

I would love to have a lap-top, and have even considered buying a used one from the great guy in my town that refurbs and sells on Ebay, HOWEVER, there is also the cost of service too. I have a local ISP and to dial them would be long-distance no matter how I did it.

Is there a carrier that is free anymore with nationwide numbers?

I think CSR at least used to have it and we also used it in 2000 at Disney Quest where they had several computers set up for e-mail.

I was in WDW in Nov 01 and I was able to get my email free at DisneyQuest in Downtown Disney. They had alot of computers available and it was a nice break from all of the activities there!!

Have a great time!!

I would assume I have to pay Disney Question admission?

Yes, you do have to pay the admission for DisneyQuest. They have alot of great interactive activities for children and adults. For us, it was well worth the admission price. We had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter