Cheapest Month to Cruise other than Hurricane Season

Tripscarcare

Earning My Ears
Hello, we recently got back from a Disneyworld vacation at the beginning of May 2024. We took advantage of booking a bounce back offer to stay on site again, but are kicking around the idea of doing a Disney Cruise in maybe Spring of 2025, anything to avoid fall hurricane season. We have never been on a cruise, numerous Disney resorts, flown to numerous countries etc.

Just curious if there is such a thing a a cheap time to cruise? Our current bounce back is for CBR for July 2025 so we are hoping to at least be able to use the bounce back and stay at the resort and do a couple of park days before cruising out there was a decent date grouping that our bounce back can be applied to. We have two children 9, 11, and included in a our family of four.

Looking at doing a 5 day cruise, eastern Caribean out of Port Canaveral.

Thanks

Eastern cruises out of port Canaveral are 7 nights. Bahamas cruises are shorter. We have gotten great last minute guarantee rates in January, late April and May. March and April are usually more expensive since Easter and spring break are those months.

Most of Disney's eastern Caribbean cruises go to the Virgin Islands, and it generally takes over two nights for a ship to get there, so a five night eastern itinerary isn't terribly practical. They have 7 night cruises that stop at both the US and British Virgin Islands, and then make a half-day stop at Castaway Cay on their way back to PC.

Well, you pegged it that hurricane season is some the lowest.

One of our favorite times is early May.

Look at Magic May 11 or May 16. (Earlier cruises were on Fantasy before it goes to Europe).

The price is > $1K cheaper than what it reaches in April (as it had climbed from January). There are about two weeks worth of sweet spot here - where demand and price are low and water temp in the Bahamas is comfortable (>79) with warm, but not sweltering air temps. Typically pre-school age children with their handlers.

IMG_7509.jpeg

This one gives you both Disney beaches (and Nassau).

IMG_7510.jpeg

Depending on your cabin preference, July rates might fit the bill. Still not peak hurricane season cheap (prices drop starting in August, when it starts), but reasonable for DCL.

One thing making the price lower is the Magic. Those of us who love her are happy with the choice. If you want Dream or Triton class, you pay for that.

Well, you pegged it that hurricane season is some the lowest.

One of our favorite times is early May.

Look at Magic May 11 or May 16. (Earlier cruises were on Fantasy before it goes to Europe).

The price is > $1K cheaper than what it reaches in April (as it had climbed from January). There are about two weeks worth of sweet spot here - where demand and price are low and water temp in the Bahamas is comfortable (>79) with warm, but not sweltering air temps. Typically pre-school age children with their handlers.

View attachment 861953

This one gives you both Disney beaches (and Nassau).

View attachment 861954
Thank You!

I agree with another person that early May is a great time to cruise. The weather is great and the rates can be more reasonable.

For cheaper rates, aim for shoulder seasons like late spring or early fall. Keep an eye out for last-minute deals too.

When you mentioned hurricane season, I wanted to look up exactly what the Internet was calling hurricane season currently because of global warming. Now hurricane season starts in May and ends in December except we’ve had one hurricane in January this year, which apparently is the first ever.
Lol. I just wanted to mention peak hurricane day is September 14 right now my cruise takes off September 13 and gets back the 16th. My daughter is thrilled about this information because she figured she might get an extra sea day out of it instead of having to stop at a port!

PS my daughter is 24 and this cruise will make her platinum!

During high peak times the answer to low cost is, book as soon as the itineraries are offered. It’s the only way for peak seasons and school holidays/breaks. But I try to get low peak because the rates are really the best.
Here’s my little cheat though. If you’re not sure what days you can travel. Book THEM ALL with minimum down. You can transfer the money before PIF day to the one you actually take with no repercussions. But your price will go up by $100’s-&1,000’s as time goes on and the ships start to fill up. Use a placeholder for the one most likely, if you have one. Also not sure if you wanna go to an indoor or veranda? Book low and upgrade as you find a discount on your low peak season sailings but that’s not going to happen during a high peak season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter