• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapest priceline is taking for hotels!

happyfacekimi

Earning My Ears
I was planning on going at the end of May to Orlando, I was just wondering
how cheap priceline was going for hotels and which hotels. Last year we stayed
at the Wyndham for $40 a night, and it was an awesome hotel.

check out www.biddingfortravel.com it is an awesome site for that info. However, they are not as laid back as the DIS so have "all your ducks in a row " BEFORE you post there. Be sure to read their FAQ board. I lurk there alot.

The wyndham palace (resort*) has not been as cheap as $40 lately, but the wyndham orlando (3*) has been less than that!

yeah, I got my head ripped off in the bidding for travel board for not knowing all the rules, geez, I'll never post there again!

The rules are there to help you. When I first posted I felt a little defensive about some of the comments, but since I've learned the rules, they have helped me save a ton of $$ for myself and friends. It really is a great board and has helped me to afford many trips I wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

I have gotten rooms for $15 a night at the Ramada Inn on Hwy 192. This was a 2-star hotel if I remember right.

I have used that board in the past and agree about the rude and crass treatment over there. In fact I have posted once and have not posted since because of the fear of being reprimanded.

I am also suspicious of that board now that Priceline is a sponsor of the board. It makes you wonder why Priceline would sponsor a board that its only intent is to cut as much profit out of their pockets as possible by informing consumers about ways of cheating the system.

However, I will still use the knowledge that I have learned from that board to do my bidding in the future. I just can't put anymore trust into it since Priceline is the sponsor and the rude treatment by the owner.

I have gotten rates on Priceline for $20 a night. These are for 1 star hotels, so don't expect to get the Ritz for $20.

I have gotten rates on Priceline for $20 a night. These are for 1 star hotels, so don't expect to get the Ritz for $20.

I read all the FAQ's, read the rules, read the other's bids and then made my own bid based on that info. I was lucky enough to get my bid of $30 accepted for a 3* on the first try (which is actually what most people were bidding during January). I posted on that site only to report what I had gotten for my bid and was congratulated. But I do agree that questions aren't always tolerated especially if you haven't read the FAQ's.

Based on my observations: These have been the lowest prices:
The 3* in the Universal area Has gone for $30 + (usually Wyndham Orlando, but there others)
The 3* in WDW area has gone for $35+(Renaissance World Gate , Hyatt Orlando and others)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter