Check in Question

sjaz22

Own at BLT
For our trip in August, we are staying at AKL Kidani. We are actually though arriving the night before and got a great rate for 1 night at All-Star Sports resort. My question is that when we wake up the next morning, what is our best option to get to AKL? We will have all of our luggage. In addition, we purchased our park tickets through Disney, so we have those in hand. Should we do on-line check in and go right to a park (AK)? Or, should we go to AKL, check in, and get our park tickets added on to our room key?

I would send the luggage with bell services over to AKL and go to the parks...but, if you are hyper like me, I like to take a cab and go check in while the rest of the family goes to the park...in case I want to switch rooms, I don't want to check in after dinner when the options are low. BUT with this new online check in,mew always got our requests and the rooms have always been ready.

Too funny...we've stayed at BCV four times and got the same room twice, and again three times at BLT and got the same room twice again....

I agree I would send the luggage with bell services. Even if you do online check in though, you still have to go the counter and "check in". I would do that earlier than later so you get any room requests you want. If you don't care about what room you have, then yes, just wait till later.

I should have mentioned we will be on the DDP also. If we go straight to the parks, will the DDP work while we are there or do we need to go to the resort in order to activate it? We are planning on having lunch and dinner that first day at the park.

I should have mentioned we will be on the DDP also. If we go straight to the parks, will the DDP work while we are there or do we need to go to the resort in order to activate it? We are planning on having lunch and dinner that first day at the park.

In that case you need to check in before lunch

. Should we do on-line check in and go right to a park (AK)? Or, should we go to AKL, check in, and get our park tickets added on to our room key?

All online checkin does is let them make up your packet early, rather than doing it while you stand there. And as I very well know, online checkin doesn't give you your room, with no chance of it changing...a CM once insisted on taking a ready-room from another guest (his first name was my last name, and they grabbed his packet instead of mine) to give to me, because I was there and he was not. And your dining credits won't be available until you are there getting your packet, etc.

Assuming you don't have a car, honestly I'd get everyone up, get the stuff out, get a taxi, move over to the new resort. Do the checkin process; if the room is ready (miracle!) stow the stuff in the room. If not, leave it with Bell Services, then get on your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter