Check Out Day...what to do to kill time

tecboy

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not..but...what can my family do on our checkout day? We have to be out of our Condo by 10am but the flight I am looking at departs MCO around 7:30pm..

We usually go to Downtown Disney for the day. We can shop, they have boat rentals and a playground for the kids. It's a nice laid back day.

Downtown Disney
Boardwalk

Check out some other hotels on property. Most have free parking
AKL is a real delight to see, animals, etc. I like to do this because I can figure out where I want to stay during our next visit to Disney World!

ADP

:D

Go over to Ft. Wilderness for a late breakfast or lunch at Trails End. The kids can visit the petting zoo and it's a nice place to walk around.

on check out day we check our luggage, and go to AK and spend the day.... we usually have plenty of time to do all of our favorites and eat lunch,then we come back to the resort late to catch our shuttle since our flight out of MCO usually leaves at 9 p.m. or so.

We go to a water park. I keep plenty of big ziplocs in the luggage, so I double-bag the wet stuff and send it onboard. So what if I need to wear my hair in a twist on the way home; I'm getting every last drop out of my vacation!

We would always drive over to the town of Celebration and tour the Model Homes dreaming about "someday". But now that we have annual passes, it is so much nicer to spend more time in the parks.

We usually do downtown disney on our arrival day and/or departure day. One year we toured area hotels for future visits and one year we played miniature golf in the morning. Hotel pool is also an option!

Stimpy,
CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming "newest addition"!

This isn't the most exciting thing to do, but we just had a little bit of down time before we left: we loaded up on feed from the duck & fish feed dispensers (we were at CSR) and walked around feeding the critters. It was a relaxing way to wait for our shuttle!

We have done 2 different things that were fun.......

Go to the GF around 10am and have one last character breakfast and then head out to the docks and rent water mice. That was soooo much fun. You get to see a totally different side of the resorts on the lake.

The last time we stayed at CS we just spent the whole day at the pool. We checked out, stored all of our luggage except for the carry on's, and then headed to the pool. They have locker rooms with showers at CS so we were all able to shower before our towncar picked us up.

Since you have so much time why not spend some last minute relax time at the pool and then head to DD for some last minute shopping.

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter