Checked into VGF tonight

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
It's been a long time since we've been home. We used to stay at GF every year before we bought into DVC - haven't stayed here since 2008.

We're in a standard view studio (1st floor). We were pretty wowed walking into the room. We love the decor, and felt like there is more room than we expected.

DW and I went to Epcot for a couple hours tonight. It's pretty cool tonight with the breeze. But we watched CP and Illuminations - the holiday add on is great. Then picked up some Oreo bon bons on the way back to the room.

where do you get the oreo bon bons? The only place we had them was at Cape May Cafe.

Few more comments...

First on the bon bons - they sell them in 6 packs at the BC marketplace. I think it was $6 for the 6. Well worth the price for my old friend.

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the view - there's not much of one though. Just a sidewalk with a small glimpse of the pool to the right and fountain to the left.

As others have mentioned, the 2nd drawer under the bed is bad planning - it only opens about 6 inches because of the night stand.

We're making the bathroom situation work. It is nice having 2 showers, but only having the one sink is a little challenging. I know it's only a studio and I should be thankful there's a2nd shower. I'm just sharing our experience trying to work with using 2. DD13 is using the tub shower and then using the big mirror on the wall outside the bathroom, across from the kitchenette.

The walk out the" backdoor" through the pool area makes the walk to the main building not even 5 minutes.

No other issues after 2 nights. Kind of wishing we would have booked a 1br, but there's plenty of room for the 3 of us in a studio, and we have 2 showers for the morning instead of one (still bothered by that).

We heard the tv in mirror can't be seen from the tub or toilet...true?

lodge said:
We heard the tv in mirror can't be seen from the tub or toilet...true?

In a studio, there would be no way to see the TV from the tub or toilet (awesome thought though). You could see it from the stand up shower, but the bench is having the wrong way.

It's a neat concept. But even as a TV junkie I haven't used or (just had it on to see it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter