• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs de France - disappointed

Mr.Bubbles

Mouseketeer
Maybe we just had an unusual experience since so many people have had positive experiences at Chefs de France, but our meals were not very good. We had the pork chop which was so dry I had great difficulty cutting it. The creme brulee was pretty good, but this restaurant just couldn't compare to other places. It seemed as though our plates had been prepared and sitting ready for a long time. It just didn't seem fresh. It was pretty crowded and this may have been a factor. I guess I should have informed the waiter, but since it took so long to get served because of the crowd we figured we would just move on. Anyone else have a similar experience? :confused3 I hope our meal was just a fluke.

I had really been looking forward to our dinner at chef's. We ate there Aug 2005. We were not happy with our meals either. I had the tuna w/orzo. BF had the filet mignon, if I remember correctly. We were disappointed as well. It just wasn't very good, and we had a few problems with our server. We have not been back since. I wouldn't mind trying lunch there, but it will have to be a time when I travel without him. The last two trips with BF, he said he doesn't care where we eat, "as long as it isn't that France place". lol.

Mr.Bubbles said:
I hope our meal was just a fluke.

I'm not so sure ~ I have been reading more and more bad reviews about this restaurant.

That's really too bad - I was thinking about eating there at our next trip in May. BF really likes French food, and it's one of the restaurants I've never eaten at. Perhaps I should re-think that... :confused3

We just ate here last week and my meal was really good! The service was excellent! Both of my kids had good meals. But, my husband said his Pork chop was just O. K., nothing special. Overall everything was great other than the Pork! :thumbsup2

Schucraig said:
We just ate here last week and my meal was really good! The service was excellent! Both of my kids had good meals. But, my husband said his Pork chop was just O. K., nothing special. Overall everything was great other than the Pork! :thumbsup2
So maybe that particular dish just isn't a winner.

Overall I love Les Chefs de France, but I have had some dissapointing meals there, so I know it can happen. One thing I find really helps ensure a quality experience is to eat there for lunch soon after they open for the day. That way the restaurant isn't crowded yet, the servers can gove you more personal attention and the kitchen isn't overwhelmed. I hope you give it another chance someday!

Melissa

We've eaten there 3 times--I'm vegetarian and had the macaroni & cheese all 3 times. It was good except the last time we ate there it wasn't hot enough.

DH has not particularly cared for any of the meals he's had there (he's NOT vegetarian). I love the restaurant because it's so pretty. DH would go back for my sake, but I know he doesn't like the food.

We, too, were disappointed with our meal in August. It's always been one of our favorites. We've not missed having dinner there for any trip in the last 5 or 6 years.

But, the steak au poivre has been replaced with a cheaper flank steak. The seafood pasta is no longer on the menu. The fries that came with the flank steak were cold. The tuna was seriously overcooked. The chicken, however, was good. Escargot and cheese were good. But, the place was an absolute zoo, so it doesn't even have a nice ambience any more.

I'll get flamed for this, but I think DDP has had a very negative effect on Chefs de France. They've had to cut the quality, IMO, in order to be profitable with the DDP reimbursement amount. The sad thing is, if you're not on DDP, you end up paying $25.99 for flank steak and fries. Sorry, I live in NYC and that price exceeds the price for steak frites at any of the top bistros here. So, I think you either have to be on DDP or not go there. And, if you're on DDP, you have to understand that quality has declined, along with the ambience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter