Chefs de France Review!!

dec2901

Mouseketeer
It seems like my brain was lost somewhere over the weekend (probably at a Christmas party or gift shop) because I can't remember anything and I am having difficulty comprehending. On Monday, I dropped 25 Christmas Cards in the drive-thru mail slot and started to drive off when it occured to me that I did not put stamps on them. Thankfully a nice gentleman helped me retrieve them. Anyway the rest of the week has been downhill so I need your help. . .

I listened to this week's roundtable earlier today and thought that I heard either Kevin or John (see, I can't remember) reference a review for Chefs de France. Is this a future review or did they already do it? I was hoping it would be on this week's show but no such luck. I am pretty sure that I have read somewhere that Kevin is reviewing Le Cellier next week. Am I now imagining things?

Thanks for your help! If you come across a brain during your shopping, please let me know. I can't believe there are still 5 more shopping days!!

Merry Christmas to all - Rachel

I noticed the same thing so I'm assuming its a future review.

We ate there last week and had an excellent meal - just about everyone in our party of 13 picked it as their favorite for the whole week.

The Chefs De France review will be part of the Christmas day show I believe.

In order to accommodate everyone's Christmas and travel plans, we recorded additional information for next week.

We apologize for teasing you.:goodvibes

Can't wait to hear it. I'm hoping someone ordered the braised lamb shank, because I'd like to know if my thoughts are right about the dish...or if it was just that night.

Mini-review: The mac n cheese (for adults) is surprisingly delicious.

Please don't bash Chefs de France. We loved eating there on our last trip.

only time will tell.....

Kevin,

My DW and I are looking forward to your review. We dined there after the 12/6 Pod Meet and had a very nice time even though we probably should have skipped dinner after the wonderful food and drinks that the DIS team provided.

We really enjoyed speaking with you and the rest of the team. Thanks for sponsoring such a great event. It was a highlight of our vacation. :thumbsup2

We will have Kevin's review of Chefs de France in our Christmas Day show. His next review after that will be Le Cellier on our Jan 8th show.

Thx
Pete

Pete and Kevin, Thanks for clearing up some of my confusion - I wish you could help with the rest.

I will be looking forward to hearing both of the reviews. DH and I have dinner reservations for both places during our Jan. 19th - 26th trip!!!

Merry Christmas - Rachel

:cool1:
Kevin, thank you so much for the awesome Chefs de France review! Believe it or not, I was a little nervous about what you would say. DH and I have an ADR for our first night in WDW and we cannot wait (maybe we will see you and John there)!

I just hope your experience at Le Cellier was as good as your experience at Chefs de France.

Thanks again - Rachel

Les Chefs is the one place I always have to go when I'm in Epcot. I usually hit it for lunch and get a bowl of onion soup and a glass of wine. If I time it just right I can watch the Serveur Amusant show and people watch while I enjoy my lunch. And the cost is only about $10'ish. It's a great time!!!

Just thought I'd offer that as a suggestion to folks. Yes, the soup is that filling!!! And delicious!!!!!

Excellent review, Kevin.

I have to agree whole heartedly about the mac n cheese. My wife couldn't finish her plate either. I think what sets it apart, for me, is the hint of rosemary in the dish. The chef's choice to add that little sprig in the dish elevates it into something wonderful. But yes, like most french food it is heavy on the cream.

I had the braised lamb shank, and that dish partially fails with what comes with it. The beans it comes with are nice on their own, but I find they just didn't work for me alongside the lamb...so I only ate a few bites. I also am not a fan of braised lamb, there's just something that doesn't work for my palette. But being a french restaraunt, with a classically trained french chef, I decided to give it a chance. I have to say it was on of the top 3 pieces of lamb I have ever eaten. Which made the rest of the dish all the more disappointing.

I'd rate Chefs de France as an absolute must for any trip to WDW.

We, too, had a great experience there. However....note to those with kids...the kids' menu is not great. I think there were only three offerings. And if you are on the DDP, the appetizer offerings for kids are abyssmal.

However, they were LOVELY about it and made our kids penne pasta with butter and a side of veggies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter