Cheyenne or Sequoia Lodge

PigSoldier

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand wav
Hi everyone!

I've just been working out the budget for my upcoming trip, and it turns out that we can't quite stretch to the Hotel New York, so we're going to have to leave that for our next trip. (I always like to think ahead :teeth: )

So now we're trying to decide between Hotel Cheyenne or Sequoia Lodge, and it's proving difficult. I'd really like to stay in Cheyenne, because I've never been there before, and I stayed in SL 3 years ago. But I'm a bit worried about it being a budget hotel, at the far end of the resort.

Also we're two 20 year olds, will Cheyenne be too much of a family hotel for us?

Which would you choose if you had the choice?

Thankyou! :)

Cheyenne is a good hotel with interesting theming.
It is only a short but enjoyable walk to the park.
I think you would enjoy it :)

Reid

We (2 adult females) stayed at the Cheyenne the first time we ever went to DLP and really loved it especially the theming. I can't remember there being any more children around than in other hotels - there are bound to be loads wherever you stay. There's a really nice bar with live music in the evenings. I would say it's as good a bet as any of the other hotels for adults. Being a (for Disney) moderate cost hotel is fine - it's got everything you need and it's only a short walk to the parks - or take the resort bus in about 3 minutes.

Stay at Cheyenne-We stayed there 2 years a go and it has a great atmosphere!!!

The walk to the park is only 10 min and is gorgeous-You can get the bus if your lazy/tired. It has the best feeling and it doesn't feel huge like others!!

Cheyenne is definately worth a visit and is cheap-How long will you actually spend in your room anyway??? :earboy2:

We stayed at SL 3 years ago as well,although we loved the hotel,on our next trip were going to try the Cheyenne it looks a great hotel for only a 2 star we know quite a few people who have stayed there and enjoyed it.
The only reason we stayed at the SL last time was because we wanted a pool but we only used it once.

As i remember there not that far away from each other so i dont think the distance from the park's is that different.

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA :earboy2:

:earsgirl:

I have stayed at both and found it hard to choose between the two for my upcoming trip.In the end I decided to save a bit of money for extra souvenirs so Cheyenne won.:teeth:

I would suggest the Cheyenne as you have stayed at SL before-its nice to try somewhere new,and although it is a value hotel it doesn't feel cheap and tacky.The Wild West theme is great and the whole resort is cleverly thought out.
Last time I stayed there I noticed lots of couples as well as families so I wouldn't worry about that.

I think if you were going in the winter I'd say SL for the wintery theme-but as I believe you are visiting soon(am I right?)I'd go with Cheyenne.

Hope that helps.:)

Cheyenne for sure - we found the bar in the Cheyenne more adult oriented than the one in the Sequoia Lodge. The rooms are clean and have everything you need and the walk is only about 3 minutes more to the park than the SL. Cheyenne felt far more like a Disney hotel than the SL, which was a bonus. Plus all the buildings are only a few levels high so you'll never have elevator waits ot a ton of stairs to climb.

We spend very little time in the hotels when we go and will probably never stay in any other hotels apart from the Cheyenne and Santa Fe - quite simply, for us, the extra money is far better spent elsewhere in the park! We did try the SL for our honeymoon but then went back to the Cheyenne the year after because we prefer it!

We stayed in the Cheyanne in 2003 and loved it. We had a 6 year old but didn't notice hoards of children. There are plenty of things to keep them occupied anyway, so I don't think it will be a problem. I loved the Foyer at the Cheyanne. We are staying in the SL in July ( we wanted to have a pool ) but that is the only thing that would make us consider another hotel. The walk to the parks is very pleasant and not very long, but I would get the bus if it is raining. I certainly had a problem when my 20+ son asked me the same question that you are asking a few weeks ago. I guess the SL might be more romantic, but the Cheyanne is a good Disney experience, and cheaper too !

Thanks for the replies everyone, you've convinced me that the Cheyenne's the best place to stay!

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression when I said it might be too family oriented, I wasn't at all worried about being around children. (I'd be staying in the wrong place if I was! :p ) I was just slightly concerned that, after psyching ourselves up for a luxury break in the New York, the bunk beds and boot lamps might be a bit much. But I think I'm going to enjoy strutting about pretending to be Calamity Jane! :teeth:

Thanks for the replies everyone, you've convinced me that the Cheyenne's the best place to stay!

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression when I said it might be too family oriented, I wasn't at all worried about being around children. (I'd be staying in the wrong place if I was! :p ) I was just slightly concerned that, after psyching ourselves up for a luxury break in the New York, the bunk beds and boot lamps might be a bit much. But I think I'm going to enjoy strutting about pretending to be Calamity Jane! :teeth:

Also im not sure when you are going but when we booked for this summer we were warned that the SL was having extensive work done to the outside.
They could not guarantee ANY rooms would be unaffected by this.
We were warned about noise, dust and scaffolding!
Needless to say we did not book SL!

That's interesting... about being warned about the scaffolding, I mean. Who did you book with, Hedgehog? And for when?

We booked with Thomson for June 10th-14th and weren't given any warnings about noise/dust/scaffolding at all, hmm...

nobody warned us either and we go on Sunday .
I'll let you all know when we get back the end of next week
Berwyn

To stick in my fourpennorth! I would choose the Sequoia every time. I really liked the cool green theming and found it so peaceful and relaxing. Plus I enjoyed walking through the hotel to Lake Disney and watching the lights from the Village.

Have just been to the travel agent (handy she's only around the corner)
She said they have had no reports about building work and they usually get a letter first.
well we'll find out on Sunday

Berwyn
5 days to Sequoia lodge Montana Lakeside Room ( you just watch we'll be the ones to have scaffolding right outside the balcony LOL ) for 5 days

I've just rang Disney, (we booked through their brochure ) I'm told that the renovation work on the SL is external. I guess that means that the rooms aren't affected directly. Apparently this stage of the renovation will be finished by July. I guess anyone concerned in the UK can call 08705 03 03 03, I'm not sure about other countries

Tina and Dee
Thank you for the link Tina and phone no. Dee . I've just rang Disney and they said our Montana lakeside room is not affected.

They also said refurbishment is going on at Disneyland Hotel and Newport Bay Club.

Berwyn

5 days to go till Sequoia Lodge Montana Lakeside room(with no scaffolding) jst DW :love: and me for 5 days

Suzi
we stayed at SL this time and Iwent for a walk on the last morning and found Cheyenne was only about 10 yards further than the last of SL's outer lodges.
Mainly all you need is bed and shower so next time I would do Cheyenne.
It lloked nice people sitting outside eating breakfast in the sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter