Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I assume it motivates them to come back and fight hard tonight. They are still alive, and there are NO guarantee's until we clinch. Brewers are fighting for the WC spot as well. Rockies lost last night so Brewer's still within striking distance on that. THAT said, I hope they're in their heads big time and make mental mistakes all series long.
Very true. I would not discount the Brewers. They are a very good team this year (and I would LOVE for them to get into the Wild Card).

Tonight's lineup~ Addie and Willy getting some rest. Hoping the hit Willy took to his knee is minimal

LETS GO BIG JOHN! LETS GO CUBS, settle this thing TONIGHT!
(Lackey can still get his HR for his bet w/Lester...tonight MIGHT be the night)

images
BaileyCubs-Picture.jpg

Woodruff hasn't faced the Cubs before. Also Cubs/Brewers ties at 8/8 this season..tonight's gong to be another doozy, only this time OUR pen is empty. Hector is hopefully cleared
DKWU-ALW4AA7200.jpg

Last edited:
Very true. I would not discount the Brewers. They are a very good team this year (and I would LOVE for them to get into the Wild Card).
gonna have to part ways with you on them getting the W/C~They have two tainted win's in my book.

gonna have to part ways with you on them getting the W/C~They have two tainted win's in my book.

Have to agree - though I think they win one had they been played in Miami - still, it feels like they got a gift. Obviously - you take it, but it was quite unfair to let them play walk up music and put pro-Brewer graphics etc. Someone here said the Rockies fans were very upset - and I can see why. Plus the Rockies can't settle it themselves like the Cubs can.

BUT - (hopefully) not our problem assuming we get at least one more this weekend.

Have to agree - though I think they win one had they been played in Miami - still, it feels like they got a gift. Obviously - you take it, but it was quite unfair to let them play walk up music and put pro-Brewer graphics etc. Someone here said the Rockies fans were very upset - and I can see why. Plus the Rockies can't settle it themselves like the Cubs can.

BUT - (hopefully) not our problem assuming we get at least one more this weekend.
Would it be asking too much for us to beat the dogs tonight and for STL to lose? Is that being greedy?

Would it be asking too much for us to beat the dogs tonight and for STL to lose? Is that being greedy?

That would be too easy. I don't see them clinching until the Cards/Brew eliminate each other the last series of the season.

I don't think there's a guarantee that they would have gotten a win. Marlin's are very good at home and the Brewer's are not so good on the road. Yeah, they swept us on 2 days rest and we were on our 20th game...but Brewers were swept by the Red's. Marlin's swept the Mutt's after the Brewer series.

That's 2...and counting. Tommy, what discipline! And then to give props to Willy in the interview..class act. 3 brutal losses for the Crew in a row (including the Pirate's win) No Knebel or Hader tomorrow..Swarzak will be ok. Get the 3rd Cubs..we need it against STL.This series is certainly draining, guys will be dead tired tomorrow~but hard fought. CJ in his first REAL closing situation! Cubs Kept their heads and NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DKTOQVwVwAUDR2u.jpg
DKTOQVwVwAUDR2u.jpg

STL not going away folks....Cubs need to keep winninG until STL starts losing. Brewers just dropped to 3rd, and the WC slips further.

images

Last edited:
Seriously. I'd rather have the Brewers in 2nd than the dirty Red Birds. The Cards can start losing now.

Seriously. I'd rather have the Brewers in 2nd than the dirty Red Birds. The Cards can start losing now.

I get that, I REALLY do...but somehow I see the Brewers winning a WC game...Card's maybe not. Dex was SO pissed last Sunday..the sweep we laid on them fueled them..no joke.The closer the Card's just got...he isn't eligible for post season. Not sure which one embrace the sudden death game, Brewers would be so happy to just be there, might be more relaxed. Card's more experience but Yadi has been makng some mistakes. Next weekend is going to be something

I get that, I REALLY do...but somehow I see the Brewers winning a WC game...Card's maybe not. Dex was SO pissed last Sunday..the sweep we laid on them fueled them..no joke.The closer the Card's just got...he isn't eligible for post season. Not sure which one embrace the sudden death game, Brewers would be so happy to just be there, might be more relaxed. Card's more experience but Yadi has been makng some mistakes. Next weekend is going to be something

Brewers are not beating D'backs in a 1 game WC playoff.

Just like being swept by the Brewers set a fire under the Cubs.

Anything can happen in a 1 game playoff and the Brewers are hungry.

So are the D'Backs. Brewers won't have Nelson and depending on how things go, Brewers may have to use Davies down the stretch so they may not have him either. Meanwhile D'Backs will be able to line up their rotation.

So yes, anything can happen, but I don't see it happening.

Exhausted again tonight but it's worth staying up to watch the Cubs win!!!!!
I'm more exhausted this morning. Waaaaay past my bedtime last night, but worth it. Tommy...you rock! Was hoping for some insurance, but thankfully not needed. CJ was scaring me for a bit there, but Sogard(I think) came off the bag. I realize they had to try, but NO, he was NOT pushed off the bag. That was a big shot in the arm. Didn't see the final out because my tablet or the wifi decided that is when it wanted to hang so I had to reload and missed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter