Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

That was WAY less stressful than the last time there, lol.

2 games over .500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
upload_2018-4-24_20-17-14.jpeg

Chatwood, first Cubs pitcher to get to the 7th!!!!!!!!!!!! (and didn't blow it in the 5th inning) Schwarber Artillery Co. at your service, holy moly ! Almost had to call Russia and tell them those missiles were only Kyle, lol. Addie finally connects,Willy gets his first homer, Javy still hot even in the soaking rain,Happ with his bomb and hit..JHey RBI and stellar defense ,Rizzo blips a hit, TLS clutch, AAJ bunt was great..everybody got a hit! That weather was ridiculous tho, should have been called. The field will be garbage again tomorrow.
Happy Birthday Robin,, Cubs got you a present, lol. 43 (might be more) RUNS IN 4 GAMES :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Last edited:

Lets sweep the Indian's! Do it for KB!

Concern level for Kris is understandably high, such a great human being.
Sahadev Sharma‏Verified account @sahadevsharma
Can the Cubs get back to the World Series? You can read all about Yu (and KB and Rizzo and Theo and Javy…) and the Cubs’ 2018 season with a subscription to @TheAthleticCHI.

I heard multiple interviews today from Rizzo, Theo, Joe (Joe did mention KB has to *work thru some things*) and media guys..no one is really elaborating on it other than Kris has *passed* all medical tests..they were to be looking for any oddities while he took BP before going ahead with the lineup. Marquez is gong to need a fill blown security team when they get to Wrigley next week.
This lineup worked out pretty great last night..how about a replay? Speaking of replay, did anyone else catch that the replay of Schwarbomb #1 was playing when he hit Schwarbomb#2 last night? lol

LETS GO!!!!!!!!! Get the first sweep of the season!

DbpwuHRW0AAKsAz.jpg

ETA:
Patrick Mooney‏Verified account @PJ_Mooney
#Cubs are still monitoring Kris Bryant, who is supposed to see team doctor tomorrow in Chicago and might return to lineup that night in a best-case scenario. Joe Maddon: “I really anticipate good soon. If anything went the other way, I think we’d be surprised.”

Last edited:
IN OTHER NEWS: Brewers placed Thames on the DL with a torn ligament in his thumb..est 6 weeks or so....and for your enjoyment

DbqY-OQVAAAmw6q.jpg

10 run game...1 run game :rolleyes2

(and Jake got another win)
giphy.gif

2 outs, 2 strikes in the fifth ...AGAIN!!!!
I was selfishly wanting to win solely based on being able to say the Indian's blew a 3-1 lead AGAIN, lol...

It was good that Happ and AAJ got experience in facing Bauer, kudos to AAJ connecting and Rizzo with a hit :cool1:for the RBI! Addie not respecting 90 was ummm, not good. Javy, however, showed Addie how it's done. I love Javy and Lindor together. The dude running around with the W flag as a cape..PUT IT AWAY UNTIL THE 27TH OUT!:mad:

Was really hoping on a sweep heading in to play the Brewers...but it was a winning road trip so that's good.

Last edited:

Not sure if this was already posted here from a few days ago. They seldom talk about the bottom of the 9th from G7 and how it so could’ve gone differently:

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/revisiting-game-7-of-2016-world-series/c-273499064

I saw some time back (will have to dig to find it) a video of the last out going very wrong, and it can't be unseen. If Cleveland had to *not* blow a 3-1 lead, I am glad it was last night. Still wish we could have taken both games, Sweeping a first place team would have been oh so nice right now.
Allen's ghosts? Exactly what I and many others are worried about with Darvish. I am patiently waiting Sepo, you told me I would be "very happy" with Yu, lol.....I know an adjustment period is the norm, but dang, Jake is doing JUST fine esp on his short time line with no team ST.

In the meantime, Jake is tearing it up

Jake's last 3 games 20.2 IP, 12 H, 3 ER, 6 BB, 13 K
Yu's last 3 games 14.1 IP, 16 H, 10 ER, 9 BB, 17 K

I know Yu has more K's but IP! ER! Jake made it to the 7th twice in a row.
I just......just hope somehow this balances out. It had to have been more than $ with Jake to not want to stay and it is messing with my head. I keep telling myself he left for the challenge, that he accomplished what he wanted with the Cubs and needs the challenge of bringing another team there. That, and no Bosio, and maybe even a smidge of not wanting Willy as his catcher. Willy has GOT to stop jabbing at pitches that are borderline.(who I hope is hanging in there with his health~I was so happy Detroit beat the Pirates for 2 reason's)

Twitter nation wasted no time trolling the Phillies when they got Jake teasing good luck getting to the WS..yeah, well a WC spot could be very real and we know how that can turn out.
Lets just get this series against the Brewers. Will go a LONG way in fueling the surge.

IN OTHER NEWS: Brewers placed Thames on the DL with a torn ligament in his thumb..est 6 weeks or so....and for your enjoyment

DbqY-OQVAAAmw6q.jpg
When we saw this I just laughed. It was so funny seeing it on television. At least Wednesday's game wasn't quite as wet as Tuesday's game.
Every time I see Bauer I see that bloody hand of his from the WS.

I'd also venture a guess that KB has a little PTSD from Sunday. It may take him a while to get over it.

rumors swirling another week or more on KB~my guess(& it is only me guessing, no info) is at least until the CO series is over,even further until the MIA series at home... and even at that maybe PH, coming in the 7th to RF etc.

Time start taking back the Central!

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm good with the same amount of runs we scored the last time Kyle pitched!!!!

Dbu3SzdW4AEtoKv.jpg

ETA: KB heading out for BP...which I find amazing considering it hasn't even been a week and has been on the road, hotels etc.

Last edited:
Why did Tommy shave his head? Is he losing his hair? The pictures I've seen of him had a nice head of hair.

Exactly what I and many others are worried about with Darvish. I am patiently waiting Sepo, you told me I would be "very happy" with Yu, lol.

I’m a bit worried but I am more confident than worried.

His good is *really good*, then at the same place twice now it’s been what we’ve seen. Seemed he was hitting a transition near the 4th/5th in spring training too in retrospect. Joe made him try to work through it this last time and it was disastrous.

I’ll try to dig a bit into past years.

Rizzo seemed to have genuinely good things to say about Yu and I’m really hoping for an improvement. Ironically there’s even more pressure tomorrow. Everyone’s thinking the same thing.

Happy for Jake too. He deserves it.

Last edited:
Now Riz needs to do something, too. He hadn't made an error in 150 games and made one last night. He never makes an error and that one was a doozy. I think a bunch of the guys have stuff in their heads that they can't shake. Kris is actually the only legitimate one in that situation. I thought Tuesday's game was going to help, but then there was Wednesday's game.

Now Riz needs to do something, too. He hadn't made an error in 150 games and made one last night. He never makes an error and that one was a doozy. I think a bunch of the guys have stuff in their heads that they can't shake. Kris is actually the only legitimate one in that situation. I thought Tuesday's game was going to help, but then there was Wednesday's game.

He has struggled to hit it hard since returning. Hope he’s ok.

images

THAT W felt good! BUH -BYE Brewer winning streak. Guess they forgot they weren't playing the Red's, Marlin's or KC again? That's 4/5 so far against them this season, nice!
The Kyle game, Hendricks and Schwarber! JHey is on it again...soon Rizzo, soon. Addie needs to break out and my oh my what a catch by Javy-AIR!

I think their minds are on KB.

Also, just rotten luck again.....Indian's bomer's hit the foul pole and one no doubter. JHey and TLS had the distance but went just foul. If htey were fair, we were gonna fly the W.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter