Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

and ta think...... I messed up - and I actually sat on the THIRD BASE SIDE last night......:rolleyes1

but dem pesky rain delays - ouch!
had fun tho -:goodvibes

TTFN
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave:

Six more games and they finally get a day off. But three starts in 24 hours? Yikes.
Doubtful all 3 get played as well...Cubs need to be leading by the end of the 5th 'cause O think some of these are gonna be only that long. Winters was already squeezing the pitchers behind the plate..and after his call of a safe by 2 feet Zo out at first game 1, the dude does not see well..at all

Well, this game isn't very much fun. Are they really going to play another?

Is the second game on any Chicago channels? All I can find Is the Nats broadcast.

Is the second game on any Chicago channels? All I can find Is the Nats broadcast.

I couldn't find the second game on any Chicago stations or any Direct TV stations. The first game was terrible! :( We were leading until the bottom of the 7th inning but now behind a run. And, now in the middle of the 8th inning, there's a rain delay. Lousy game day!

They’re off air now but it was on WGN, but not in the programming guide. Whenever in doubt, Cubs.com will tell you the latest up-to-date broadcast locations, in small print under the pitching matchups.

I have DirecTV Extra Innings and there wasn't any Chicago broadcast listed at all. Had to watch the game watching the Nationals broadcast. Not fun. Except for Caratini's grand slam. Right after they called him a tiny carat.

Game postponed until Thursday, Sept 13 at 4:05PM. It should just beat Hurricane Florence. But it sure extends the no break period for the Cubs, unless you can call today a break.

Had a 6 game lead a week ago. Brewers have gained 4 on us in 1 week. Our lost
lead last night and their comeback to sweep over the Giants was a 2 game swing. Giants outhit them in 2 of the 3 games. Brewers are grinding wins.

With 3 weeks to go, this is a playoff series with the consolation benefit of non-elimination if we lose it.

If we do well, we’ll be stronger because of it.

Manfred should be removed from his position. I have other thoughts but they are not DIS friendly. No way in hell is the Cub team boarding a plane with hurricane conditions, no flights will be allowed out. If the weather isn't that bad and flights get out, the Bteam will be on it. ANYONE want to explain to me, if hurricane issues are in effect Thursday..why the game shouldn't be moved to Chicago?Sunny forecast, better conditions. Before you answer about rules, the Brewers enjoyed an extra key *home* SERIES, NOT GAME, SERIES when the Marlins had to be moved there following hurricane Irma. Remember, the stadium was fine, it was over the issue of employee availability and traffic concerns that tipped the decision to move the Marlins up to MKE. It should have been at a neutral stadium , but the Brewers were given the revenue and the home field advantage. This game 100% should have been shelved until October to be played only if necessary. They have to face Scherzer again on Thursday, not sure if Monty will be pushed to that, or if he will be bullpen over the next 3 days or what. Absolute extreme choice? can forfeit the game if they so choose and not go. Players Union needs to get involved over this but won't.
Whatever the outcome of this season is, I am 100% behind this team like never before. The have been dealt some unbelievable MLB B.S. For any Brewer or Cardinal fans that lurk, don't pretend that you wouldn't be livid if the result of dealing with this crap meant your entire team goes 30 days without a day off.

Caratini's bat flip was EPIC!!!!!
GO CUBS~ WE NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
826986d2-434a-47ba-a293-f2238521841e.jpg

Had a 6 game lead a week ago. Brewers have gained 4 on us in 1 week. Our lost
lead last night and their comeback to sweep over the Giants was a 2 game swing. Giants outhit them in 2 of the 3 games. Brewers are grinding wins.

With 3 weeks to go, this is a playoff series with the consolation benefit of non-elimination if we lose it.

If we do well, we’ll be stronger because of it.

Currently 2 games up on them. STILL have a lead. I know a lot of teams that would be thrilled to be the Cubs position...yeah the Sewers are hot right now, time to cool them off.

OK...not Cubs related..I am not a Bears fan but my DH is so I hear the game in the background.These announcers are really lusting after Roger's. :rolleyes1 Anyone who think's that guy was injured and not overpowered in the first half and ran to hide in the locker room, I've got some swamp land in FL.

I have DirecTV Extra Innings and there wasn't any Chicago broadcast listed at all. Had to watch the game watching the Nationals broadcast. Not fun. Except for Caratini's grand slam. Right after they called him a tiny carat.
WHAT? !?!?!?! Are you kidding me?

Game postponed until Thursday, Sept 13 at 4:05PM. It should just beat Hurricane Florence. But it sure extends the no break period for the Cubs, unless you can call today a break.
Cubs have a night game Wed~ and a 1:20 day Game Friday allowing a very small window for flights and a game in between on Thursday. Absolutely ZERO room for any rain delay crap.Not sure if they can try and move the Friday one to a night game~Flights could be a mess from the storm. If anything, the B team will fly to DC to face Max for round 2.

I couldn't find the second game on any Chicago stations or any Direct TV stations. The first game was terrible! :( We were leading until the bottom of the 7th inning but now behind a run. And, now in the middle of the 8th inning, there's a rain delay. Lousy game day!
I wondering if the terms of the Murphy trade included that he couldn't face their easy pitching and if Harper was in a position to make him a hero, he has to get a cookie pitched to him :rolleyes:

by the way...Wrigley North will be available as a *neutral* site for the make up game, just sayin'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter