Chicago

spiceycat

dvc-blt
okay since they are opening a DVC sales thing here - do you think that DVC will be in Chicago?

The Mayor was not acting out of spite. He actually had a plan. Next DVC is at Meig's Field.

After looking at the World of Disney store they put in NY I'm kind of hoping that Chicago might be on the list for one of those. It reminds me of how the Disney stores used to be, of what the downtown Disney store used to be like. Now even the downtown store just sell the usual Disney store stuff.

All in all I'm looking forward to see what DVC puts together for Woodfield.

After some local Chicago gatherings with a very strong DVC member turnout, I believe they have done market research and found the area to be a wealth of people seeking to buy DVC contracts.

I would not expect an actual DVC resort to be opened up in this area, but I believe the Sales Center will have a strong customer base and lots of business! Can't wait!!!

The sales center seems like it will be similar to what we currently see at
SSR. There will be mockups of the 1 and 2BR Villas for AKL, giving the
similar 90 minute presentations to prospective DVC buyers.

I'm quite sure it will be a sales center only. There is a Bluegreen sales center complete with Orlando models, and there isn't a Bluegreen resort anywhere near the MOA!

We just returned from our first trip to Chicago and loved it.... I would stay at a DVC if it was near Michigan Avenue. Actually we loved the hotels there so I'm not sure about that ;)

To all of you who are from the Chicago area, you are lucky to live in such a great city. We loved the museums, downtown, restaurants, riding the "El", Wicked, etc. We left so much undone and can't wait to go back. We had as much fun there as at Disney World.

Trust me, riding the El gets old quick, when you do it twice a day, 5 days a week:eek: Lots of great stuff to do here, but I cannot wait to move!! It is pretty unbearable most winters, although I'm not sure how they stack up with Minnesota winters. I don't think a DVC would work here, not enough to do (besides shop & eat).

I can't imagine that a Chicago DVC is anywhere on the top-10 list at this point.

BUT...Disney (not DVC) is actively stating that they are looking into building themed resorts all over the country. Thus, is Chicago-based DVC sales are strong, this might well be the first location of one of these new stand-alone Disney resorts.

Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter