"Chicken" exit?

Peachy0118

Mouseketeer
Can someone help me out here? If a couple or family wants to stay together in line, but someone doesn't want to ride, do the thrill rides have "chicken exits" where the person can be in line until near the actual ride, then exit easily to wait outside/at the exit?

I was thinking they must have something with riders swap, and I seem to remember my dad doing this years ago when ToT first opened (he had a back injury and was not sure about riding to the last minute) but it would help to know about other rides.

Thanks so much.

Yes, the family can stay together, usually all the way up to the boarding area, then the person who wants to leave can exit. Just tell CMs how many people will not be riding with you and that they wish to exit.

Thanks so much! Which rides have this option?

Disney is never going to force somebody to do a ride who decides they are afraid, aren't feeling well, just change their mind, or any reason at all. There is always a way to exit without riding. Imagine the lawsuits if Disney forced somebody to ride and something went wrong.

Disney is never going to force somebody to do a ride who decides they are afraid, aren't feeling well, just change their mind, or any reason at all. There is always a way to exit without riding. Imagine the lawsuits if Disney forced somebody to ride and something went wrong.

I wasn't thinking they'd be forced to ride. I was just thinking of if there was a simple option to exit as opposed to walking back through to the line to the entrance

I wasn't thinking they'd be forced to ride. I was just thinking of if there was a simple option to exit as opposed to walking back through to the line to the entrance
Just ask the CM to show you where to go and designate a meeting spot after the rest of you exit the ride. For example, at IJA, the chicken exit is a bit of a walk from the loading area. And the exit area is usually pretty busy. So we try to point out ahead of time where to meet if our guests are new to the parks.

Just ask the CM to show you where to go and designate a meeting spot after the rest of you exit the ride. For example, at IJA, the chicken exit is a bit of a walk from the loading area. And the exit area is usually pretty busy. So we try to point out ahead of time where to meet if our guests are new to the parks.

Thank you. Super helpful!

Just be aware, if you have someone under the height requirement, they will not allow them in the line (rider swap doesn't allow you to wait in line.) Example, Space Mountain, you step thru the vehicle to exit, Guardians, you walk out the exit when your party boards, Indy, you should leave at the stairs, if you opt to stay all the way to the vehicle, then you take the elevator to exit (it is harder than exiting 5 mins earlier.) Star Tours, you walk thru the vehicle and exit. Smugglers, you exit where they hand out boarding cards.

Just be aware, if you have someone under the height requirement, they will not allow them in the line (rider swap doesn't allow you to wait in line.) Example, Space Mountain, you step thru the vehicle to exit, Guardians, you walk out the exit when your party boards, Indy, you should leave at the stairs, if you opt to stay all the way to the vehicle, then you take the elevator to exit (it is harder than exiting 5 mins earlier.) Star Tours, you walk thru the vehicle and exit. Smugglers, you exit where they hand out boarding cards.

Oh this is super helpful! Thank you!

Height isn't the issue, so that's great to know. Thanks so much!

Thanks so much! Which rides have this option?

Every ride.

Just tell the CM at the load platform that you will not be riding and they with either direct you to an exit or tell you to walk across the ride vehicle and exit when its your party's time to board.

All rides have the option.

During the big potty-learning trip we were THIS close to riding Casey Junior when DS had to go. Even they have an exit.

Of course with that issue you can’t always wait until the actual exit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter