Child now 2 will be 3 by trip, not charged when making dining reservations for CRT and HDD

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
My child is currently 2 but will be 3 by the time of the trip. I was not charged for her when making my CRT and HDD reservations. What will happen when we go? Will they charge for her then or will it slide by?

Under 3, at HDDR, she will probably be free unless you are on a vacation package and purchased a dining plan for her.

at CRT, that meal is prepaid, if not on dining plan. It's already charged to your credit card. There will not be a meal ordered for her, she will show up on reservation (possibly) as age two. You will have to share off of your plate.

HDDR is served family style. CR T is prix fixe. That is the difference.

OP's concern, though, is that her child will be three, before their trip starts.

The options I see are either call back and pay for her meals now, or as @shocker suggested, he prepared to pay and be pleasantly surprised when/if they're not charged.

I guess it picked up the fact that she is 2 now vs will be three when the trip comes? I found that odd since when you make the reservation for the hotels, it says age your child will be at the time of the trip (which I put 3). I think I will just play it out and see what happens, but she is on the reservation for the restaurant and hotels of course, so nothing bad can come of waiting until then I imagine.

I guess it picked up the fact that she is 2 now vs will be three when the trip comes? I found that odd since when you make the reservation for the hotels, it says age your child will be at the time of the trip (which I put 3). I think I will just play it out and see what happens, but she is on the reservation for the restaurant and hotels of course, so nothing bad can come of waiting until then I imagine.
Remember, this is MDE you are talking about. It's anything but logical.
This is the way to go.
Book and include her like you did
Deal with paying when you dine. If they charge/ask. They should inquire when you check in regarding her age. If they charge you, they charge you. If they don't, they don't. All you can do is provide them the correct info, which you have done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter