children's clubs

OHIO VIKING

Earning My Ears
We are considering sending our 2 youngest to Simba's club one evening and I was wondering about anyone else's experiences there. Everyone seems to rave about the Neverland club at the Poly but I haven't heard much about any of the other ones. Are they all basically the same with just different themes or is one that much better than the other? What is the ratio of childeren to caregivers? Do they have planned activities or are they just sitting there watching tv? I tried doing a search but it is disabled so any ifo would be wonderful. By the way our boys are 6 and 9 years so will both have a good time or is it geared for younger vs. older children or vice versa? Thanks!

Let me start by saying that my kids have never stayed at Simba's, they have stayed at the Neverland Club and Cub Den.
But we looked at Simba, and it was very nice, there were al lot of activities, place for craft, a place for playing, and of course a big TV.
My girls love the Neverland Club, they are free to do what they want, play games, use the computer, make some crafts, then later in the evening they watched a movie, they always want to go again.... I am not sure what the ratio is of kids/staff, but I always felt that they were very well taken care off.

Hi, I brought my kids to Simba's in Dec 2002 ( DD9 & DS6 ) I droped them off around 5 and signed up with the very nice staff for a pager they asked to see ID ( i am pretty sure ) we chose what the kids would eat for dinner and what time I would be back . the room is pretty big and they had 2 kids already and 4 staff members .. there was a large TV, some arcade games, a craft table , tons of books blocks games.. I asked each one seperate and together how they liked it and both time each one said " it was lots of fun " .. Hope this Helps Michelle

I don't have many photos of Simba's Cubhouse posted, but I do have some: click here for my Simba's Cubhouse photos.

My daughter & son have both done the Never Land Club (multiple times over the years). They both loved it. My daughter has done Simba's Cubhouse quite a few times now (we've stayed at the AKL three times) and each time we're at the AKL, she begs us to let her go hang out in Simba's. Who am I to turn down my daughter's request (hee hee)?! Anyhow, she has never begged to stay in any of the other resort's childcare clubs, only the AKL's. She has had a marvelous time during each of her visits, and has always made us such beautiful arts & crafts' projects. I hope your child enjoys Simba's as much as mine has.

From the official WDW website:

- - - - - - -
Kids' Programs:
Need someone to watch the kids for a while? Boy, have you come to the right place. From in-room child care to Discovery programs -- even special clubs for kids. We've got it all. Just take a look. Bet you never had a baby sitter like us.

Name: Simba's Cubhouse
Description: Offers activities, entertainment, a meal and a snack for children ages 4-12. Charge is $10 per hour, per child, meal included. Reservations Required
Hours: 4:30 p.m. to 12 midnight
Information: (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)†
- - - - - - -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter