Please remove

I think they might come in handy of you are hiking or walking around a lot.

I know you can buy ones that are not branded "Chilly Pads" and they are exactly the same for much less but I dont know if you can get them in Waikiki. You might be able to get them at WalMart or Target or even Costco on Oahu.

YMMV, but we never got particularly overheated in Hawaii where we'd need these. We were there in September. It's my understanding that the temperature and humidity are relatively stable year-round, so if that's the case, I can't imagine it being much more humid or warmer than when were there. In our experience, it didn't reach mid-90s with 100% humidity like you might see in Orlando in the summer, where these would be a help. There was also a consistent breeze and we noticed a lot of places are "open air" with no AC, which I think supports the fact that it never gets sweltering there like Orlando does in July.

Agree with PP, it's nowhere near as gross as Orlando in the summer! We did use our towels a few times though. We use the Chilly Pads at ball tournaments and stuff where we're sitting around, but IMO they're too heavy to carry around wet and they dry big and stiff. We've found we like the Mission (sorta meshy fabric) ones better--not AS cool but way more convenient.

I agree that the trade winds usually make the climate very pleasant. However, I was there twice in September when a storm system cut off the trade winds and it was tropical and oppressive. That is not the norm. I would say they aren’t necessary unless you are hiking or doing something strenuous.

If the vog rolls in heavy, or the trades get cut off things can get almost as bad as orlando...almost. Probably worst possible scenario would be early morning shower, then vog rolls in and no clouds for the rest of the day (very unlikely...but possible) and even that would only be 90% or so as bad as orlando in the summer.

Most of that can be handled by just making sure to drink a lot of water (colder the better, so maybe just some insulated thermos’ which are widley available on oahu)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter