China: Enchanted China Meets Thread

I didn't realize I was that close to 10. I think I'm there now, if you want to try the PM, again. (Sorry to everyone else tracking this thread.)

We are leaving on Friday for the July 12-23 ABD China trip. Our family has 1 grandmother, 2 parents , 13 year old boy and 11 year old girl. We re also going with 2 other families that add 4 more adults, 11 year old boy and 12 & 14 year old girls to the mix. Can't wait!

Hi all. We are just back from Peru and the San Francisco long weekend, and we have just signed up for China October 2016 adult exclusive! We're glad to be able to experience an adult only itinerary so we can compare.
So Lori and Trevor, from Palo Alto, California, October 11-20, 2016

Hi all. We are just back from Peru and the San Francisco long weekend, and we have just signed up for China October 2016 adult exclusive! We're glad to be able to experience an adult only itinerary so we can compare.
So Lori and Trevor, from Palo Alto, California, October 11-20, 2016

We'll be on the same trip (October 2016).

This will be our first ABD trip, and we didn't realize it would be an adult-only itinerary when we signed up. We'll be very curious about your insights as to the differences between the adults-only and the regular tours. It will be myself (Karen), my husband Joe and his mother Caroline. We are so excited! China is a place my mother-in-law has wanted to visit for as long as I've known her (over twenty years), but not a place any of us felt comfortable exploring on our own.

We'll be on the same trip (October 2016).

This will be our first ABD trip, and we didn't realize it would be an adult-only itinerary when we signed up. We'll be very curious about your insights as to the differences between the adults-only and the regular tours. It will be myself (Karen), my husband Joe and his mother Caroline. We are so excited! China is a place my mother-in-law has wanted to visit for as long as I've known her (over twenty years), but not a place any of us felt comfortable exploring on our own.
Karen, all I can say is that Disney will take such good care of us, it is silly. I fell and cut my leg open pretty badly (needed 12 stitches and an ambulance ride to a remote clinic in Peru) and Rudy and Emily were amazing. When my husband succumbed to a stomach bug later in the trip, they had sent up a special electrolyte drink almost before "he won't be joining us for dinner" were out of my mouth.
I think I will miss the unique of a young person's viewpoint of our experiences, but I am eager to see what little nuances might be different.
Only 1 year, 2 months and x number of days to go!

Anyone got their China visas yet? I had to renew my passport first (would not have 6 months left on mine) and am using it for Mexico in March and Japan in May, so I will apply late May for ours.

Can you please add my family to the meet list? We are signed up for June 4, 2017. It will be me, DH, DD(17 at time of trip) and DS(20 at time of trip). Super excited and can't wait to meet some of our fellow travelers.

Anyone got their China visas yet? I had to renew my passport first (would not have 6 months left on mine) and am using it for Mexico in March and Japan in May, so I will apply late May for ours.

We have ours! My husband actually already had his due to a work trip to Shanghai earlier this year. Can't wait for October! Less than 2 months, now!

OMG, I guess it's real now! I just booked my airfare to China for next June! :eek: Cathay Pacific. It hurt confirming that amount, but... It actually paid off this time to go through ABD, because she found the same airfare I was looking at for $300 cheaper than I'd been able to find it. You just never know.

I've been re-reading all the amazing China ABD Trip Reports, and decided it was time to commit!

Sayhello

OMG, I guess it's real now! I just booked my airfare to China for next June! :eek: Cathay Pacific. It hurt confirming that amount, but... It actually paid off this time to go through ABD, because she found the same airfare I was looking at for $300 cheaper than I'd been able to find it. You just never know.

I've been re-reading all the amazing China ABD Trip Reports, and decided it was time to commit!

Sayhello

I am so happy for you Sayhello.....I am even happier for we all will all get another fabulous review.

Sayhello
Whoo hoo!!! Congrats on getting the flights booked, and that's awesome that ABD was able to save you some money. We used miles so no option to use them this go around...

Sayhello
DH and I are flying Cathay pacific this October, in premium economy. We also booked it through ABD. I'll let you guys know how it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter