Christmas Bonus

Well, will let y'all know tomorrow if it comes.
This is the first company I have worked for that gives a Christmas bonus. We get a monthly bonus on the 10th, kinda like a commission I guess. When I first started here we had nice Christmas parties at our main office with lots of food-drink & everyone got a gift of some sort. Also the owner's wife was the one who always checked the books/files on my side of town so she always gave "her girls" a sweater every year. Nice but never fit, lol. The Christmas bonuses started out $25 per year of employment, later changed to $50 per year so not a huge bonus but mine somehow averages out more than that.

My bonus came on the 21st. But I could "see" it pending on the 20th.
Worked out to about 30% of my salary.
Raise will be 10k for 2022.

(gave boss a $250 donation to a charity they support)
Very similar here. My bonus target is 15% but this year I got 25%. Raise about $10K as well.

My company has also given most staff unscheduled raises twice this year. People are leaving because the job market is so hot, so they're boosting salaries across the board to retain people.

We do Christmas bonuses. I got the Jelly of the Month Club a few years ago but my employers have since more than made it up to me. And I give my direct reports gift cards and buy a gift for my bosses (and one additional colleague I used to carpool with) but the bosses are like family (small company I've worked at for 11 years).

I tend to have no expectations and that seems to work well for me. And I also know that some years bonuses and raises are great and others they aren't, but I'm fortunate to have been well taken care of since I went back to wrork post-divorce.

I hope you get your bonus tomorrow!

My DH and his partner believe that happy employees are productive employees who stick around

Excellent point.
We sent out our employee bonus announcement today (in the form of direct deposit). It will hit their accounts next week at the next pay period, along with their next paycheck.

We don’t get Christmas bonuses. We do get our yearly variable pay bonus in November depending on the company performance and if we’ve met our personal goals and the. We get profit sharing around March/April. I did get notified of my Merit Increase yesterday though so that was something. My husband gets his bonus in the spring. I don’t think I’ve worked anywhere where we were given an actual Christmas bonus.

I've never gotten a bonus, until this year. The hospital gave every employee $500 (full time) or $250 (part time). Honestly, I think it was a thank you for not leaving like everyone else/desperate attempt to keep anyone else from leaving. We've got the same issues as every other hospital in the area - rising rates and declining staff. People are thoroughly burnt out after two years of this nonsense.

DH doesn't get a bonus, but he really enjoys when people show their appreciation (USPS). Drinks and snacks left at the door over the last month were very appreciated as his days can be very, very long. He has shown me every box of candy, gift card, or treat people have left for him. lol. They are just little things; but, it lifts his mood on some pretty rough days.

My boss always gives me a small Christmas bonus and I always give him a gift. He deserves his gift because he’s a Chiropractor (I’m his office manager) and he has put my DD18 back together again more times than I can tell you, and he never charges me. He also is an experienced weight lifter and has taught my DD how to lift heavy weight properly so she doesn’t hurt herself. DD texts him before she has to max out on weight, during softball conditioning, for him to advise her on how she should go about that. He‘s great! Whatever I buy him is never enough for what he deserves.

DH and his business partner own our IT company. We are not a huge company but we do give out a Christmas bonus. This year it was a box of assorted chocolate goodies and $200 cash. We also did secret Santa within the company, totally voluntary, and had all but 2 or 3 people participate. Max $20 (although most people went a bit over that) and we all opened them together a few days ago on a group Teams video call. It was a lot of fun and I think we will try and do this again next year.

Other than that, everyone gets a $50 Amazon gift card on their birthday, we send everyone chocolates for Easter, and a few times during the year we send everyone either pizza (most of us work remotely) or we send everyone Skip the Dishes gift cards so they can order delivery. We used to send everyone fresh baked cookies from a local place that delivered warm cookies but the owner just closed a few months ago. :sad:

It's not much but we try and keep our staff happy. Also, we have to keep gifts under a certain $ per year or the government considers it to be a taxable benefit and our staff would have to pay taxes on it!

I have gotten EOY bonuses at two of the five places I’ve worked at since entering the career workforce. Two of the three gave spot bonuses at random points during the year, one gave 12% salary bonuses in March yearly, and the one I’m at now is one of the ones that gives a small EOY bonus but more importantly an additional sizable yearly work anniversary bonus.
Our boss, the owner of the company, also gave very generous holiday presents. It’s a wonderful place to work for!

When I first started at my company they did Christmas bonuses, but that only lasted a couple years unfortunately.

We don’t get Xmas bonuses, but we get bonuses for every quarter, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4. All dependant on your performance, and other merits. Our Q4 just ended, but they are always a tad behind, so it’ll be paid some time in January.
We did receive a nice “thank you for being on the front lines, etc”, and an extra two weeks added to next years vacation. I am very happy for that, at this age time is very important to me.

We've never received Christmas Bonuses, but we get quarterly and year-end bonuses that add up to a significant amount of money. The last few years have been really good so no one is complaining. The hard part is burying as much as possible from Uncle Sam!

We did receive a nice “thank you for being on the front lines, etc”, and an extra two weeks added to next years vacation. I am very happy for that, at this age time is very important to me.
Wow, that is amazing. Additional time off is an awesome incentive. In my industry that would be unheard of. At my last company if you have been with the company five years or less you get two weeks vacation, five to 10 years you get three weeks, over 10 years you get four weeks, and after 30 years, you get five weeks. Yes, after 30 YEARS.

The most eye opening thing to me in the last few years I worked was how unappreciated the grocery store gift card traditionally given at Christmas. Especially among the under 30s. Apparently some of those folks don't buy groceries, they eat all their meals from restaurants.

• Sad
Reactions: GAN
As a state employee, we never got bonus or gifts. Each department would have a party somewhere after work that we all chipped in for. Employee friends would gift each other but we never bought for the bosses the last 10 years. (they were awful people). I heard that home health workers who worked during the pandemic (me) are getting a bonus in January so that's something. A lot of them quit during the last year to stay home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter