Christmas Cookie recipe exchange , Post your favorite recipes and find some new ones

Once upon a time, I thought it would be fun to make cookies for my school and husband's work. I started December 1 and made a new cookie each workday until Christmas (or school was out). That was years ago. I will have to retire to escape the December cookie madness. :D I give you Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies ... one of the favorites.

Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies Recipe
Ingredients
Yellow Cake Box Mix
½ cup butter, softened
½ tsp. vanilla
1 8 oz. Cream Cheese bar, softened
1 egg
powdered sugar

Instructions
Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
Mix in cake mix.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Roll into balls (or use a 1” cookie scoop) and dip/roll in a bowl of powdered sugar. Cover well and place on a light-colored cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or just until the cookie bottoms begin to brown. Once cool, sift powdered sugar on top if desired.

There are 13 pages of cake mix cookies on this DIS thread over on the Cooking Board:

Cookies from cake mixes! Also: BISCOTTI, BARS, CUPS & POPS

The Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies recipe is even in the thread. :thumbsup2

Any gluten free recipes would be appreciated!

There are several gluten-free cake mixes out. Here is a couple of article which say they tested and and list what they think are the best gluten free mixes:

https://www.thekitchn.com/best-gluten-free-dessert-mixes-23215415

https://www.thespruceeats.com/best-gluten-free-cake-mixes-5090516

1667744950794.png
POLAR BEAR COOKIES

• 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, preferably double-stuffed

• 24 miniature marshmallows
  • 12 oz bag white candy melts, round disc shape
  • 12 candy-coated chocolate candies, blue or brown
  • 1 tube black decorating gel
  • Instructions

• Open each cookie then place 2 marshmallows into position for ‘ears’. Press cookie back together, squeezing the edge of the marshmallow in between the two cookies and securing the ‘ears’ in place. Repeat with remaining cookies.
    • Remove 12 perfectly-shaped candy melts from the package then set aside. Melt the remaining candies according to package directions. Lay a sheet of parchment or wax paper nearby to place cookies once they’ve been dipped. When the candies are melted, dip cookies one at a time, coating them completely.
    • Remove the cookie carefully from the melted candy using a fork then gently tap fork on the side of the bowl to smooth the surface and let excess candy fall off. Try to position the cookie on the fork such that the ‘ears’ are supported by the fork while you tap so they don’t fall into the candy. Transfer dipped cookies to parchment paper and repeat until no cookies remain.
      • Before the candy sets completely, place a reserved (un-melted) candy disc on the cookie to form a muzzle on the bear. Press lightly into place so the melted candy forms a ridge around the disc. This adds a fun little facial feature to the polar bears. Let bears set until firm but reserve at least a teaspoon of the dipping mixture to use to adhere the noses.
        • Once the cookies have set, re-melt the reserved candy coating to use as ‘glue’ to adhere the candy noses in place. Use a dot of decorating gel to create eyes. If you would like to add a mouth, you can do that as well. Once the nose is firmly adhered, serve these cute little guys up!

Notes​

Be sure to use a disc-shaped candy melt for this recipe because you will use it to make the round muzzle.

Last edited:

This cookie reminds me of ancient Israel (Christmas). I’m going to give these a chance.

Edit: I’ve made date cookies before (I love dates) but never thought to add chocolate. Adding some coconut pieces to the cookie recipe, would also be a nice addition to the recipe.

Last edited:
The 'cooking' subsection on this site seems seldom used and has virtually no recent activity. My two favorite recipe sources are the FoodNetwork website or Youtube. The videos on Youtube contain a lot of useful tips for most of the recipes and many to choose from.

The 'cooking' subsection on this site seems seldom used and has virtually no recent activity.
I agree, which is a shame.

I also wish people would post tried and true recipes on threads (and most people do!) rather than doing a random search and posting links which anyone could do on their own. I think on threads like this most people are looking for a recipe that has been already used and enjoyed by another poster.

That is the great thing about sites like Youtube (or FoodNetwork) for recipes. Even for something like 'chocolate chip cookies' it depends on if you like them thin/crispy or soft/chewy which is really a matter of personal preference. Pro chefs post proven recipes and often have a HUGE following so you know the recipe has been perfected. I stopped using allrecipes.com since they don't have a test kitchen and many often defective recipes are posted there. That site was created by combining various others sites some of which allowed any one to upload unreliable personal recipes. Frustrating wasting your time/money on a defective recipe.

Last edited:
I agree, which is a shame.

I also wish people would post tried and true recipes on threads (and most people do!) rather than doing a random search and posting links which anyone could do on their own. I think on threads like this most people are looking for a recipe that has been already used and enjoyed by another poster.
OTOH, when someone posts a recipe link, I can click on it and it usually has a print button. I can't easily print a recipe that's just typed out in this thread.

OTOH, when someone posts a recipe link, I can click on it and it usually has a print button. I can't easily print a recipe that's just typed out in this thread.
Sorry...I wasn't clear. I don't mean at all when someone shares a link to a recipe they have used. I meant when (generally a particular) person posts links to recipes they have never made based off a google search so it's just a random recipe. Not a link to a recipe someone has used before. If people just wanted to google a random recipe off the internet I would imagine they would just go ahead and do that.

I link to recipes I've made before all the time (usually with some relevant comments) because I agree it's easier to print that way. No problems there! But I do also appreciate the personal recipes people share.

These cranberry pistachio biscotti were the highlight of last year's cookies. A friend who tried them sent me the link. Add more cranberries to the mix and I couldn't find any unsalted pistachios, so I used lightly salted and eliminated salt from the recipe. I will be tripling the recipe this year to add more to the plates that I give to family and friends.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10638/cranberry-pistachio-biscotti/

Has anyone tried the Snickerdoodle cookies at Noodles? I would love to find a very similar recipe. They are very moist.

Every year I make gingerbread men cookies from the recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com. I love them so much. Last year I had some leftover cream cheese frosting from red velvet cupcakes so I make gingerbread cookie sandwiches with cream cheese frosting.

They were so good! I’ve also made Sally’s homemade salted caramel sauce so this year I’m going to add the caramel to the cookie sandwiches to see if it works.

It’s been awhile since I had the Epcot cookie. Does anyone remember what type of frosting this cookie has? I might try a salted caramel frosting vs. the cream cheese?

We only make a few things and decide as we go but one of the things we always have is Peppermint Crack. So easy, chocolate graham crackers, sprinkle on the peppermint chips and bake for 5 minutes until the chips are soft. Take it out of the oven spread the chips around and let cool. Once cool just break up like bark. People cant get enough of it for some reason, hence the "crack" name.

I saw this recipe on pinterest I want to try though. My ex sister in law used to make a chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips. I never made them myself because I couldn't them to give me her recipe but I think im ready to try on my own (15 yrs later!)

https://www.recipegirl.com/chocolate-wows/

Has anyone tried the Snickerdoodle cookies at Noodles? I would love to find a very similar recipe. They are very moist.
I haven't had the specific Snickerdoodles you're referencing. Here's my snickerdoodle recipe that I love enough to make them the first cookie of December every year!

PDF attached for easy printing. :)

Perfect Snickerdoodles

The BEST most PERFECT Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Super soft and buttery, loaded with cinnamon and sugar. Plus, there's no chilling the dough necessary, so they can be made QUICK! Serves: 3 dozen cookies
Ingredients
1 cup butter, room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 egg, plus 1 yolk
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2¾ cup flour
Cinnamon Sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325°
Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper, set aside. In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. With mixer on medium speed add in egg, yolk and vanilla and beat for another minute, scraping the sides as necessary.
Turn mixer to medium low and mix in baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix for 30 seconds, scraping sides as necessary. Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined. In a separate small bowl make your Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together cinnamon and sugar, stirring until evenly combined. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, measure out about 1 Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Then roll each cookie dough ball into the Cinnamon Sugar mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway through baking.

*I baked mine for exactly 10 minutes every time I make these cookies with perfect results, but I know ovens vary, so bake only until the edges are slightly golden. The tops may seem slightly undercooked, but they will firm up perfectly when they cool. If you prefer a crisper cookie, bake for 2 additional minutes.

Source: http://cookiesandcups.com/perfect-snickerdoodles/

Attachments

• Snickerdoodles.pdf
    137.9 KB · Views: 3
Tomato sandwiches (a cold sandwich made with toasted bread and cheese) can be vegetarian, chicken sandwiches (hot, cold or grilled) are usually eaten with the hands, and peanut butter sandwiches are a popular, healthy and inexpensive choice for children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter