Christmas Cookie recipe exchange , Post your favorite recipes and find some new ones

MAPLE PECAN COOKIES

3 C Flour
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
2 sticks butter (I use salted) - Room Temp
1 C brown sugar
1 C white sugar
2 eggs
Pure maple syrup
Maple flavoring
1 C chopped toasted pecans
Powdered sugar

Preheat 375 degrees.
Combine first four dry ingredients in list an set aside
In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown and white sugars until well blended. Mix in eggs, a drizzle of syrup, and a 1/2 tbsp maple flavoring.
Slowly add the set aside dry ingredients. Dough will be dry and thick, but not really sticky.
Stir in chopped pecans (you can use less or more to taste).
Use a cookie scoop for uniformity (I use a medium Pampered Chef) to scoop out onto parchment lined cookie sheets (makes about 3 doz)
Bake 8 to 10 mins (don't overbake)
Cool on pan 2 minutes, move to a cooling rack

Mix about a cup of powdered sugar with about a tbsp of maple syrup and/or maple flavoring. Add more or less until it is glaze consistency. Take a fork and drizzle cooled cookies with glaze.

These are DELICIOUS. My husband's work likes them so much they've been putting in orders to pay me to make them. Woot!

Can't wait to try these! My wife is going to love them.

Once upon a time, I thought it would be fun to make cookies for my school and husband's work. I started December 1 and made a new cookie each workday until Christmas (or school was out). That was years ago. I will have to retire to escape the December cookie madness. :D I give you Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies ... one of the favorites.

Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies Recipe
Ingredients
Yellow Cake Box Mix
½ cup butter, softened
½ tsp. vanilla
1 8 oz. Cream Cheese bar, softened
1 egg
powdered sugar

Instructions
Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
Mix in cake mix.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Roll into balls (or use a 1” cookie scoop) and dip/roll in a bowl of powdered sugar. Cover well and place on a light-colored cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or just until the cookie bottoms begin to brown. Once cool, sift powdered sugar on top if desired.

I mean to be fair, if you're willing to read the comments they'll correct any issues and may give you ideas you didn't have before to take it up a notch. I hate the food network site I've lost track of the number of times my mother who is addicted to the site and the channel has complained about measurements being off, or forgetting ingredients altogether.

With a quick read of the "most helpful" section of the comment on allrecipies I've had nothing but success with them.

That is the great thing about sites like Youtube (or FoodNetwork) for recipes. Even for something like 'chocolate chip cookies' it depends on if you like them thin/crispy or soft/chewy which is really a matter of personal preference. Pro chefs post proven recipes and often have a HUGE following so you know the recipe has been perfected. I stopped using allrecipes.com since they don't have a test kitchen and many often defective recipes are posted there. That site was created by combining various others sites some of which allowed any one to upload unreliable personal recipes. Frustrating wasting your time/money on a defective recipe.

Irish butter supposedly has a higher fat content (82%) then US butter (80%). If it is actully made in Ireland and exported to the US, then obviously part of the higher price is the cost of shipping.

In what way is it different? I've never used it, now I'm curious.

The taste of the butter comes across more (in a good way!) is the only way I can explain it. Richer maybe?
Irish butter supposedly has a higher fat content (82%) then US butter (80%). If it is actully made in Ireland and exported to the US, then obviously part of the higher price is the cost of shipping.

2% fat makes a difference apparently! Thanks for the info!

My mom who passed in June would makes these every year and give us each a tin. Still my middle DD favorite even though her dad makes about 8 different sweets every Christmas.

Persimmon Cookies

1C Persimmon Pulp
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 Egg
1 C Sugar
1/2 C Butter
2 C Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cloves
Pinch of Salt
1 C raisins
1 C Walnuts or Pecans chopped

Add baking soda to persimmon pulp.
Cream butter, sugar and eggs together with mixer.
Add persimmon pulp
Add spices and salt
Gradually add flour, raisins and nuts

Drop spoonful of dough onto sheet pan lined with baking paper

Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes
They should be a little soft still

makes 3 dozen small cookies

My mom who passed in June would makes these every year and give us each a tin. Still my middle DD favorite even though her dad makes about 8 different sweets every Christmas.

Persimmon Cookies

1C Persimmon Pulp
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 Egg
1 C Sugar
1/2 C Butter
2 C Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cloves
Pinch of Salt
1 C raisins
1 C Walnuts or Pecans chopped

Add baking soda to persimmon pulp.
Cream butter, sugar and eggs together with mixer.
Add persimmon pulp
Add spices and salt
Gradually add flour, raisins and nuts

Drop spoonful of dough onto sheet pan lined with baking paper

Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes
They should be a little soft still

makes 3 dozen small cookies
This sounds really good. How do you get the persimmon pulp? Is that the persimmon "goop" that is around the seeds? What is the easiest way to extract this? I've never had/worked with a persimmon before.

This sounds really good. How do you get the persimmon pulp? Is that the persimmon "goop" that is around the seeds? What is the easiest way to extract this? I've never had/worked with a persimmon before.
I wash them, cut in half and scoop out with a spoon. Pick out seeds and smash by hand or put in food blender or food processor.

In what way is it different? I've never used it, now I'm curious.
As someone whose family raises dairy cattle in Ireland, I can answer this question: Irish grass. Irish dairy cattle are normally 100% grass-fed; they don't get grain supplements except during the very coldest part of winter, because the damp and not-too-cold weather of Ireland is optimal for a very long growing season for sweet grass, which is grazed in the field and fed in the form of dried grass silage. This is also why Irish butter is naturally very yellow in color. The sweetness of the grass comes through to the milk, which in turn flavors the butter.

You can buy skim milk in Ireland, and it still tastes better than any other cow's milk I've ever had. It's not the fat percentage; it's the grass.

Great thread!

I'll try a few if I can get the metric conversions. Luckily, these days, some recipe sites have the option to convert. I haven't found my individual conversions have worked so well. I'd also add a recipe, but, again, it would be metric, not cups???

It's certainly getting my baking wheels turning, though.

Great thread!

I'll try a few if I can get the metric conversions. Luckily, these days, some recipe sites have the option to convert. I haven't found my individual conversions have worked so well. I'd also add a recipe, but, again, it would be metric, not cups???

It's certainly getting my baking wheels turning, though.

I have a scale and cups in mL so metric is good here!

Help! I am not a baker and I have been invited to a cookie exchange on Saturday. I need a super easy recipe that people will like.

Take your favorite chocolate chip cookie and sup half the chocolate chips for heath toffee bits.

Or if that's out of your wheelhouse buy the slice and bake chocolate chip cookies - place a carmel in the center of each cookie - bake. When you pull them out press a pecan half into the center of the caramel.

Help! I am not a baker and I have been invited to a cookie exchange on Saturday. I need a super easy recipe that people will like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter