Christmas cookie recipes??

Our garage is fridge-cold in winter (unless we get a mild spell) so I might try that - although we don't have such a tradition of "bring a dish" parties over Christmas. Are the little green Christmas trees a spritz cookie? I have a PC cookie press with a tree in and so I could do those:goodvibes

ETA I specially love the reindeer!

Our garage is fridge-cold in winter (unless we get a mild spell) so I might try that - although we don't have such a tradition of "bring a dish" parties over Christmas. Are the little green Christmas trees a spritz cookie? I have a PC cookie press with a tree in and so I could do those:goodvibes

ETA I specially love the reindeer!

Yes, I use the PC cookie press!

Thanks! The kids really like the reindeer cookies too. They are usually one of the first to be eaten.

Well, I made the Candy Cane cookies and should have taken another look at your pictures. When it said to drizzle the white chocolate, I figured I better drizzle it fast before it hardens and just squirted it higgeldy piggeldy over the cookies. Needless to say, mine do NOT have those pretty white designs that are on your picture :sad2: :rolleyes1 .
The coconut cookies seemed strange to me with no baking. I needed to add more melted butter to make all the coconut stick together and since I didn't want them falliing apart as they warmed up to room temperature, I decided to dip them (after freezing them) in a high quality unsweetened chocolate. I tasted one and it's really good. Like a Coconut Truffle.

Well, I made the Candy Cane cookies and should have taken another look at your pictures. When it said to drizzle the white chocolate, I figured I better drizzle it fast before it hardens and just squirted it higgeldy piggeldy over the cookies. Needless to say, mine do NOT have those pretty white designs that are on your picture :sad2: :rolleyes1 .
The coconut cookies seemed strange to me with no baking. I needed to add more melted butter to make all the coconut stick together and since I didn't want them falliing apart as they warmed up to room temperature, I decided to dip them (after freezing them) in a high quality unsweetened chocolate. I tasted one and it's really good. Like a Coconut Truffle.

The first year I did the drizzle the same way! When I was done I had to find the picture because they didn't end up the way I remembered seeing them in the magazine. I now put the melted chocolate in a plastic squeezey thing with a cake decorating tip on it and it works so much nicer and if the chocolate starts getting stiff I just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds.

When we make the coconut cookies we usually end up with a large pool of butter in the bottom of the pan. We usually pack them pretty tight into a ball and squeeze butter out of them. If you are really rough with them they fall apart, but we have a couple other cookies that are much more delicate. I haven't had any fall apart on the cookie tray yet. Sitting them out a room temperature does bother them to much. Well we might have had a problem with them at my Grandparent's house... They kept their house at 85 degrees. ;)

I will have to mention the dipping them in the chocolate to my mom that's a good idea, but I have a feeling a couple of my family members would not be happy if they grabbed one and popped it in their mouth and them found out it was coconut... This weekend we were just talking about the chocolates you have to punch a hole in the bottom to see if it is a good one. My cousin said the coconut ones were the worst!

Sorry I havn't updated this post this year. I got a couple messages that people were looking for pictures and updates so here it is!

2010 edition of the Cookie piles!
IMG_0429.png

IMG_0436.png

This cookie just looks mad...
IMG_0442.jpg

My sister got my DS a Peanuts cookie kit as one of his advent calendar presents. He loves Charlie Brown Christmas this year! We watch it almost daily and if we miss a day we usually make up for it by watching it two or three times the next day! Here they are making their cookies and mess.
IMG_03771.jpg

IMG_03831.jpg

IMG_03951.jpg

Me and DS5 making a batch of cookies. Note the tall blonde in the background behind me is my DS15. I think I posted pictures of him from previous years here.
DSC02641.jpg

That is all the pictures I have at work and I don't have any new cookie recipes here, but I do have one for fudge with me.

Fantasy Fudge
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 - 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate pieces (I use milk chocolate)
1 - 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate pieces until melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla; beat until well blended. Pour into greased 13x9 pan. Cool at room temperature; cut into squares.

If I have more time in the next couple days I will post more cookie recipes, but don't hold your breath. I don't have any present wrapped yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter