Christmas cookie recipes??

Dismom+two

<font color=purple>Dh and I always refer to it as
I am getting excited about baking for Christmas...can you share your favorite cookie recipe???

Ricotta Cheese Cookies

2 cups of sugar
1/2 pound butter or margarine
15 ounce carton of Ricotta cheese
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoons baking soda
Frosting: 4oz cream cheese
2 teaspoons butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream well together sugar, butter or margarine, ricotta cheese, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture, mix well. Drop by teaspoons on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until light brown on bottom (about 10 minutes). Cool, then ice with frosting. Frosting; cream cheese, 2 teaspoons butter, confectioners sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Dip in red and green sprinkles.

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/cat0001.html is a great holiday site to find cookie recipes and activities!

Mrs. Disney Ron

OHHHH Mrs. Disney Ron!! What a way to start!! Those look yummy!!! Thanks

Pixies

12 tbsp Cocoa 4 Eggs
3 tbsp Oil 2 cups Flour
1/4 cup Butter 1 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups Sugar 1/4 tsp Salt

Beat oil and butter, then add cocoa. Cream sugar and eggs, then add cocoa mixture. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Refigerate for 2 hours. Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 300º for 15 minutes±.

Bake 15 minutes at 300º.

These are one of my DH's favorites.

Grandma's Date Nut Pinwheels

Dough
½ cup Butter
½ cup Brown Sugar
¾ cup Sugar
Cream butter and sugars.
Add in the following and beat well.
½ tsp Vanilla
¼ tsp Baking Soda
1 Egg
2 cups Flour
Pinch of salt
Note: Chill the dough before rolling out.

Filling
Cook: 1 box Chopped Dates, 1/3 cup Water, ¼ cup Sugar, dash of Salt. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup Chopped Pecans.

Roll out dough on floured surface ½ at a time to 10” x 8” rectangle. Spread with ½ filling. Roll up starting on 10” side. Wrap in waxed paper & chill at least 2 hours. Slice about 1/4” thick. Bake on greased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes at 400º.

These are my daddy's favorites!

Butter Cookies (Cookie Press Cookies)

1 cup (2 sticks) Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tps Almond Extract
2-1/3 cups Flour

Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract. Gradually beat in flour. Fill cookie press with 1/4 of dough at a time; form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheets. Add sprinkles! Bake in preheated 350˚ oven, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool. Makes about 7 dozen cookies. For Christmas we usually make a double batch. They are smallish bite size cookies.

That is all the Christmas cookie recipies I happen to have on my computer here at work.

We usually make lots and lots of cookies! My mom, sister and I usually get together and make most of the cookies in one weekend. We have so much fun! The past couple of years DS12 has also helped. He loves to cook and bake! We all buy our ingredients and go to either my house or my mom's (we both have double ovens). We have two stand mixers and we usually have atleast 3 (but usually more) kinds of cookies being mixed, baked, chilled or iced at a time. We usually each pick a batch of cookies to make. We then double the batches or make 3 batches in a row if there is a certain kind of cookie one of us likes to make (like I hate rollout cookies and my sister loves it). It speeds things up if you do multiple batches of the same cookies at the time.

This year we are at my mom's house since they just did a complete kitchen remodel and she got the world's coolest double oven. We can have 8 sheets of cookies baking at one time!

When I get time over the next couple of weeks I will add more cookie recipies.

My mom and I are going to get together December 1st (DSis will be out if town) to start making cookies and then we will finish them up on the 10th while the guys are out deer hunting.

:santa: These are my Dad's all-time favorite, my grandmother always made them with extra cashews!!! These are almost like candy when done. They are a nice filler on a cookie tray.

Butterscotch Haystacks
1 package Butterscotch chips (appx 12 oz)
1 can (10 ounces) cashews
1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles

Melt butterscotch according to package directions. Stir in nuts and noodles. Spoon onto waxed paper and let dry.

Mrs. Disney Ron

Butter Cookies (Cookie Press Cookies)

1 cup (2 sticks) Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tps Almond Extract
2-1/3 cups Flour

Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract. Gradually beat in flour. Fill cookie press with 1/4 of dough at a time; form desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheets. Add sprinkles! Bake in preheated 350˚ oven, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool. Makes about 7 dozen cookies. For Christmas we usually make a double batch. They are smallish bite size cookies.

I do these...ok TRY and do these with my cookie press....and I get so aggrivated with them...they either stick to the cookie sheet...stick to the cookie press...just don't do what they are suppose to!!
Do you have any tips?? I even try to chill the dough and it STILL doesn't work!!! HELP ME!!!

I have good memories of my Nanas cookies and I want to be able to make them too. :sad2:

:surfweb:
That is all the Christmas cookie recipies I happen to have on my computer here at work.

We usually make lots and lots of cookies! My mom, sister and I usually get together and make most of the cookies in one weekend. We have so much fun! The past couple of years DS12 has also helped. He loves to cook and bake! We all buy our ingredients and go to either my house or my mom's (we both have double ovens). We have two stand mixers and we usually have atleast 3 (but usually more) kinds of cookies at being mixed, baked, chilled or iced at a time. We usually each pick a batch of cookies to make. We then double the batches or make 3 batches in a row if there is a certain kind of cookie one of us does like to make (like I hate rollout cookies and my sister loves it). It speeds things up if you do multiple batches of the same cookies at the time.

This year we are at my mom's house since they just did a complete kitchen remodel and she got the world's coolest double oven. We can have 8 sheets of cookies baking at one time!

When I get time over the next couple of weeks I will add more cookie recipies.

My mom and I are going to get together December 1st (DSis will be out if town) to start making cookies and then we will finish them up on the 10th while the guys are out deer hunting.

Staci...this sounds like a lot of fun!! I wish my sister and I could do this but she lives too far away! :sad1: Of course...I guess I COULD drive down there for a weekend and do it....Hmmmm have to think about this more.

Cowboy Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup Crisco
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Quick oatmeal
2 eggs
1 package of butterscotch chips (or chocolate)
1 cup chopped nuts

Cream crisco and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Sift together flour, salt, and soda, add to mixture. Add oatmeal , butterscotch chips and nuts. Drop spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until brown. Cool slightly and remove from pan.

This is another one of my grandmother's that my brothers love!
I am glad the Disneymom+two started this thread, :) thanks!

Mrs. Disney Ron

Yummmmy they all look so good!!! On that last one...what kind of nuts do YOU use? I usually don't like to put nuts in anything I bake...but if I do...what would you suggest?

1 ¾ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter or margarine, softened
⅓ cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence (NOT flavouring)
1 cup plain (semi-sweet) chocolate morsels, melted

Preheat oven to 350F/180C/Fan 160C. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl, mix well. In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and peanut butter until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla, stir in melted chocolate. Add flour mixture and mix well. Drop scoops or dessertspoons of dough onto baking sheets about 2” apart. Flatten balls slightly (you can add chopped peanut butter cups or M&Ms to the top if you wish). Bake for 18-20 minutes until cookies are almost set and cracked on top (should still be moist – do not overbake!) Cool for 3-5 minutes on tray before moving to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely- if you can! Perfect with a glass of milk!

Makes about 18 BIIIIG cookies :thumbsup2

These are nice, but I have another Christmas cookie recipe which I make only at Christmas (unless I'm asked VERY nicely :rolleyes1 ) but I don't have it on my work PC. I'll try to post it from home, but I might need time to actually type it in.

Yummmmy they all look so good!!! On that last one...what kind of nuts do YOU use? I usually don't like to put nuts in anything I bake...but if I do...what would you suggest?

I usually use walnuts, but I have substituted pecans.

Mrs. Disney Ron

I do these...ok TRY and do these with my cookie press....and I get so aggrivated with them...they either stick to the cookie sheet...stick to the cookie press...just don't do what they are suppose to!!
Do you have any tips?? I even try to chill the dough and it STILL doesn't work!!! HELP ME!!!

I have good memories of my Nanas cookies and I want to be able to make them too. :sad2:

I too have some problems once in a while with them sticking to the press. This usually happens when I get too much or too little dough. I have the Pampered Chef cookie press and the perfect cookie squeeze is one and a half clicks. Just experiment with it and if they aren't right just scrape them up and throw them back in the bowl and try again. HTH

:surfweb:

Staci...this sounds like a lot of fun!! I wish my sister and I could do this but she lives too far away! :sad1: Of course...I guess I COULD drive down there for a weekend and do it....Hmmmm have to think about this more.

It does help that all three of us live next door to each other!

Grandparents had a farm and gave their three sons each land and then when DH and I got married gave us land as a wedding present. They wanted to keep everybody close together! And let me tell you it was great growing up having grandparents living just down the road. Any time you wanted to get away or run away there was always somewhere really close to go! ;)

I have some favorites to add. I copied them from Recipezaar but they were not originally from this site

The chocolate cookie is my son's favorite. The almond cookie is a delicate shortbread and is so good

[FONT=&quot]Chocolate Cherry Cookies Recipe #20374 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A hidden cherry under the chocolate makes a sweet surprise when you bite into these wonderful chocolate cookies. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]48 cookies [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image001.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]55 min 45 min prep [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 1/2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cups [/FONT][FONT=&quot]all-purpose flour[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup unsweetened cocoa powder [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup [/FONT][FONT=&quot]butter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or [/FONT][FONT=&quot]margarine[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup [/FONT][FONT=&quot]sugar[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]teaspoon [/FONT][FONT=&quot]baking soda[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]teaspoon [/FONT][FONT=&quot]baking powder[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]teaspoon [/FONT][FONT=&quot]salt[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]large [/FONT][FONT=&quot]egg[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]teaspoons [/FONT][FONT=&quot]vanilla[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]48 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]undrained [/FONT][FONT=&quot]maraschino cherries[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (reserve 4 tsp cherry juice) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup semisweet chocolate pieces [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup [/FONT][FONT=&quot]sweetened condensed milk[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  1. [FONT=&quot]Combine flour and cocoa; set aside.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Beat butter in a med bowl on med speed until softened.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Add sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Beat until well mixed.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping the side of the bowl.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Gradually beat in flour mixture.[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]Shape dough into 1-inch balls.[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased cooking sheet.[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]Press down the centers with your thumb.[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=&quot]Drain cherries, reserving juice.[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=&quot]Place a cherry in the center of each cookie in the depression you made with your thumb.[/FONT]
  12. [FONT=&quot]Combine chocolate pieces and condensed milk in a small saucepan.[/FONT]
  13. [FONT=&quot]Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.[/FONT]
  14. [FONT=&quot]Stir in 4 teaspoons of the reserved cherry juice.[/FONT]
  15. [FONT=&quot]Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate and milk mixture over each cherry, spreading to cover cherry.[/FONT]
  16. [FONT=&quot]If the frosting is too thick, thin with additional cherry juice.[/FONT]
  17. [FONT=&quot]Bake in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until edges of cookie is firm.[/FONT]
  18. [FONT=&quot]Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.[/FONT]
  19. [FONT=&quot]Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Raspberry Almond Cookies #200186 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Delicate and rich flavored thumbprint cookies from the Land O'Lakes Cookbook [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]by [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Wendelina[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]servings [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
clip_image001.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]24 min 10 min prep [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cookies[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2/3 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup [/FONT][FONT=&quot]sugar[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup [/FONT][FONT=&quot]butter[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1/2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]teaspoon almond extract, softened [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cups [/FONT][FONT=&quot]all-purpose flour[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1/2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup raspberry jam (seedless) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Glaze[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]cup [/FONT][FONT=&quot]powdered sugar[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]teaspoons almond extract [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2-3 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]tablespoons [/FONT][FONT=&quot]water[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Heat oven to 350. [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]In large mixer bowl combine sugar, butter and almond extract. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Beat at medium speed until creamy (2-3 minutes). [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed (2-3 minutes). [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Cover and chill at least one hour. [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on cookie sheets. [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]With thumb, make indentation in the center of each, and fill with about 1/4 tsp raspberry jam. [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]Bake for 14-18 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. [/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]Let stand 1 minute before removing from cookie sheeet. [/FONT]
  10. [FONT=&quot]Remove and let cool completely. [/FONT]
  11. [FONT=&quot]In a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.[/FONT]

Butterballs

1 cup Butter
1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Chopped Pecans
1 Tbs Vanilla
2 cups Flour

Cream butter, add sugar and salt, cream until light and fluffy. Add nuts and vanilla. Blend in flour. Shape into balls or crescents. Bake on ungreased cookies sheet at 325 for 15-20 minutes. Do not brown. Cool slightly. Roll in confectioners sugar.

Makes 4-5 dozen

Cake Mix Cookies

1 Box of Cake Mix (any flavor)
1 Egg
4 oz Cool Whip

Mix dough. It will very sticky! Make balls of dough and roll in confectioners sugar. Top with marischino cherry (optional).

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
Make 40 cookies.

These are really quick and easy. One tip is we use a Pampered Chef cookie scoop. It is like a mini ice cream scoop with the little thing to flip the STICKY dough out into the sugar so I don't have to touch it.

Amaretto Cookies These are some of the roll out - cut out cookies my sister does... I help ice them.

1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
1/2 cup sifted Confectioners
1 tsp Amaretto
2-1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
2/3 cup ground blanched almonds

Beat together butter, sugar and amaretto until smooth. Stir in flour and almonds until well blended. Chill 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. Roll dough, half at a time, on floured surface, to a 1/4" thinkness. Cut ou in desired shapes. Transfer with spatula to prepared cookie sheets, spacing 1/2" apart. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Transfer to wire racks. Cool.

Amaretto Butter Cream Icing
Combine 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) softened butter or margarine, 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur (Amaretto), 1 tablespoon heavy cream and 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar in small bowl. Beat until well blended.
Frost cookies with plain (white) butter cream icing. Dip in desired color sprinkles. Let dry. We usually end up icing them last thing before we go to bed and leave them set up over night before we put them into an air tight container.

These cookies are more work than some, but they are so very good and they add color to a cookie tray. We usually do different sized star shaped cookies and make them a variety of colors (blue, yellow, white...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter