Tashasmiled

Disney Bride 2022
I am looking for advice from anyone who has been there over Christmas. We are getting married December 19 and are leaving on December 26 so I was thinking about booking a farewell party or just Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day.

Our wedding consultant just said that the usual farewell party places are only doing regular dining, no farewell parties which I totally get it. It's just that we leave on Boxing Day so I was hoping to do something for dinner.

Does anyone have suggestions? we are coming from Canada and my fiance is driving so he can bring my turkey roaster and I can get turkey fixings to do a dinner ourselves but I was hoping to do Magic Kingdom on the last day and see the fireworks and not spend my day cooking.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Did anyone reserve a restaurant for Christmas dinner successfully? There are 24 in my party and I don't mind a separate room for it and not a big thing like an actual farewell party. My fiancé's parents have been divorced these past 30 years and so he will never again get a Christmas dinner with his parents aside from this opportunity. Pam is looking but seems like she doesn't think she can help with an actual farewell party. Which I totally understand. Maybe something like Paddlefish? I'm at such a loss.

I could technically book an Airbnb and as I said bring my turkey roaster, my fiance would be okay with catering but as I said, I was hoping to see one of the parks on the last day we are there before going home.

Please help! Thank you all so much!

Looks like the Boathouse and Paddlefish is mostly fish which likely won't satisfy the desire for a turkey dinner. Oh I'm so lost!

Have you asked your planner about the Napa or Sonoma rooms at the Contemporary?

Yes, she said due to the holiday many private venues are being used for day guests due to peak attendance. She hasn't given me any other options but Sonoma was my first choice.

I see. My concern with going all the way to DS for dinner is getting back to MK to see the fireworks. Can they do anything for you in the EP area so you can see Harmonious?

Just to add, if you are interested in EP, you could call Swan/Dolphin directly to try to arrange something at one of their restaurants

I am looking for advice from anyone who has been there over Christmas. We are getting married December 19 and are leaving on December 26 so I was thinking about booking a farewell party or just Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day.

Our wedding consultant just said that the usual farewell party places are only doing regular dining, no farewell parties which I totally get it. It's just that we leave on Boxing Day so I was hoping to do something for dinner.

Does anyone have suggestions? we are coming from Canada and my fiance is driving so he can bring my turkey roaster and I can get turkey fixings to do a dinner ourselves but I was hoping to do Magic Kingdom on the last day and see the fireworks and not spend my day cooking.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Did anyone reserve a restaurant for Christmas dinner successfully? There are 24 in my party and I don't mind a separate room for it and not a big thing like an actual farewell party. My fiancé's parents have been divorced these past 30 years and so he will never again get a Christmas dinner with his parents aside from this opportunity. Pam is looking but seems like she doesn't think she can help with an actual farewell party. Which I totally understand. Maybe something like Paddlefish? I'm at such a loss.

I could technically book an Airbnb and as I said bring my turkey roaster, my fiance would be okay with catering but as I said, I was hoping to see one of the parks on the last day we are there before going home.

Please help! Thank you all so much!
There are a couple of "rec' rooms at BCV that have seating, TV's, pool table etc ..... not sure if those are "reservable" for something like a private party or not.

Polynesian also has a bbq area with a covered pavilion but weather could be a factor there.

When California Grill first opened, we actually were surprised by a friend with an anniversary dinner in a private room. Worth checking into.

Back in 2020, we had our Christmas meal at BOG. It was perfect! Other years we've had Christmas meal at California Grill.

Can you maybe arrange a dessert party for your group to watch MK fireworks?

When California Grill first opened, we actually were surprised by a friend with an anniversary dinner in a private room. Worth checking into.

Back in 2020, we had our Christmas meal at BOG. It was perfect! Other years we've had Christmas meal at California Grill.

Can you maybe arrange a dessert party for your group to watch MK fireworks?

Yeah I guess there is just some delay in hearing back but it looks like the Sonoma Room at California Grill is a go now! Yay! It really was the last piece of my puzzle. At this point, if it's not a turkey dinner I'm okay with whatever we get haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter