Christmas Eve and Christmas Day-Peak Capacity?

disneyfanforever

DIS Veteran
What are the odds that the parks could reach capacity and close to new guests on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? My understanding is that there is no reservation system like Disney, is that correct? We are planning on buying Premier passes for my son and daughter-in-law for them to go during the holidays since this is first time they won’t be able to come home for the holidays. They live in central Florida but probably wouldn’t be able to open the parks but would like to go on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day since they won’t be with family. We just want them to have a great Christmas but would feel awful if they weren’t able to get in the parks.

It will be quite busy. You are going during the busiest week of the year for all theme parks. So be prepared. There is a possibility that you won't get in but be there early and pack your patience.

Make a backup plan in case you can't get in

Great idea for a gift, but those days might be tough. The parks will be packed and a closure could happen. Even if they get in, the lines will probably be long. Without EP, they'll do a lot of standing line if they want to ride. Restaurants will also be packed at the common times.

That all said, we enjoy going to the parks for Christmas. We set our expectations low and try to enjoy the atmosphere.

Thanks for the information. I think we are going to go for it. If they get up early and get to the park around park opening, it looks like they should be able to get in the parks from my research. I am hoping they will have fun just enjoying the atmosphere and ride the rides with the shorter waits during the day. Then hopefully can rides some of the rides with the longer wait times when their Express Passes become active at 4 each day. Does that sound like a good plan?

We were there three Christmas weeks, two on site and one offsite. Christmas Day, even the express lines were long and saw 2 closed in the afternoon. What we did, two mornings, of the week we were there, we did one ride with early entry with a lowest line. Then used our express the first open hour, and then just relaxed and joined an express line when we thought was short enough.

Make food reservations now. And try to eat at off times. When the parks close, City Walk is a sea of people. The Christmas ones we ate at Royal, where we were staying. Off site, we ate at Margaritaville, all with reservations. Parking in the garage, we were on the top level, and held hands, as we waded into that huge sea of wall to wall people. Know without a reservation, walk ups are not accepted in most of the sit down restaurants.

But the parks are decorated nicely, and I love that time of year. Now that my kids are not tied to Christmas breaks, we are leaving to visit this weekend. Lesser crowds, I hope. Did make sit down reservations early last month though, as easy and easy to cancel or modify if other times are available. No cost to make or cancel.

We were there three Christmas weeks, two on site and one offsite. Christmas Day, even the express lines were long and saw 2 closed in the afternoon. What we did, two mornings, of the week we were there, we did one ride with early entry with a lowest line. Then used our express the first open hour, and then just relaxed and joined an express line when we thought was short enough.

Make food reservations now. And try to eat at off times. When the parks close, City Walk is a sea of people. The Christmas ones we ate at Royal, where we were staying. Off site, we ate at Margaritaville, all with reservations. Parking in the garage, we were on the top level, and held hands, as we waded into that huge sea of wall to wall people. Know without a reservation, walk ups are not accepted in most of the sit down restaurants.

But the parks are decorated nicely, and I love that time of year. Now that my kids are not tied to Christmas breaks, we are leaving to visit this weekend. Lesser crowds, I hope. Did make sit down reservations early last month though, as easy and easy to cancel or modify if other times are available. No cost to make or cancel.
I love how easy it is to make and change reservations. I have reservations made for our Jan trip already just so we have something. If we want to change and there’s a reservation available or if we decide to eat quickly somewhere instead, we can easily change day of. So much nicer than Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter