Christmas Events????

princssdisnygina

Disney Princess
Can anyone tell me what cool Christmas events DL has? We normally visit the World during the holidays so we are used the their events. I know they have a Candlelight Processional thing but do they have a christmas party or anything like that? Help please!!

Thanks!!
Gina :banana: :banana: :banana:

You've got beautiful decorations and a few CPs, but other than that, not much. No Christmas parties. There's usually cookie deocorating on Main Street, and special treats at various restaurants. And Santa is there along with the holiday parade.

How about special hours at the parks or Downtown Disney? We just want to make sure we do as much as we can!!! Thanks for the input!

Gina :banana: :banana: :banana:

DL has it's a small world holiday and Haunted mansion holiday, plus the christmas fireworks, and snow and christmas parade. Then generally have christmasy food, snacks, etc.

CP is usually the 2nd weekend in Dec (though not always) and it not like the one at WDW. WDW was started for guests after DLs popularity, DLs is still mostly for CMs as it always has been. They've actually changed it back to the xmas tree in front of the train station. CMs are given tickets, and then they do give others out on a first come first served basis to guests. You can line up along mainstreet to see the processional down mainstreet without tickets, they're just for the reserved area.

DL will have regular hours up till the week before xmas then hours will be exteneded. One week (usually first or second) in december usually a mon or tue DL will close at 6 I think instead of 8 for the CM party. xmas week and NY week will have extended hours and be extremely crowded. the whole month of dec will have fireworks and parade every night

Disneyland doesn't have the Mickey's party, but they do have:

* Dress up the parks - Disneyland in traditional Christmas colors & DCA in golden colors
* Dickens carolers on Main Street
* Christmas lighting ceremony each day at dusk
* Holiday themed fireworks
* Snow after the fireworks
* Fab 5 characters in Christmas costumes
* It's a Small World Holiday - the whole facade is decorated, plus the ride has a Christmas theme
* Haunted Mansion - Nightmare Before Christmas
* Decorating cookies at Main Street & New Orleans
* Christmas treats at the French Market restaurant in New Orleans
* Christmas Parade beginning on Thanksgiving Day
* Santa on Main Street
* Santas Beach Party at DCA
* CL Processional is usually first or second weekend in December, and will probably be on 12/10-11 ... maybe on Main Street - in front of the Train Station, facing Town Square

WOW....Thanks for all of the great info! I will have to keep this in my favorites so I can use it in December!

Gina ::MinnieMo

We didn't get to see any special Christmas events - but were stil thrilled with the Christmas spirit at Disney.

The makeovers of Haunted Mansion (which I believe they are not doing this year) and Small World were superb.

But the best things was the superb Christmas decorations and nightly parade - it just gave the whole place a very special feel.

What? No Haunted layover this year? Are you sure? Where did you here this? Can anyone confirm it? We are headed down for Christmas and love the lay over.

Anyone have more info on this?

Thanks

Haunted Mansion is speculation at this time. When I asked a CM about it they said that yes, they were going to do it this year. However, sometimes you get more accurate info via the netvine. We'll know more as the time approaches.

They actually have 2 different light ceremonies (I think they do them about 5 minutes apart) one on mainstreet where they turn the tree lights on and one at Small world where they turn those lights on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter