Christmas week without PSs?

HM

My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.
We actually have PSs at Liberty Tree Tavern for Christmas Eve and Chef d'France for Christmas Day lunch. So those day's are set. We'll eat counter service for the other meals.

We are hoping to have a sort of play-it-by ear trip this time and were hoping to get away without making PSs for meals before we go and still be able to have one sitdown meal a day. To those who have traveled during Christmas week previously, do you think we might be Ok with just making PSs the day before or day-of the meal? We aren't planning on any of the really hot spots for lunch or dinner.....thinking about Restaurant Marrakesh or Tempura Kiku, Yacht Club Galley, Mama Melrose's...

What do you think? Do I need to plan a bit more?
-HM

I can only say that fact is Christmas week is THE busiest time of the year at WDW. If you want to "wing it", I would suggest staying exclusively with counter restaurants except for the PS's you already made.

IMO, if you want a sit down restaurant every day, I'd make some more PS plans to be safe or be prepared to wait and/or be turned away. As a rule, resort non-character restaurants are the easist to get at the last minute.

This will be our third time going during that week. I have to admit, we had ps for at least one meal each day(usually breakfast and dinner). You can get same day ps at some places if not, the wait for walk-in is extensive, especially at the popular restaurants. You will do well at some of the resort restaurants and of course fast-food counters. This time, we only made PS for 3 dinners and one breakfast. We are on Club level and have breakfast included and light horsd'eurves in pm. I would be prepared to wait, or call and make a PS, you can always concel.
Connears

We have been to WDW over Christmas for the past 5 years. If you are lucky enough to get a table by walking in it will be at 4 PM or 10 PM for dinner. Don't kid yourself that you can get a sitdown meal in any of the parks without a PS.

Be proacvtive and make PS, you can always cancel you won't be sorry.
See you at WDW. Will be back 12/28- 1/2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter