Christmas With The Wickets - Pretrip to the Return 22/12/08 Plus Photos to 19/12/08

just read all your reports, sounds like youre having a good time.
glad everyones feeling much better now.
enjoy your day at MK.xx:goodvibes

Thanks Nicky, I am glad you have enjoyed reading them, I have enjoyed living them.

Today was lovely, hot and sunny. We headed to MK first and took in the major rides we enjoy. Crowd levels were pretty minimal and we didnt resort to fast passing till we had moved to Tomorrowland for Space. Most lines were 5 minutes at 9.30 ish, Space itself was just 20 minutes which is quite low for MK. We nipped into Cosmic Rays for a snack the youngest topped this up with a smoothie from close by which he enjoyed. We very much enjoyed this early visit to MK as it was easy to get on the rides we wanted and also easy to get around. We never enjoy MK on a night because of the crowd levels but first thing it is a lovely park. Before living the park we did a spot of shopping.

My eldest niece is very much into Bambi at the moment (I lent her my Bambi video) so I wanted to buy her a Bambi toy and at long last I found one, I had been looking all week but I dont think Bambi is in the top 20 at the moment. I also bought my youngest niece a flounder toy at it had such a nice sunny face which I thought my 1 year old niece would enjoy. My eldest also bought a Mickey Mouse santa hat, I would add to create a festive feeling I have been walking round any Disney park with my Minnie Mouse santa hat on.

We nipped over to Animal Kingdom to do the Dinosaur ride as it was a request of my eldest. We fast passed it and walked round the tiger section though not a tiger was in sight as they had all apparently fled when they heard a bell ringing, I presume it was a dinner time bell. This park was a touch busier as it as an EMH day so we just did Dinosaur, picked up an Xmas yeti toy, and left the park. The park was actually more sunnier than when we visited in July, at least, at this time of the year you dont see as much rain too.

We headed over to the Florida Mall and they went in Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch whilst I was let loose (I so love those Tracfones, means freedom from keeping together). I bought stuff from Penneys, Gap (especially for Nat and Nick), American Eagle and Old Navy and very much enjoyed myself as everything I bought was substantially reduced so I got a lot more for my money. We had some tea in the food court before leaving for Hollywood Studios.

All we wanted to do at Hollywood was view the Osbourne Lights and savour the atmosphere, see the lights dancing, feel the snow falling and listen to the festive music. We were not disappointed and spent about half an hour in this area just enjoying being a family at Christmas time in a fantastic place. I just love this place.

We eventually left for the Hard Rock, had a mini fashion show, bath, wine or two and chilled. The youngest is fast asleep, the eldest just watching tv as we are.

Cya tomorrow.

Bev x

Gap and Old navy will do me :thumbsup2 thanks hun

really enjoying reading your reports, i love dinosaur :)

I am glad you are enjoying them Nat.:goodvibes

Just about to get up and get started for the day. Just been in the lads room to retrieve my computer and they are snoring their heads off so I think we wont be dashing any where quick this morning.

No plans yet as to what to do, weather supposed to be lovely again. It is going to feel super cold when we come home, I think we will just hibernate.

Cya later.

Bev x

I am glad you are enjoying them Nat.:goodvibes

Just about to get up and get started for the day. Just been in the lads room to retrieve my computer and they are snoring their heads off so I think we wont be dashing any where quick this morning.

No plans yet as to what to do, weather supposed to be lovely again. It is going to feel super cold when we come home, I think we will just hibernate.

Cya later.

Bev x

Its actually a bit warmer here today, not warm enough though !!

Just catching up with your report. I'm glad you are feeling better now:goodvibes

Thanks.

We have had another lovely day, me and hubbie started it with breakfast outside listening to the water fountains. Then the 4 of us headed in to Islands. We did all the non water rides first and then as it was so hot nipped back to the hotel and changed into our water ride clothes..

We mistakenly thought that because it was so warm doing Popeye would be okay, however, the water was freezing cold and I was glad to get off it. We do the water rides a lot in the summer but I wouldn t recommend them at Islands even on a hot winters day like today. We did have fun though and you did nt feel cold when you came off the ride. We followed this by Dudley Do Right which was fun, we did get wet a little bit but the water didnt seem as cold. It wasnt the getting wet bit that bothered us, it was just the water temperature. Going for the hat trick we tackled River Adventure and then returned to the hotel for dry clothes.

We thought we would walk to Portofino Bay and buy a pizza in the deli. We had done this in the summer and it was really nice but after getting there we were disappointed to discover it was shut, even though it said open 11 till 11. We did see the Portofino Bay Christmas tree in the square near the marina which looked really good. We grabbed a water taxi back to Citywalk and thought we would give Pastamores another chance.

We have tried takeaway food here on a night twice before and it took ages to come but I mistakenly thought in the day with no lines it may have been different. They ordered pizza and I ordered lasagne. After a while their pizza was ready and they said mine dish would be out in a minute, well we waited and waited, I drunk my sangria, they ate their pizza and still it didnt appear. I didnt fancy eating by myself so sent the hubbie to cancel the order and to get the money back, they did apologise but really there was no excuse as they were serving no one else and they should not offer the meals if they can not produce them. Anyway he got his money back.

We headed into Universal, I got a sandwich from the bakery near the entrance and the hubbie a cheesecake whilst the lads went off and did MiB till we arrived. We then did Jaws and the Mummy before heading over to Islands to catch The Grinch Stole Christmas Show.

We very much enjoyed watching the show again and found the 5.30 performance again to be a walk in show rather than a line up show. I loved the snow at the end again.

We did Dr Doom and again I was flung out my seat much to their amusement before walking to the Royal Pacific to view their Christmas decorations. It had two beautiful golden Christmas trees.

We picked up a Christmas starbucks drink for the eldest tasted like apple crumble from Citywalk and then in the hotel bought the son an ice cream and toppings which we took back up to the room.

The hubbie crashed out so it looks like we are in for the night now.

Cya later.

Bev x

Morning

I wish I could bring the Hard Rock bed back home with me it is so comfortable.

We just watched films last night in the room, end of the last Harry Potter and I am Legend. I snoozed off during I am Legend though.

Today I think we are going to Epcot and I know we have to go to the Mall of Millenia to pick a hoodie up for the eldestś boss from the Abercrombie shop. She had asked if he would mind getting her one and if he knew where the Abercrombie shop was. He struggled to keep a straight face as he lives in Abercrombie clothes, his mates ask him if he is feeling okay if he isnt wearing them.

Weather supposed to be lovely again, up north they have had very heavy snow, been -40 on some days. No wonder they come down to Florida for the winter.

Anyway going to start moving now,

cya later

Bev x

Just had a lovely morning down at Epcot, the weather glorious, we have been in shorts and teeshirts all day and right in to the night for most of the holiday which is class for December.

We fast passed Soarin, then did all the rides in that area most were a walk on or minimal wait which was nt bad as I think it was an EMH morning today. The eldest son was feeling a bit iffy which he thinks may have been that very sweet apple crumble flavoured coffee he had last night. He thought he was going to be sick in the night and felt weak as we walked round the Future world part of Epcot, all he wanted to do was have a rest.

We thought we would do Test Track then leave the park but it was down and I think had been for quite a while as the fast passes were for returns in the afternoon. We just went back to the hotel.

The eldest had a nap whilst we went into Universal for lunch and to do a few rides. Now back in the room whilst the eldest is getting ready then nipping to the Mall for the last time. I always feel I am on a Mall Sweep before I get the phone call to say they have finished. I know I am after some more pearls that are on offer in Macys, bought a blue set and a brown set through the holiday, $18 instead of $60 which seems a good buy. Gap have long legged slippers on offer so I may pick a pair of them up, $10, they had jumpers on offer prior to this. Everywhere seems to be having sales before Christmas.

I love it here, shame the holiday has to come to an end but feel so lucky to be able to be here.

Bev x

Thanks Nat.

To finish yesterday off, we nipped over to the Mall of Millenia and had another shopping trip, I bought stuff from Macys, Gap, Abercrombie. Gap have these lovely pj bottoms and teeshirt longsleeved tops that are so comfortable for lazing round after a bath in, I couldnt resist buying another set when we were there as they were on offer, $17 for the set instead of about $40 or something.

We went back to the Hard Rock and the hubbie discovered one of his teeshirts had been labelled up with the wrong size so he had to take it back. Me and the lads just headed into Universal and did some rides. The eldest was after so chips from Nathans but it had closed for the day. The hubbie caught us up and did the last ride of the day with us Shrek.

We then went back to the hotel with the intentions of going out and playing mini golf but the youngest was feeling tired so we decided to chill. The hubbie and the eldest went out to our nearest Chipolte and bought tea in with them, which was delicious. Then it was another early bed time ready for the final day today.

I have had another good sleep though someone was ringing our tracfone at midnight twice, kept saying ignore call as it wasnt anyone we knew. Last time we answered one of these calls it was someone speaking in French.

Anyway up now at 7, going to have a bath then tackle the packing. We will be checking in at Downtown Disney then coming back to the hotel for breakfast before going to Islands I think.

Cya later.

Bev x

Have a great last day Bev, and safe journey home to you all, speak to you later:goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks Sue.:goodvibes

I got a bit stressful doing the packing as we seem to have bought quite a lot of things, we didnt bring that much with us because we knew we would be a suitcase down. So we eventually got down to Downtown Disney and checked in, getting seats right up front and 4 together. We also were informed that the flight was delayed and to ring to a number later.

We had lunch in the Earl of Sandwich which is now a favourite after trying it for the first time this holiday. I love reading other trip reports because you pick up hints.

We then went back to Universal and did Islands and Universal, at Universal we also caught the Macys Parade. When we had had our fill we went back to the car and rang Virgin to find out about our flights.

We had hit the bonus holiday as our flight was delayed until 7 pm Sunday at whole day later. I knew Virgin would look after us and we had arranged for an extra day for the car already so that was sorted but it took the hubbie a little while to get adjusted. However, I was thinking way hey another day for free in Orlando give it to me.

Anyway we were told everything would be sorted at the airport so we thought it would be a good idea to get to the airport and do that. We were given vouchers for meals and a night in a couple of rooms at the Hyatt which is the hotel in the centre of the airport. So here I am now at 22.30 sitting facing the Christmas tree with the Hyatt surrounding me, blogging to you. We have been blessed with another day at Orlando which cannot be knocked, having the car booked out already for another day has proved a God send so we can escape to Disney for the day tomorrow instead of hanging around the airport. I only do feel a bit of regret for the poor people at Manchester if they didnt make it out of the airport at the start of their holiday.

We have had a lovely meal at the Hyatt and left the lads up in their room whilst I emailed home and updated you. We will be off to bed soon as every where is shutting up.

Cya later.

bev xxxx

Just got back up to room and discovered the wireless internet access is free. the room is lovely and has a balcony that looks out on to the main concourse which has a huge Christmas tree in it. the lads are ready for bed in their room and we are just going to have a bath.

we have the alarms set for 7 so we can have breakfast in the hotel before nipping down to Hollywood Studios for the day. Just hoping the plane goes on time tomorrow because the car has to be back by 3.30 pm then it will be boring just hanging around the airport.

the plane was delayed today through technical difficulties.

Day 11 21st December 2008

Thanks Nat, I was chuffed flight late but initially hubbie was worried about where to leave the car at the airport and where we were going to stay but through reading trip reports I knew Virgin had used Hyatt in the past so I was confident we would be sleeping there. He is now quite chuffed to have an extra day, work is okay as he is on holiday till after over Christmas.

There have been quite a lot of flight delays yesterday and today due to bad weather up north. We were told our plane had technical difficulties. We left on the VS75 and choose a later return flight of the VS74 which only works on a Saturday and Sunday in non peak. I suspect it has had problems where it was coming from or it may be it was broken.

Anyway up early, 6 am, as the airport is up and running and we can hear the bustle (not that noisy though) so decided to get on the computer and in the bath before we go down for breakfast at 7 am.

We are planning to go to Hollywood Studios today and come home.

Cya

Bev x

Hope you are having a lovely bonus day, have a safe trip home :cool1:

Great trip report :goodvibes thanks so much for sharing :thumbsup2
Hope you all enjoyed your bonus day :goodvibes have a safe trip home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter