Christmastime at DLP and Paris

hopemax

Note to Self:
We will be in Paris Dec 3 (early)-Dec 6 and staying at Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest room Dec 7- Dec 10, departing on Dec 11. This is a bucket list trip for my Dad. My parents had two big hobbies decorating for holidays like Christmas and Halloween, and Disney. We got my Dad to experience Christmas at Disney in Tokyo in 2018, pandemic put a hold on our plans for Paris, but now we're doing it. This is the first trip for all of us, although I expect DH and I will be back to do Paris more properly in the future.

I am looking for suggestions on what Christmas activities we should not miss both in Paris and what might be happening at DLP. I know all the big department stores have displays, the Christmas markets, but I don't know which ones are the best to prioritize if our stamina starts to wane (my Dad is in good shape, but he is 76). Also, where to look for the best treats & eats, light displays, etc. Are the holiday cruises or bus tours worth it? We're trying not to overload ourselves with museums and such (Eiffel Tower, Louvre and a day at Versailles are on the list) so we can explore and eat. What kinds of things does DLP do in terms of holiday dining & treats, events outside of the parade, stage show and the nighttime show (or was that 2022 only)? Do all the hotels have interesting displays, so we should try to visit each?

Thanks!

I think the main advice is to be prepared for any kind of weather. It can be cold, dry, rainy, windy, or just nice for the time of year. It really can go all ways.

Also keep in mind daylight will be short this time of year. Roughly 8.30am to 5pm.

There will be Christmas decorations in the Parks, seasonal snacks, characters in Christmas outfits, a Christmas parade, a carolling show, and a special show before the fireworks. Oh and some food stalls. Usually food from different regions of France, mulled wine, etc.

Another thing, Disneyland Paris has hotels, not resorts. There is usually some attention in how the lobby's are decorated for the seasons, but not in the same way as the US resorts. I would never go out of my way to look at decor at resorts, but that’s me. If you are interested, let it depend on the weather. If you are walking outside and it's cold and miserable, better to do something inside.

Keep an eye on Facebook for ED92, Pixiedust.be and DLP Reports, they will be the first to post exactly what is going on where.

Holidays are a great time for DLP, the seasonal shows and entertainment are really good. Or should I said used to be? The head of entertainment has been moved (promoted?) from DLP to WDW, maybe his touch will still be felt this year, but Halloween has been a bit underwhelming, I hope it's not a sign of what's to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter