Cirque du Soleil

ILUVDXL

<font color=teal>What makes you think there is onl
I've always wanted to do this but DH is bitterly against anything that even suggests a circus. Last October we saw Tarzan Rocks for thr first time and he was very impressed. Now I'm thinking is Cirque du Soleil that much different? We are returning again this October and was thinking of just going ahead and ordering tickets and "surprising" him when we get there. (can't do anything about it once they're paid for, right?) So with that in mind, I need some feedback from people who have been and what they thought of it. I understand it's a bhit pricey, but is it worth it? How often are the shows? How long are they? Any info will be helpful in making up my mind whether do do this or not.

I have seen all the shows on television, and even rented one or two in the past, but when I first saw it in person I was thrilled. Awestruck. Blown Away. Nothing like seeing it live. I will be going again this visit, even though it's the same show. Enough said?

Not as Lean
Not as Mean
But still a Marine

First of all, tell him the truth... The only thing in common that Cirque has in common with a "circus" is the name. The show lasts 90 minutes with about a 10 minute "pre-show". My standard "Will they like it?... Is it worth the money?" advice is...

Go out and rent or buy a copy of one of these Cirque shows: Quidam, Dralion, or Saltimbanco. Show it to your loved ones and get their reaction. If it's anything above "I can take it or leave it", then go to La Nouba.

men can be so stubborn, just surprise him! From what I've heard it's incredible. I just can't imagine paying the ticket price. If my husband surprised me, I'd love it but I personally wouldn't dish out the cash like that for our whole family no matter what the show was. Of course I'm the saver in the family and my dh is the spender. He convinced me that we could go to Hawaii on our honeymoon and pay for it with the cash gifts from his side of the family. I was a bit skeptical since we didn't have the cash in hand but it was a totally perfect honeymoon and he was right on all counts.

Cirque is AWESOME, end of story. They look cool on TV, but it just isn't the same as seeing it live. It is nothing like the old Ringling Brothers show...doesn't even come close to comparing.

I've seen La Nouba twice and I saw Dralion when it came through St. Louis last year. I would go to La Nouba every trip to WDW, if I could. ::yes::

You can get Category II tickets, that are a little cheaper, and still have a great view. It's better to be a little farther back from the stage, since there's so much to see and watch at once.

Go for it! You won't be disappointed. :)

Poohbear

I haven't seen La Nouba yet, but I saw Mystere in Las Vegas and was blown away. So was my BF, who was a little weary but somewhat curious about it. I'd definitely be in the camp that says it's not a circus a la Ringling Brothers. It feels a lot more clever and the costumes and makeup are amazing. Then, when you add in the amazing acrobatics that they make look effortless, it's just about mind-blowing.

On the issue of surprising him, I'd do it if you think he'd like it and is just being stubborn, but otherwise I'd stick to trying to convince him it's something that will make you deliriously happy. :)

We saw La Nouba last Wednesday evening. It was the highlight of our trip. We were awestruck thoughout the entire performance. You'll not see anything like it anywhere. Go,
surprise him, he won't be disappointed!

Party Teacher

I agree that it is pretty awesome. Nothing like a circus at all. I would also agree that the cheaper tickets are probably the better way to go. That way you can see the whole stage. It's really quite unique. I was so impressed and shocked to see that the music was all performed live as well, so it was like a concert and a show at once.

We are planning to go back again in a few years (much too expensive to go everytrip). We really enjoyed it and this was a family of 4 guys and 1 gal.

RyMickey

Cirque is like a "circus" the way ballet is like a square dance. Technically, they could be considered the same thing, but in reality, they are nothinng at all a like!

If you get A&E on cable, they run the cirque shows on a semi-regular basis. Watch that, or rent it on tape if you can find it.

I wouldn't surprise him with it though. Some people truely don't get it, and if he is one of them, he'll have a rotten time and then he'll be upset with you, and you'll be out the cost of his ticket.

If he doesn't want to go, maybe you could go by yourself for a mantinee, and he could play a round of golf or do something else that you're not interested in doing.

If DH doesn't like circuses because of an animal issue, you can assure him that these circuses are animal-free! That is why DH and I will be there. We are against traditional circuses, but Cirque is completely different. I like the suggestion to rent the videos and see what he thinks.

To answer your other question the Shows are Tuesday- Saturday (no shows Sun and Mon) at 6pm and 9pm. You did not state when in October you were going to be there, but the artists have a long weekend in October so in addition to no Sunday and Monday shows they are also off Tuesday October 19 and Wednesday October 20.

The show is about 1 hour and 40 minutes (and has about a 10 minute pre-show).

I too was skeptical of Cirque when it first came out and could not see paying that much money for a show, but I was able to see La Nouba for free and since then Hubby and I have seen La Nouba about 7 times, Alegria twice, Quidam twice (with tickets to another show in May) "O" once, Mystere once, Dralion once and Varekai three times. We are total Cirque fans now and would highly recommend the show to anyone and everyone. I have taken my parents, my sister and brother in law, I love to bring new people to the expereince. I agree however that watching it on TV does not do it justice...the shows are so much better live. You really do leave there thinking "How did they do that". We describe it to people as an acrobatic circus... there are no animals just amazinly talented people doing things you never thought possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter