City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Finally getting a chance to check in here. Too bad it takes a day off work to get the time. Since I don't see you on FB, I DID get into the Nursing Program this Fall, so that'll put off a trip for at least another couple years, but hey! I get to take a virtual trip every so often through all my wonderful DisFriends- blurry pix or not! :)

And the stories keep my coming back (wish it was more often!) for more. I mean who could make up tales of adults honking bus horns?! :trots off to jot this idea down in "Next Trip Shenanigans Plans":

Congrats on getting into the nursing program! That's an awesome accomplishment. I heard its your birthday too so Happy Birthday!!

Jill in CO

I love that the timing worked out right for Wishes!

Photographer fail on the settings though, see there is a reason I don't attempt fireworks shots!

:rotfl2:

3 all you can eats in 3 days

YIKES!

That bus ride. Wow.

I don't know if I posted or not but I am sorry about Aulani and DL. Life can be darn annoying that way. HH is a pretty darn fabulous alternative. Spreadsheeted is most certainly a word. VGC is a pretty interesting dynamic at the 7m. Some months are fine and other times....forget about it! The nice thing is that offsite really is close by and while, no, it's not the same, it is bearable.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the view of the light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, unless you still have another 25 or 30 updates planned, it is probably an exercise in futility at this point......... :rolleyes2

Well, I'm running out of trip to report on, so looks like he has a comfortable lead on you. :rolleyes:

I don't know about that, but I will try to be around to give it a shot........ :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

:wave: Checking in here.

Thank you. :wave2:

Those bungalows will be by sunset pointe. In front of the Castle and left. Not sure how much of the pointe will be gone or how the view of the castle from beach may change. It is rather ugly as of Jan.
I think tikiman has some recent pictures.

Interesting. I don't think they'll affect the view from the beach where we were in the last chapter, over by the Luau, but they very well might affect the rest of the resort.

Finally getting a chance to check in here. Too bad it takes a day off work to get the time.

Tell me about it!

Since I don't see you on FB, I DID get into the Nursing Program this Fall, so that'll put off a trip for at least another couple years, but hey! I get to take a virtual trip every so often through all my wonderful DisFriends- blurry pix or not! :)

Yeah, I'm one of the last holdouts to join Facebook. There are some advantages to not being on! I am on Instagram though, if you're on there, username of glennbo123 oddly enough.

That's awesome that you're in the Nursing Program! I'm proud of you. :thumbsup2 Absolutely what you should be doing. Trips will come when the time is right. My TR trip is going on two years old! So yeah, I'm getting the itch to go back. Hopefully, Hilton Head will scratch that somewhat but I doubt it! It'll be great anyway, I know.

And the stories keep my coming back (wish it was more often!) for more. I mean who could make up tales of adults honking bus horns?! :trots off to jot this idea down in "Next Trip Shenanigans Plans":

It is not hard for me to believe that you have a notebook with just such a title. :laughing:

Congrats on getting into the nursing program! That's an awesome accomplishment. I heard its your birthday too so Happy Birthday!!

Jill in CO

It's great to see her popping her head in here. I was beginning to wonder if she'd forgotten us. ;)

I love that the timing worked out right for Wishes!

It was perfect. :thumbsup2

Photographer fail on the settings though, see there is a reason I don't attempt fireworks shots!

The worst thing was that it was 2 nights in a row. :sad2: I know what settings I want to adjust for the fireworks, but then we get in a hurry right afterwards and I put the camera away without changing everything back. Then, when a photo opportunity comes along moments later...fail.

3 all you can eats in 3 days

YIKES!

Less than optimal. Unless you're trying to see how far you can stretch your stomach.

That bus ride. Wow.

Verrrry memorable. Crazy really.

I don't know if I posted or not but I am sorry about Aulani and DL. Life can be darn annoying that way. HH is a pretty darn fabulous alternative.

Yeah, it's tough to read such great trip reports such as yours and Captain_Olivious', but I just have to wait until the time is right, like I just mentioned to Liesa a few comments above! I'm ready for Hilton Head -- I reaaaaally need a vacation.

Spreadsheeted is most certainly a word.

I knew you wouldn't disagree! You're the master! ::surfweb: teacher:

VGC is a pretty interesting dynamic at the 7m. Some months are fine and other times....forget about it! The nice thing is that offsite really is close by and while, no, it's not the same, it is bearable.

It's almost tempting to buy a few points just for the booking privilege, but they're pretty pricey and we wouldn't get out there very often so it doesn't really make sense. The offsite will have to be my fallback.

Just checking in....I may have been given the green light to start posting again.......:thumbsup2

Jordan! That's great! Looking forward to seeing you on here a little more, when you can. Although I know we all appreciate the occasional "peep" if that's all we can get. :goodvibes How're Wendy, Derek, and the kiddoes?

Oh. My. Heck!!! Hi Jordy!!! I've come back as a new name....(All7OfUs)

<in Heimlich voice> I'm a beautiful butterfly!!! :butterfly

Happy Mother's Day to Judy!

Thank you GoofyFan!! I think it was a good day for her, we went out for Indian food, but then she had to work on schoolwork prep for a few hours. :) / :headache:

Well I had to dig you out of the dungeon!!! Can't give goofy Marv the excuse he couldn't find the thread . You should check out my new TR, also the other 2 reports I have going , you boys have been missed !!!!

Claim your rifghtful spot!

Yes, such a relaxing place to watch them. Aaaahhh. Hopefully nobody goes out and publicizes it too much in trip reports and such. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where the bungalows will be exactly. Will they be over near the Spirit of Aloha area?

The swing was the existing one set with a view in front of the castle.
The bungalows are out there in the water. TOTAL BLOCKAGE from the Hawaii building.

The tiny light in between the first and second building IS THE CASTLE!!

Another one, standing more to the the right. Almost where the path by the pool comes out.

Just checking in....I may have been given the green light to start posting again.......:thumbsup2

:wave: Great to "see" you.

Enjoyed your update about the fireworks and your entertaining bus ride.

I have only seen the MK fireworks twice- we did the Wishes dessert party last year and I watched Nightastic (solo) from the Poly beach. I really loved that experience- being at the beach, low crowds, seeing the fireworks over the castle.

You don't always expect stories to come from a bus ride, but you had a couple of good ones.

Well I had to dig you out of the dungeon!!! Can't give goofy Marv the excuse he couldn't find the thread . You should check out my new TR, also the other 2 reports I have going , you boys have been missed !!!!

Where is Glenn ????? I bet he doesn't know I started another TR !!! Link in siggie !!!

My word, how can I keep up with that many reports?! :confused3 :rotfl2:

Okay, I'll check 'em out when I get a chance. :goodvibes

The swing was the existing one set with a view in front of the castle.
The bungalows are out there in the water. TOTAL BLOCKAGE from the Hawaii building.

The tiny light in between the first and second building IS THE CASTLE!!

Another one, standing more to the the right. Almost where the path by the pool comes out.

Thanks for the pictures Pat! In just about every sense, the words "total blockage" are usually not good, and that is the case here. Bummer. I guess it'll make those bungalows highly sought after.

Enjoyed your update about the fireworks and your entertaining bus ride.

Thank you Dee.

I have only seen the MK fireworks twice- we did the Wishes dessert party last year and I watched Nightastic (solo) from the Poly beach. I really loved that experience- being at the beach, low crowds, seeing the fireworks over the castle.

I've only seen them twice at MK itself among our more recent trips (2009-on), and I don't remember seeing them during earlier trips. So, with the Poly beach included, my number'd be 3. They are nice from the beach, but there is something about being right there under them in the park.

You don't always expect stories to come from a bus ride, but you had a couple of good ones.

Bus ride stories are quite often not good. Like horror stories about hours-long rides and such. Occasionally, you get the cute kid story or....the crazy bus driver story. :laughing:

I'll join in on the Oh.My.Heck!! HEY Liesa :)

I think this is your first post here on the thread, so :welcome: shannn!

Good thing Rosie dug you up out of the dungeon, cuz I totally missed your last update! :flower3: Wow, after 3 AYCE dinners in a row, it's a wonder you weren't in a coma! :rotfl2: It's great that you timed the fireworks from the beach just right and redeemed yourself! ;) Love the pics!

I have to dig Marv and Glenn out of the dungeon a lot lately!!! They could well miss another Rosie Torpedoing or Lap sitting !!:rotfl2:

Boy Glenn! This is the trip report that keeps on giving. I think my daughter was a Freshman in college when you started and she graduated last weekend. Anyway, thanks for not leaving us hanging and glad wishes on the beach worked out. Enjoy HHI. We were there in March and had a great time. I have no desire to go to Hawaii of the west due to hating wasting all that time on the plane. Hawaii of the east is great as I get to the beach much sooner. Have a great trip!

Mary Kay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter