Clark Griswald's Westward HO!-Day 2/Part Deux

goofyme

Mouseketeer
CHARACTERS:
Clark:mild-mannered, bubbling no-it-all, means well, has not grown up yet, not an English major(sorry for grammer)(just kidding)(enuf with the parenthesis), disney commano attitude
Ellen:stablizing force in house, supportive wife, keeps Clark from goofing up to badly does everything for 4 kids(3 children + 1 Clark)
Rusty1:just turned nine, Clark caused permenant damaged when convinced him and ellen to ride TOT when he was four, full of life
Audrey: 7 year old daddy's girl, got me by a string, too smart, knows daddy's tricks
Rusty2: 5 year old impetious little boy, if he was the first child he would've been the only child, gives best hugs and smiles, curly headed and hates it
Aunt Edna: did not join us this time around, we will strap her on the plane in effigy (heck, willl strap her on right on main st. usa)

Day 2/part2

I am amazed at the traffic on a saturday going to L.A..it is fun to see the ocean when you haven't seen it in awhile...of course ellen made me stop after the 10th time i said, "see, the pacific ocean kids.." we arrive in anaheim and we finally get a glimpse of the parks. it is amazing how much landscaping/theming has been done to the resort itself since I was here in '85 for the Rose bowl parade(and we marched at Disneyland).....security was pretty thorough but we got thru. as the kids shopped, i checked us in...the lady was nice enuf and then disappeared for about 10 minutes. i kept thinking, maybe she went to the bathroom. then again, maybe they have called the cops because the have finally caught up with me(ok, so i got my oldest some big soled shoes and got him on space mtn. at WDW a few years back when he really wasn't tall enough, who hasn't). she gets back and my room will be ready in 10 minutes.

we explore around and the pictures i have seen really don't do justice to how nice this place is. finally get our key and head to the room...does everyone else make a big production when entering the room like I do....so i get the orchestra jazzed up, the trumpets blare, i pull in and out my card (quickly of course)(this does lose some of its drama when not using a real key), the green lite glows, and we open the door to...................................................................................................................another set of doors....................so then i have to do the whole thing again.....open the doors, and a cool looking hotel room appears.....large bath, nicely appointed wallpaper(always wanted to say that), comfy beds, and the curtains are closed.. this leads me to dramatically open the curtains, and there is a great view of the Disneyland Resort.. as I patted myself on the back(i'm very flexible you know), i asked ellen if I had done a great job or what?(kinda of like Marlin does in Finding Nemo about the great anomone(sp?) he has found. she admits that i have and Clark cries like a baby seeing how excited his kids are.(did i just go to third person?)....

a few things about this room......what is the deal with the balcony that has yet to be? it's like it wanted to be a balcony, but mama hotel didn't let it...it sticks out like 4 inches and then there is a railing. i hope someone else has attempted this also, but i tried for some stupid reason to close the sliding glass doors behind me..it no works, mon. the pillows on the bed are like 2/3 rd the size of a normal pillow(see comments about pillows in previous threads)...pillows are kinda of like bread..you don't make a loaf of bread so short that once you cut off the ends you don't have much "good part" of the bread...pillows are the same, once i get my big head on these pillows, the ends are are bothering my ears. finally, a tray of mouth-watering strawberries dipped in chocolate were setting(someone please tell me if it is setting or sitting????) on a tray with a mickey ballon above...i couldn't believe they would do this for us, the Griswald's. i opened the card attached and it read, "happy birthday, mark"...i'm not mark, my kids aren't mark, my wife and daughter ain't mark, and it certainly wasn't our birthday, but they did give us these chocolates. hhhuuummmmmm??? what to do, what to do....so being the nice (stupid!) guy i am, i called the front desk hoping they would just say,,"go ahead a eat them".....they came and got them...yyyuucckkkk...second hand treats..

we hurriedly got dressed to conqueur C.A. the view of the parks from our balcony was really cool...better than i could have imagined....as we strolled about 10 minutes thru downtown disney, which is really cool, i prepared myself not to be dissapointed in C.A. from what some have said about this park..as we whip out our tickets..........................................

So far, so good.
Ok...now tell us what you think of DCA. Isn't DTD cool?
Thanks for the report, Clark:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter