Clean Slate - What Would You Do?

We are selling our PVB contract due to our concerns over the new tower just adding too many guests to the transportation system and our absolute desire for more space. The Poly already felt a bit overwhelmed in August, especially at the bus stop in the morning, Capt. Cook's, the beach during HEA, and the Lava pool.

We decided to buy 150 direct at OKW today with the the intention of adding on another 100+ contract resale after we close the sale on the PVB contract. We chose to do Magical Beginnings for the 2023 points and now we need to decide what to do with the 2024 points. We had to act relatively fast to get the add-on benefit before our PVB sale closed and thus not eligible to add-on. Our 2024 trip is already taken care of from our 2024 PVB contract points. We may travel in 2025 for a couple of nights before our Disney cruise and then we want to do a week plus in a larger room or a couple of rooms and invite friends. If we travel prior to August 1st in 2026 (likely June or July), is it best to bank the 2024 points and then use those points and the 2025 points for the 2026 trip that occurs prior to August 1st? Or am I playing with fire if the trip gets cancelled for some reason?

The end result is we will end up with more points than our Poly contract, direct benefits to all resorts rather than 14 and possibly just 8-9 in 2042, and two contracts at 150 points or less rather than a 220 point contract.

We fell in love with SSR in February; beautiful grounds, great pools, and the busses are not as bad as many believe. So that is one resort we will strongly consider for our resale contract. It seems like we have more resale resorts we won't consider, mainly because of their expiry date or the restrictions. But we have time to practice patience with the resale contract.
Am I missing something? I don’t see why it would be an issue to bank the 2024 points for use prior to Aug 2026? What else are you going to do with the 2024 points unless you think theres a chance you may go on another 2024 UY trip? If the trip in 2026 gets cancelled then rent out the points if possible.

Am I missing something? I don’t see why it would be an issue to bank the 2024 points for use prior to Aug 2026? What else are you going to do with the 2024 points unless you think theres a chance you may go on another 2024 UY trip? If the trip in 2026 gets cancelled then rent out the points if possible.
My only concern would be if the May-June 2026 trip got cancelled late, would the banked points then go into holding with the possibility of being lost. We normally used or borrowed points, rather than banking.

My recommendation is if you're not even considering a trip until 2026 to just hold off on purchasing a little longer... The incentives aren't spectacular right now, and 2042 resales will likely be lower late this year/early next year when they have one less year of points and a fresh round of MFs due...

My only concern would be if the May-June 2026 trip got cancelled late, would the banked points then go into holding with the possibility of being lost. We normally used or borrowed points, rather than banking.
I just don’t really see what your other option is unless you’re planning to pay cash? The points would only go into holding if you cancelled less than 31 days out which would happen regardless of if the points are banked, borrowed or in their appropriate use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter