CLEAR wristbands at LAX

trixie08

Earning My Ears
Has anyone gone through the Delta or United CLEAR wristband process at the LAX gate? I have heard it can be time-consuming, and to bake that time into making flight connections. Looking at flights with 2 hr layover but concerned the CLEAR wristband process, added to grabbing a family lunch at LAX, will be tight or not even doable. Also, have the QR code check lines at HNL or OGG been long? I have been hearing on podcasts that it is. TIA.

It would probably be tight in 2 hours if you're eating a long meal, but easy if you grab something fast from a food court.

I advise getting the wristbands on your last leg & getting something quick to eat. The lines at Honolulu International Airport to have your QR code scanned can take 3 hours depending how many non-wristband planes are arriving at the same time as your flight. As long as you have done your testing at an approved site, uploaded it to the Hawaii Safe Travels site & answered the questionnaire, getting your wristband shouldn't take too long. The long waits have been because people haven't done all the proper steps to get their QR code. I've heard the United gate workers tell passengers that the plane will wait for them to get their wristband but I don't know if that's true at every single airport. The wristband counter was set up right next to our departure gate & took me about 5 minutes with all my ducks in a row. The United agent who gave me my wristband thanked me profusely for having all my paperwork in order because I know at least 3 groups in front of me had people who had to leave the line without a wristband & return to try again later. I also needed to show my ID & my boarding pass to get my wristband.

I advise getting the wristbands on your last leg & getting something quick to eat. The lines at Honolulu International Airport to have your QR code scanned can take 3 hours depending how many non-wristband planes are arriving at the same time as your flight. As long as you have done your testing at an approved site, uploaded it to the Hawaii Safe Travels site & answered the questionnaire, getting your wristband shouldn't take too long. The long waits have been because people haven't done all the proper steps to get their QR code. I've heard the United gate workers tell passengers that the plane will wait for them to get their wristband but I don't know if that's true at every single airport. The wristband counter was set up right next to our departure gate & took me about 5 minutes with all my ducks in a row. The United agent who gave me my wristband thanked me profusely for having all my paperwork in order because I know at least 3 groups in front of me had people who had to leave the line without a wristband & return to try again later. I also needed to show my ID & my boarding pass to get my wristband.
Thanks for the details. Much appreciated. Hopefully all of this will be irrelevant soon with new entry and vaccine waiver changes possible July 4. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter