Close Encounters of the SQUIRREL! Kind. A Farewell to Wishes Solo Trip Mar 2017 - 10/25 New PTR!

I'm hoping Disney doesn't announce a bunch of new things that will make me want me to rearrange my plans a hundred times. :rotfl2:

Oh, you know they will!! In fact, they've already got me with the announcements of the New Year's Eve parties at the Contemporary!!! I haven't pulled the trigger yet though because they're $175, $250 and $450 per person respectively.....yikes.

We definitely need to meet up this trip! We need a redo of last time since we didn't get a photo.

Yes, ma'am!!! We'll definitely meet up! :) and this time we'll get the picture!!!!

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20170319_399234533231_zpsragx6fh5.jpeg

FIERCE!

FRIENDLY :)

Oh man so sorry to hear about Eddie. It is never easy to lose a pet, 16 years is a good life for a dog. Our last dog only lived 10 and it was without any warnings.

Yay on the ADRs! The only one I didn't get was also the RoL dining package but I booked a placeholder for that right now.

Great visit with Big Al! I love that bear.

That is a great score and ride photo despite not being galactic hero. I always try so hard but never can get galactic hero.

Thanks. It's definitely hard to go through losing a pet.

I'm stalking those ROL reservations! I've read that they've been selling out fast so I'm hoping to get one.

I want to be Galactic Hero every time but I know it's not possible. I don't think all of the guns on that ride work very well anymore.

I'm so sorry about your little guy, I know how hard it is to lose a furbaby. My kitty (In my avatar) had to be put down back in 2014 at age 16 and I still miss him.

Nice update, Great score on the Rose cup! Love BOG, I have only been there for dinner, but I would like to try breakfast and lunch too. That Rose Gallery is a pretty room, I love that music box/statue.

It is very hard but it was definitely time, poor guy was not doing well at all.

I've done dinner several times and liked it. I was not impressed the one time I did breakfast. Lunch is definitely my favorite meal there.

I'm so sorry to hear about Eddie :( Hugs to you.

Glad you were able to get all your ADRs! I'm sure the ROL package will open eventually, I know the packages for that are released so slowly.

So cool that you were able to watch 2 different kinds of entertainment while waiting for Stitch!

Sounds like you were getting a lot done between FPs and standby lines!

Thanks, I miss the little bugger but definitely not the messes he made!

I've read that they are released about 3 months out but I am stalking everyday because they go fast.

I did get a lot done that afternoon but wait till you see my evening!

I've been enjoying your trip report! I just read it all the way through.
I can't believe you threw a squirrel! :scared1:

Your TR is the first I've read about the Easter egg hunt in Epcot. That sounds like something I'd enjoy doing.

So sorry to hear about all the dog health problems and the loss of Eddie. :sad1: I have two dogs. Neither are schnauzers. :rotfl:The prior neighbors had a schnauzer. I referred to him as The Grouchy Schnauzer because he was always coming up to our fence and grumbling and carrying on. They moved and the new neighbors have a pit bull who likes to instigate barking fests. :sad2:

My next two Disney trips are solo, and I'm getting more excited after I read solo trip reports. It's not my first solo trip and will likely not be the last, either!

I was going to highly suggest to you to sign up for the Disney Virtual Shorts series since you are doing the 5k in January and you are a huge Pluto fan, but judging from your shirt, you are already signed up!

Thanks for joining in, I'm glad you are enjoying the TR.

Yep, I threw a squirrel! I was not letting him get my fish and chips.

The Easter Egg hunt was so much fun. I'm trying to figure out how I can get back next year to do it again!

My dogs definitely do the whole barking at the neighbor dogs thing. We have four on one side of us and one on the other. One of Eddie's nicknames was Grumpy Old Man because he always growled and fussed when you picked him up. He was all talk though and never ever snapped at anyone.

I did sign up for the Virtual Shorts. I counted the July race as my 2nd Pluto race. The race was a small local one without participation medals so I used the Pluto one for that race. I've got my third one scheduled for August 12th at a similar small race.

I'm so sorry about Eddie :hug:

If you hadn't said this I wouldn't have thought of it... We mean to go back at the end of January and I wouldn't have thought about ADR day until well into our window, because I'm focused on our big trip this September.

These are so hard, because you can't explain why you're doing this.

I love photos like these :)

What is wrong with people? Jeesh.

Enjoying following along. I love the secret rose cup handoff :laughing: And what FP luck!

I'm thinking about doing the Express transportation this Fall, if it's still a thing. I need to double check pricing and add it to the budget.

Thanks, I miss my little man.

Glad I could help you out with your January trip!

It was a really rough 10 weeks that's for sure! She's perfectly fine now and runs around the house like a maniac.

I really need to print and frame that photo of the four of them. It's almost impossible to catch all four of them together.

People can be so rude sometimes! I was so grossed out by that whole experience.

I felt like I was in a spy movie with the whole rose cup thing!

I have been enjoying your trip report. I'm sorry to hear about Eddie.

Thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying the report.

YES!!! I'm not entirely sure of our dates yet, but I'm thinking there's probably a 95% chance of an overlap. I'll keep you posted! :thumbsup2

I am so incredibly sorry :hug: Pets are dear, sweet members of our family and their loss is felt very deeply. Sending hugs.

Wooho!!!

Go you!!! :thumbsup2

Very unreasonable CM by the sounds of it ;)

Yes!!! This is my favorite spot, too :goodvibes

Excellent use of your paper FP! Although I can't say I know who Elena is either :confused3 I'm not very "with it" for newish Disney characters though :sad2:

I cannot believe this happened! I'm just baffled. :sad2:

One of my favorite ways to relax at Disney :thumbsup2

Definitely let me know what your dates are so we can plan a meet!

Thanks, I miss the little guy although it's a relief to not have so many messes to clean up.

That CM was so mean, not letting me take Stitch home. :rotfl:

Do you have the Thomas Kincade print of the castle from that angle? I do and love it!

Elena is some character from the Disney Channel. All of my cousin's kids are into her or I wouldn't have even known that.

Wait till you see my FP usage the rest of the day!

I'm so sorry to hear about Eddie. :worried:

It comes across in your TRs how much you love your doggies. He was lucky to have you.

Thank you, it was not an easy thing at all.

Oh, you know they will!! In fact, they've already got me with the announcements of the New Year's Eve parties at the Contemporary!!! I haven't pulled the trigger yet though because they're $175, $250 and $450 per person respectively.....yikes.

Yes, ma'am!!! We'll definitely meet up! :) and this time we'll get the picture!!!!

FIERCE!

FRIENDLY :)

I'm kind of glad we aren't going to be there for New Year's with the crowds and the extra party temptations! I did want to come earlier but Jim can't with his work schedule.

Ha! Guess I did have a few different emotions going there in the ride photos.

A Plethora of Fast Passes Part 1

My last pre-scheduled FP was for Haunted Mansion and it started at 5:40 pm. I got to the ride right at the start of my FP to find the line looking like this.

Yep that was the beginning of the FP line. And no, it wasn’t just backed up at the scanner, the line was really that long. I’m guessing the ride must have been down for a little bit. I thought about trying to change the FP to something else but in the end just waited in that line. I think it took about ½ hour before I got on the ride. I took a total of one photo while I was waiting and none on the ride itself.

I wasn’t totally unproductive in the line though, I made a 4th FP for 6 pm for the other side of Princess Fairytale Hall. I figured since I was on such a roll with the meet and greets on this day, I might as well keep going.

It was time for that FP when I exited HM so I stopped for some PP pictures then headed straight there.

Trying to do scared in this next photo but I look more like I’m channeling Home Alone.

I made my way to PFH and got in the FP line. I had a pretty short wait but I still had time to make a 5th FP for Dumbo which would be available as soon as I finished up with the Princesses.

First up was Tiana. I mentioned to her that she was my Brother’s favorite princess and she asked me if he was married because she was looking for a husband for her friend Lottie. I told her that he was married and she asked me let her know if I thought of anyone else for Lottie.

Rapunzel was next and I have no recollection at all as to what we talked about. Probably something to do with food.

I made my way to Storybook Circus and got in line for Dumbo. While waiting I made a 6th FP for the Ariel meet and greet. Once again it would be available as soon as I got done with Dumbo. I took a lot fewer photos that I normally do on Dumbo for some reason.

I thought the sunset looked gorgeous with the castle but this next shot didn’t turn out as nice as I thought it would. I got too much of the roof in the shot.

Ariel was next, I was definitely on a roll with the meet and greets this day! If I’m counting right, Ariel was meet #10 for the day. And I decided I needed one more meet and greet so I made FP #7 for the Mickey meet and greet while waiting.

Ariel was sweet as usual but once again I don’t remember what we talked about. I think I may have mentioned that she was Jim’s favorite princess.

No idea what I was looking at in this next one.

I actually had a little time before the Mickey meet and greet and it was starting to get chilly again, so I decided to stop in the Emporium and buy the sweatshirt I saw earlier. Yes, I did have a sweatshirt in the locker but I decided that was “too far” to walk. LOL. Mainly just an excuse to buy the sweatshirt I wanted but didn’t really need.

On my way to the Emporium, I got one of my favorite shots of the trip. Sunset behind the castle was beautiful.

I found the sweatshirt I wanted and headed to the check out. I had the CM that waited on my cut off the tags so I could wear it immediately. I love this sweatshirt and have worn it often since the trip. Yeah, it’s summer here in Georgia but Jim plays ice hockey so it’s come in handy during his games.

The FP line for Mickey moved a bit slow but it gave me time to make my 8th FP for Pirates and also snap a few line photos. I made the FP for immediately after Wishes.

Once again I don’t remember what I talked about with Mickey. He was my 11th and final meet of the day.

Oh I do remember thanks to the photos that he noticed my Pluto bag and told me he liked it.

It was about 45 minutes before Wishes when I finished with Mickey so I decided to get something small to eat and then find a place for the fireworks. My original plan was one of the Mac and Cheese bowls at The Friar’s Nook but my stomach still wasn’t right. Cheese can be iffy for me so I decided to play it safe and ended up with my third Mickey pretzel of the trip. I’m hoping they will still have the Mac and Cheese bowls in January because I really want to try the Pot Roast one.

I found a seat on a curb in the Hub near the path to Adventureland so I could head straight to Pirates when Wishes was done. An older couple sat down next to me and we struck up a conversation. Ugh, the husband was one of the most negative persons I have met. He did nothing but complain about Disney the whole time we sat there. I wanted to ask him why he was even there but I just kept my mouth shut.

I also realized at that point how much I hate the bubble wands they sell at Disney now. There were at least 10 kids running around me with those wands and I was bombarded with bubbles the entire time I was sitting there.

Now I hate to disappoint my readers but I did not take one photo during this Wishes. It was my final viewing and I wanted to watch without the distraction of my camera. So that’s what I did. It was really emotional, I’m so glad I took this last minute trip to experience Wishes before it was gone.

Once Wishes was over I still had 45 minutes until the park closed and I planned on making the most of that time. First I headed to Adventureland to use my Pirates FP. I made one last FP for Buzz Lightyear while I waited in the short FP line. I actually took some photos this time through the ride.

Continued in Next Post

A Plethora of Fast Passes Part 2

I’m glad I got these next two photos since this scene will be changing soon. I just hope the ride is not closed while we are there next January.

After Pirates, I hustled my way over to Tomorrowland to use my last FP+ for Buzz. Still didn’t get Galactic Hero, maybe next trip.

If you remember, I still had one more paper FP to use. I had decided earlier that my last ride for the trip was going to be Space Mountain since it’s almost impossible to get an additional FP for that one. I was distracted on my way there though by a PP photographer out front of the ride. I hadn’t gotten pictures there before so I stopped.

I used my last paper FP and had a nice ride in Space. I figured devil horns would be an appropriate last ride photo.

When I exited SM, the park was officially closed so I made my way slowly out, taking pictures as I went. So if you were keeping track, I managed to use 9 FP+ and 2 paper FPs that day and that was with my first FP+ starting at 3:30 pm. I think I made pretty good use of the FP system!

I stopped for yet another set of PP pictures. I needed to get my money’s worth after all. The Photographer took three shots but they are all pretty much identical.

I ducked into the Emporium and purchased a few packs of Tsum Tsum pins.

I was really hoping for Pluto, Stitch or Dumbo.

I didn’t get any of those but at least I didn’t get any repeats.

Despite having so many Mickey pretzels during the trip, I still had three snack credits left. I had saved up some of them to use in the Confectionery on my way out. I love having a Disney treat to take home and enjoy after the trip is over. The place was wall to wall people and the line for the candy counter was huge. But I wanted my fudge so I got in line and waited it out.

I picked up my stuff in the locker and then headed out to the bus stop which still had a pretty large line. I did make it on to the first bus but ended up standing.

I made it back to the resort around 11:15 pm. MK had closed at 10 pm so not too bad. I stopped in the gift shop and picked up my packages from Epcot then headed back to my room to pack. I ended up turning out the lights at 12:30 am.

I traded for five pins during that day.

I also made a Yoda penny at HS.

I only have a few pictures from Monday so I might as well finish this thing. My DME bus was at 10:35 am so I had a few hours that morning. I was up and out of the room by 8:30 am. I took my suitcase over and checked it and then headed to the food court for some breakfast. I still had one CS credit left and you don’t think I was going to leave Disney property without some Mickey Waffles, did you?

Mickey Waffle craving satisfied, I took one more spin around the gift shop and picked up some more pins.

I got the two packs of mystery pins because the both had a Pluto pin.

Unfortunately I didn’t get Pluto in either pack although I do love the “Have a Magical Day” luggage tag one.

I went back to the room after that, relaxed for a bit and worked on my trip journal. I headed back out around 10:15 and caught my DME bus right on time. Everything went smoothly at the airport and I was at my gate by 11:45 am. Oh, I did make a quick stop in the Earport before going through security. I had seen a Stitch pressed penny on my arrival day but was in too much of a hurry to stop. I had plenty of time on my departure day so I stopped in and got it.

My flight was uneventful and before I knew it I was back home with my doggies and Jim.

Well folks, that’s another TR in the bag for me. I had an absolute blast on this trip although it was way too short. I’m so thankful I got the opportunity to see Wishes a few more times before it went away. I’m probably not going to do a full PTR for my next trip, I’ll just use this one for a few updates between now and January. There’s really nothing more to report on it until end of September when I make my FPs but I may throw in a few more running updates as I progress.

I still have a full day to go on the Disneyland TR so hopefully I will see you guys there.

What it's over already!?!

You got some great photos with characters! I have never been into the Princess Fairytale hall yet. Dumbo is a must for me.

Awesome shot with the sun and the castle!

Talking Mickey seems like fun. Another meet and greet I haven't done. I might try it in January after the marathon.

I don't understand how some people can be so negative about Disney yet still be there. Whatever I guess.

I hope Pirates isn't down in January either!

Great tomorrowland photos!

Love the pin additions as well.

As always it was a great Trip Report!

WOW! Super impressed with how many FPs you were able to get and use! Such a successful day!

Love your photos from Dumbo and the photo of the castle with the sunset.

That's such a cute sweatshirt you purchased!

Glad you enjoyed your final viewing of Wishes, though I am sure it was sad!

Love your final pictures as you left the park.

Sounds like a nice final morning. Glad you made it home with no issues!

Thanks for sharing, as always I enjoyed reading along :)

I'm kind of glad we aren't going to be there for New Year's with the crowds and the extra party temptations! I did want to come earlier but Jim can't with his work schedule.

I couldn't resist for very long. It took me exactly 20 minutes after posting that the prices might keep me from booking one of the New Year's Eve parties before I made our reservation. Oops!! :)

Yes, I did have a sweatshirt in the locker but I decided that was “too far” to walk. LOL. Mainly just an excuse to buy the sweatshirt I wanted but didn’t really need.

Disney Math at it's finest!!

FRAME THIS!!!!

Awwww, hi Baymax!! :) Did I tell you he's my 5K costume??

I think I made pretty good use of the FP system!

UNDERSTATEMENT. OF. THE. CENTURY. Well played!!!!

Definitely let me know what your dates are so we can plan a meet!
YES!!! I most definitely will :goodvibes

Do you have the Thomas Kincade print of the castle from that angle? I do and love it!
No, but I'm jealous you do ;) I have the one of Disneyland's castle though :thumbsup2

I thought the sunset looked gorgeous with the castle but this next shot didn’t turn out as nice as I thought it would. I got too much of the roof in the shot.
It's still a beautiful shot!

Ariel was next, I was definitely on a roll with the meet and greets this day!
You sure were, my goodness!

Stunning photo. :cloud9:

He was my 11th and final meet of the day.
I can't believe this, awesome!!!

He did nothing but complain about Disney the whole time we sat there.
Ugh, why do people with that attitude even go!? Especially when they negatively impact someone else's experience. :sad2:

Now I hate to disappoint my readers but I did not take one photo during this Wishes. It was my final viewing and I wanted to watch without the distraction of my camera.
I completely understand and would probably have done the same thing :goodvibes

I’m glad I got these next two photos since this scene will be changing soon. I just hope the ride is not closed while we are there next January.
I know, I hope the same!

I managed to use 9 FP+ and 2 paper FPs that day and that was with my first FP+ starting at 3:30 pm. I think I made pretty good use of the FP system!
You really rocked this day!!! :thumbsup2

I still have a full day to go on the Disneyland TR so hopefully I will see you guys there.
I'm so sad to see your TR end, I may just have to jump over to your DL one and start from the beginning :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear about Eddie. I know how difficult that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter