Close shaves at Harmony Barber Shop?

mom2pixies

DIS Veteran
Hi Dis Dads!

Just a question for you gents in the know.

We are going to WDW for my eldest daughter's wish trip--she'll be going to BBB for a princess makeover while there. I'd like to take my youngest daughter to Harmony for her first haircut--and I wanted to know if they also do close shaves with straight razors there? My hubby has always wanted one and I thought I'd surprise him with one while we were there for our baby girl's haircut. He shaves his head (well, what hair that is remaining!), so no hair to cut, but his goatee could always needs a trim! Any ideas?

Thanks very much. :)

Hi Dis Dads!

We are going to WDW for my eldest daughter's wish trip--she'll be going to BBB for a princess makeover while there. I'd like to take my youngest daughter to Harmony for her first haircut--and I wanted to know if they also do close shaves with straight razors there? My hubby has always wanted one and I thought I'd surprise him with one while we were there for our baby girl's haircut. He shaves his head (well, what hair that is remaining!), so no hair to cut, but his goatee could always needs a trim! Any ideas?

They do a good job on haircuts. When I was in there I do not remember anything listed for shaving. :confused3

I've never been there, but one of our members, Disney Commando, goes there every trip. I sent him a PM to make sure he checks out this thread and hopefully can get you an answer.

According to a thread I found over at micechat.com, the answer is no, the Harmony Barbershop does not do old-fashioned straightrazor shaves (or any shaves). The post notes that full old-fashioned barbershop services are only available at the Dapper Dan Barber Shop at Disneyland Paris.

No shaves at the WDW babershop (at least when I have asked). They will probably trim his beard but do not know if it is worth the price of a haircut. They will also put some "pixie dust" on your child's hair if requested.

You can now make reservations for the babershop. I don't have the number but I am sure they will transfer you if you call the main Disney line.

Hi Dis Dads!

Would your husband want others to trim it? I have had my moustache/goatee for over 11 years and I am the only one who trims it.

Hi Dis Dads!

I've never been there, but one of our members, Disney Commando, goes there every trip. I sent him a PM to make sure he checks out this thread and hopefully can get you an answer.

The Harmony Barbershop offers a beard & mustache trim ($10) I haven't seen or heard of them doing a shave with a straight edge, but would imagine due to safety issues with kids around, it's probably for the better:confused3

If you are going to go I would highly recommend making a ressie (can be made up to 180 days in advance) The # is 407 -WDW-DINE, also if you would like a special treat make your ressie for noon, at this time The Dapper Dans come into the shop and sing a few songs, you can't get a better seat:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Thanks for the responses, gentlemen. Thought they would have done a shave there--but if it's just moustache and beard trims, I don't think we'll bother. He probably wouldn't bother with it, but no worries--we'll still get our DD's first haircut there!

Thanks for the suggestion of getting a ressie around noon for the Dapper Dan show. I'll give 'em a call! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter