Closing Documents seem "light"

DaveNan

DIS Veteran
Just got my closing docs emailed and they seem to be lacking detail.
Given some of the stories in the forum recently, I thought I would ask the crowd.
I got 5 pages total - 3 for me and 2 for reference (sellers)
1. Buyers Closing statement - all the numbers - I sign (no notary)
Does show what interest is being purchased 0.5474% in a Unit
2. Compliance agreement and disclosures - I sign (no notary)
Just a bunch of legal statements, that if the title company makes a mistake I will work with them on making it right
3. Personal info on me - I sign (no notary)
Name,address, ss number, marital status, email, phone - also has reference to ownership stake

I need to send check and copy of ID in, that's it.
I don't sign the contract/deed and no notary on my part

For reference some seller's docs are attached too. I assume they had a separate financial statement and compliance agreement.
I just see a 2 page Warranty deed (I trust this is the same one they get????)
It does have my name and address as the grantee and again has the ownership interest as well as 250 points mentioned.

They sign it, have it witnessed, and have in Notarized.

My concerns are, I don't sign and deed/contract with the seller.
Nothing of mine in Notarized.
And nowhere on any of the papers is the current point status indicated. 0 points in 2017 and 250 in 2018 and beyond.

I did send a question back to the title company and agent that the current point status is not reflected. I am waiting to hear back.

Should all this bother me? First contract, and with other horror stories in the forums, I got concerned.

Ours was 2 pages and a cover letter. I just figured it was light because we aren't getting a loan with it. If they have our cashiers check, they know we are serious.

If you are using a known broker and title company who does DVC transactions, I wouldn't worry but ask them questions if you are concerned.

:earsboy: Bill

I would ask when you'll receive ppwk on title insurance. You're paying for it, you should receive documentation. The closing package in our last transaction was 18 pages.

The closing package for our resale contract was similar to what you describe. The closing contract with our direct add-on was a mountain in comparison. (Both transactions were cash.)

The closing package for our resale contract was similar to what you describe. The closing contract with our direct add-on was a mountain in comparison. (Both transactions were cash.)

Direct contracts through the developer by law require additional documents. Some of those documents should be past down by resale sellers but they never are.

:earsboy: Bill

We have very few executable documents, but did receive a packet of other material for our reference. We too did not need a notary and were surprised.

None the less, they appear to be in order and we've sent them back to the title company. We will wire the funds to them first thing Monday morning and wait for the seller to sign.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter