Closing Time!!

Woohoo, we received our membership number in the mail yesterday (we weren't in any hurry yet, so we waited). :yay:

I called today for the activation code and to link my Disney Experience account that I already had. We now have points loaded and a trip booked for next year (but I'm going to be switching it perhaps at the 7 month mark, even though we LOVE our home resort, but we wanted to try something new as we'll only be there a few days).

My final timeline:
5/1-- Offer made and accepted
5/3-- Sent to ROFR
5/15-- Passed ROFR, sent for estoppel
6/9-- Closing docs received via email (estoppel took 24 days), FedExed back to title co. (weekend)
6/12-- Closing docs received at title co.
6/14-- Closed and deed recorded
6/29-- Received membership number via snail mail
6/30-- Points loaded, trip booked

Good luck to everyone else! :rainbow:

My timeline so far is :
Offer made and accepted - 5/10
Sent to ROFR-6/1-( this was due to seller's wife not signing right away)
Passed ROFR and sent to Estoppel -6/6
6/29- closing docs sent to me.
6/30- sent out docs
Agent says closing date will be given as soon as she receives paperwork from both parties. I'm hoping it does not take as long as it did for the seller's to sign it this time around. I'm wanting to book a VB June/July trip for next summer and I know how hard that is after 11 month window passes so hopefully this moves along quickly! Fingers crossed!

Contract is for VB- Feb UY- 45/17, 100/18, 100/19.

Wow! I can't believe I'm moving over to this board already!
Here's my timeline
200 SSR Feb UY
5/19 - offer made and accepted
6/2 - passed ROFR
6/23 - closing docs received
6/24 - closing docs signed and sent back
6/27- docs received by title co
6/30 - notified that we have closed and deed sent to county for recording!

Hopefully not much longer before I see the points added to my account!
Stacey

Who do I contact for updates? We had an issue with the seller's wife taking over 3 weeks to sign the original paperwork to go to ROFR so I am very nervous that it is going to be the same with the closing documents. Do I contact my original agent with any questions? Or the title company?
Thanks!

Who do I contact for updates? We had an issue with the seller's wife taking over 3 weeks to sign the original paperwork to go to ROFR so I am very nervous that it is going to be the same with the closing documents. Do I contact my original agent with any questions? Or the title company?
Thanks!

Both.

We are waiting for closing too!

160 pts BLT Apr UY
5/23 offer made & accepted
6/7 passed ROFR
6/28 closing docs received
6/30 docs returned

Now more waiting ....

Our timeline (for various reasons) is crap. But whatever. We're here. We're almost at the finish line.

100 pt AKL DEC contract.

Offer Accepted: 4/13
ROFR: 4/20
Passed ROFR: 5/9
Closing docs: 6/9 (don't even get me started on that wait)
Return docs: 6/23 (surprise! You need a notary, who took that long to make sure the contract was correct. Ugh!)
Received close docs: 6/27
Closed and deed recorded: 6/28

Now we're waiting on Disney... but I can wait that out because we won't be booking a trip until 2019. This process was really drawn out and I did not enjoy it. But I got a killer deal, so I'd still go resale again.

Closed!

32 days from offer to closing.

Wow! Congrats!
We are on day 56 and I'm not even sure the closing company has all the docs from the seller yet. I also just found out our escrow officer is out until next Monday.
I hope it's processed by someone else, but I am not too optimistic. And so I wait......

Last edited:
Wow! I can't believe I'm moving over to this board already!
Here's my timeline
200 SSR Feb UY
5/19 - offer made and accepted
6/2 - passed ROFR
6/23 - closing docs received
6/24 - closing docs signed and sent back
6/27- docs received by title co
6/30 - notified that we have closed and deed sent to county for recording!

Hopefully not much longer before I see the points added to my account!
Stacey

I just checked the comptroller site and it looks like our deed was recorded on Monday. How long should I expect to wait for the points to be loaded? We are already DVC members (purchased small direct contract) and this contract is the same resort and UY.
Thanks for your help!
Stacey

I just checked the comptroller site and it looks like our deed was recorded on Monday. How long should I expect to wait for the points to be loaded? We are already DVC members (purchased small direct contract) and this contract is the same resort and UY.
Thanks for your help!
Stacey

10ish days

I finally made it to this board!!! The pinhole of light at the end of the tunnel is growing! WOOHOO!

Boardwalk 200 points

Offer made and accepted 6/3
Sent in to ROFR 6/5
Passed ROFR 6/16
Closing docs received by me 7/5 sent out 7/6
Sellers docs received ???
Deed filed and points transferred????

Boardwalk 100 points
Our timeline:

5/13 offer made and accepted
5/30 passed ROFR
6/19 Closing DOCS received
6/21 Closing Docs Sent back

Still waiting:
? Closing
? Recorded
? Points Loaded

amcuu18007-

Yes, I did check the site, but it's not there yet. I haven't received word that it closed yet. As of Friday, they were waiting for docs from the seller. On Friday, seller told broker FedEx would deliver docs in the a.m. Contacted my closing officer and she is on vacation this week. Her fill-in person has not responded to email or phone call. So, I guess I will have to wait until she returns Monday. Hopefully, she will close Monday, because it's a December use year and I have to bank points by July 31.

amcuu18007-

Yes, I did check the site, but it's not there yet. I haven't received word that it closed yet. As of Friday, they were waiting for docs from the seller. On Friday, seller told broker FedEx would deliver docs in the a.m. Contacted my closing officer and she is on vacation this week. Her fill-in person has not responded to email or phone call. So, I guess I will have to wait until she returns Monday. Hopefully, she will close Monday, because it's a December use year and I have to bank points by July 31.
Cammy? Yeah me too

Yes. One of the workers said it might be processed this week even though she is out. But, since no one returned my email or call, I am guessing closing will be the 10th at the earliest when she returns.
Yeah our Docs arrived there 6/12 and the email stating such was from 6/15. Our seller was very quick on the contract paperwork so I'm assuming that is not the holdup but I'm not sure. I don't have any points to bank so no worries there. But it is still not done until it's done.

Yeah our Docs arrived there 6/12 and the email stating such was from 6/15. Our seller was very quick on the contract paperwork so I'm assuming that is not the holdup but I'm not sure. I don't have any points to bank so no worries there. But it is still not done until it's done.

Agreed. I hope we both get good news on Monday when she returns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter