Closing Time!!

We sent ours back September 28. You know what I haven't spoken with my actual DVC agent since my accepted offer on the 15th of August. I think it's time I bug him a little lol

I think I'm going to email him right now to see if he can find out any information on our closing!

Well I think I'm just going to sit back and relax (ya right) and wait until our October 30 closing date. My DVC angent called me after receiving my email and said he looked at our file and it appears both ends are "doing what they are supposed to be doing" he didn't say yes or no to sellers returning documents. He also asked if I have recived an estoppel letter? What is that?

We sent ours back September 28. You know what I haven't spoken with my actual DVC agent since my accepted offer on the 15th of August. I think it's time I bug him a little lol

I think I'm going to email him right now to see if he can find out any information on our closing!

Who was your agent? Mine was Humberto. I never spoke to or communicated with him at anytime between making the offer and him sending me the email that I closed on the 3rd. I'm wondering what he actually does...

Same, Humberto

As far as estoppel, the only reason I even knew if estoppel was issued was when I emailed Brenda at Magic Vacation Title. The communication process could definitely stand to be improved. You might want to ask her if the sellers returned their docs.

I never spoke to our "agent", ever...but did speak to Kristin who handles the documents and contracts for DVCRM. I also spoke to our title company (First American in Las Vegas- Rebecca) and both were helpful and extremely prompt in their responses. Reading all of this I feel very luck to have a seller that sent everything in promptly.
Mike

As far as estoppel, the only reason I even knew if estoppel was issued was when I emailed Brenda at Magic Vacation Title. The communication process could definitely stand to be improved. You might want to ask her if the sellers returned their docs.
Brenda is also who I am communicating with at ***. I am pretty certain we will not close much sooner than th estimated October 30 date.

I never spoke to our "agent", ever...but did speak to Kristin who handles the documents and contracts for DVCRM. I also spoke to our title company (First American in Las Vegas- Rebecca) and both were helpful and extremely prompt in their responses. Reading all of this I feel very luck to have a seller that sent everything in promptly.
Mike
Yes mike Kristen has been helpful and prompt.

Congrats on "almost" completing your sale. Hope you get to book tomorrow

We dealt with Jodi at DVCresalemarket and she was great to deal with. Spoke on the phone numerous times and she always responded to my requests very quickly.

Lindsay - your pixiedust must have worked as I JUST got an email from Jodi that we officially closed today and that the info is off to Disney to transfer points over etc.:thanks:

Hopefully your good news will come through soon as well. Have some pixie dust back to ensure it happens quicklypixiedust:

We dealt with Jodi at DVCresalemarket and she was great to deal with. Spoke on the phone numerous times and she always responded to my requests very quickly.

Lindsay - your pixiedust must have worked as I JUST got an email from Jodi that we officially closed today and that the info is off to Disney to transfer points over etc.:thanks:

Hopefully your good news will come through soon as well. Have some pixie dust back to ensure it happens quicklypixiedust:
Phew!!!! Glad that is over for you!! Congratulations and thank you for hr pixie dust :)

I’m in the same boat, waiting on our contract to close. We sent back our check and paperwork Sep 27. I was just about to email the title company when they emailed me that they received all paperwork and that it should close in 2-4 days. I’m somewhat relieved!

How long does the point transfer process usually take? Or, after closing how long should I expect to wait?

That's a wrap! We are finished the process from offer to points in 52 days.
Grand Californian
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Closing: First American Title (Las Vegas)
8/16 Offer
7/17 Offer accepted
8/21 Sent to ROFR
9/5 Passed ROFR
9/21 Closing docs received
9/25 Closing docs returned by both parties
9/25 CLOSED
9/25 Deed recorded on OCC site (California)
9/29 Docs received by Disney
10/5 Member Number
10/6 Points loaded and activation code

We are off to WDW tomorrow and hope to take our newly minted paper membership card to the Top of the World Lounge next week.

Hang in there everyone, things do move forward. We were very fortunate to have things go so smoothly. I thought we would not be done in time for our trip.
Mike

For those in the same boat...:)
The march to completion continues :snail:...We now have a member number pixiedust:as our file was processed this morning, but we will not have an activation code until tomorrow. Disney received our paperwork on 9/29, so they are are working on files received on or before that day.
Mike
Interesting. We got our member number and activation code on the same day. Though it could be that my stuff was processed the day before and I could've gotten my member number then...I just skipped a day calling in.

I do not know now if the seller has returned their portion of the documents. No one from DVC resale market nor magic vacation title is keeping me informed. If I get information it's because I reached out. Frustrating to say the least especially since the money left our account 1 week ago.
I never heard about the seller's docs and I used the same companies as you. They did not offer that info nor did I ever ask about his docs. But it went fairly quickly after I returned mine, so I am assuming he returned his quickly.

I never heard about the seller's docs and I used the same companies as you. They did not offer that info nor did I ever ask about his docs. But it went fairly quickly after I returned mine, so I am assuming he returned his quickly.
Brenda at *** told me sellers documents must be received before they can close! It's such a bummer being in the dark. I have not received confirmation that sellers documents have been returned so I'm guessing they have not! I just want my points!!

That's a wrap! We are finished the process from offer to points in 52 days.
Grand Californian
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Closing: First American Title (Las Vegas)
8/16 Offer
7/17 Offer accepted
8/21 Sent to ROFR
9/5 Passed ROFR
9/21 Closing docs received
9/25 Closing docs returned by both parties
9/25 CLOSED
9/25 Deed recorded on OCC site (California)
9/29 Docs received by Disney
10/5 Member Number
10/6 Points loaded and activation code

We are off to WDW tomorrow and hope to take our newly minted paper membership card to the Top of the World Lounge next week.

Hang in there everyone, things do move forward. We were very fortunate to have things go so smoothly. I thought we would not be done in time for our trip.
Mike

Congrats!! I'm one week behind you, so I hope to have my member number, points, and activation code by next Friday. Let us know how TOTW Lounge was for you!

Can anyone tell me are y'all just checking the OC site to see if the deed is recorded or is the title company telling you? Also does Disney send us a letter? Is that when you know to call and get your membership number?
I went to the comptroller site myself to check. I did not wait for a letter, though it was sent it fairly quickly (like a day or so after calling in). I called in to get my member number seven days after closing but found out that Disney did not receive the docs until 2 days after closing, so I waited 2 more days and called back.

See I had Jodi and she never communicated with me other than initially. It was always Kristen who communicated with me and Brenda from ***.

I am debating emailing *** to see if our seller has returned documents yet? I don't want to be a pest but I feel like since I have already sent in my part and the money had left my account I have the right to know?

Yes? No?

Phew!!!! Glad that is over for you!! Congratulations and thank you for hr pixie dust :)
Lindsay, we used the same companies as you, with Jodi as our agent, and I really felt there was a lack of communication as well. We went about a month and two weeks between ROFR and getting closing docs because there was a step I was supposed to complete as far as financing but yet no one ever told me to do it. I waited the full 30 days after ROFR and then sent in an email. It took about 4 days to finally get the answer that I had docs I need to complete for the finance company. So basically I wonder how long they had estoppel yet were just waiting on me. This whole process took from July 5 to Sept 19 (close date) but I think if the proper instructions had been communicated, it would have gone quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter