Closing Time!!

I just got an email back..."At this time, due to staffing reductions and the challenges of working remotely, our turnaround time for the queue is taking approximately 6 weeks from the date we receive the documents from the closing company." o_O
And then another 2-3 weeks to get points??? If this is true, my SSR resale which closed on 7/15 won't appear till around 8/26, and I'll have points by 9/16 -- two months from closing to points. Uuuuuuugh. :(

I just got an email back..."At this time, due to staffing reductions and the challenges of working remotely, our turnaround time for the queue is taking approximately 6 weeks from the date we receive the documents from the closing company." o_O
I'm at 3 weeks now so half way there :tiptoe:

Well that’s unfortunate. Hopefully they can start turning them around quicker. I need my points in three months to make a reservation for Sept 2021 so I’m not too worried but just want the satisfaction of having them in my account sooner than later

And then another 2-3 weeks to get points??? If this is true, my SSR resale which closed on 7/15 won't appear till around 8/26, and I'll have points by 9/16 -- two months from closing to points. Uuuuuuugh. :(
Crazy!!! Our deed recorded 6/17 & still waiting for our membership account to appear. We are seriously considering purchasing direct with the new incentives & I referenced that in my email but nothing but crickets. Disney needs to know where to cut back & where to staff. CRAZY times!

Crazy!!! Our deed recorded 6/17 & still waiting for our membership account to appear. We are seriously considering purchasing direct with the new incentives & I referenced that in my email but nothing but crickets. Disney needs to know where to cut back & where to staff. CRAZY times!

Our deed was also recorded 6/17... the waiting is absolutely killer!

Home: Old Key West (OKW)
Broker: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Title Company: Resales DVC
Offer made: 05/10/2020
Offer accepted: 05/10/2020
Sent to ROFR: 05/11/2020
Passed ROFR: 06/18/2020
Closing docs received: 7/9/2020
Closing docs returned: 7/10/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 7/13/2020
Closing: 7/14/2020
Deed recorded:7/17/2020
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Home: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: Mason Title
Title Company: DVC By Resale
Offer made: 05/15/2020
Offer accepted: 05/16/2020
Sent to ROFR: 05/19/2020
Passed ROFR: 06/30/2020
Closing docs received: 07/8/2020
Closing docs returned: 07/08/2020
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing: 7/24/2020
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Like Quote Reply

It takes around 3 weeks to get the Estopptel from Disney
You both then close. That depends on you and seller.
Then the Deed is recorded, that is quick
It then goes to Disney. That takes around 30-45 days to add
Then your points gets added which is another 2 weeks.
I'm new to this and really wondering about the closing date and how it's recorded here. There's a "closing" date in the list of dates people are using here but it's generally not filled in.... Shouldn't the closing date be the one in the contract? Or does it typically just occur after the seller sends their closing documents in?

My closing date is pretty far out, is it possible to close earlier if the seller returns the documents more quickly than specified?

I'm new to this and really wondering about the closing date and how it's recorded here. There's a "closing" date in the list of dates people are using here but it's generally not filled in.... Shouldn't the closing date be the one in the contract? Or does it typically just occur after the seller sends their closing documents in?

My closing date is pretty far out, is it possible to close earlier if the seller returns the documents more quickly than specified?
The transaction typically closes before the close by date. The title company will close the transaction after signed paperwork from both parties and funds are received.

The date in the contract is the latest closing date possible, but it could close earlier than that. If it passes ROFR and all parties turn in documents, title search is completed, and final payment is received, it can close as soon as all that happens. Usually the broker and/or title company informs you when closing is done.

If you’re looking at postings here and the closing date is blank and there’s no dates after, it’s because it hasn’t closed yet. People usually start a post on her once the contract passes ROFR but before closing.

The date in the contract is the latest closing date possible, but it could close earlier than that. If it passes ROFR and all parties turn in documents, title search is completed, and final payment is received, it can close as soon as all that happens. Usually the broker and/or title company informs you when closing is done.

If you’re looking at postings here and the closing date is blank and there’s no dates after, it’s because it hasn’t closed yet. People usually start a post on her once the contract passes ROFR but before closing.
Thanks that's awesome! Exactly what I wanted to hear, lol.

I'm only 3 weeks since closing but I've been looking for more information about how a new member DVC process actually works and couldn't quickly find a thread so I figured I'd ask here. How does the process work? I get an email from DVC or does it come in a welcome packet of sorts in the mail? I guess I just was hoping to know more about the process post-closing. If this is in the wrong thread or you know of a better resource feel free to redirect me.

I'm only 3 weeks since closing but I've been looking for more information about how a new member DVC process actually works and couldn't quickly find a thread so I figured I'd ask here. How does the process work? I get an email from DVC or does it come in a welcome packet of sorts in the mail? I guess I just was hoping to know more about the process post-closing. If this is in the wrong thread or you know of a better resource feel free to redirect me.
We’re soon to close (same property IIRC) and will be in the same boat. Any help or redirection is appreciated. I’ll be looking to get something on wax for 2021 ASAP as it will be well into the 11 mo window.

We’re soon to close (same property IIRC) and will be in the same boat. Any help or redirection is appreciated. I’ll be looking to get something on wax for 2021 ASAP as it will be well into the 11 mo window.

I'm also a new member currently waiting for my membership details. My deed was recorded 37 days ago and still nothing, hoping to hear soon. I believe we just get an email from DVC but hopefully somebody else can clarify.

I'm also a new member currently waiting for my membership details. My deed was recorded 37 days ago and still nothing, hoping to hear soon. I believe we just get an email from DVC but hopefully somebody else can clarify.

You should get an email from DVC that allow you to setup your account.

You get your Activation Code in email and the Club ID in physical mail (but you can call them). Mine came from: donotreply@disneyvacationclub.com back in December.

EDIT: flipped info corrected

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter