Closing Time!!

I guess I am confused why you feel they are way behind in your case for the transfer as It’s not even been 2 weeks since you just closed 7/28?

It has always taken between 2 to 3 weeks to get points from resale for me and that was before Covid.
Because all of the current posts in the Closing thread indicate it can take 6 weeks for them to just put the membership into my account and then another 2-4 weeks to add my points?

For example:
It is more about when the deed is recorded than ROFR. So, I would figure 6 to 8 weeks from that date...though last Friday people who had deeds recorded 6/26 to 7/1 all had contracts show up the same day.
Contract Showing on Membership: 7/18/2020
Points in account: 8/9/2020

As you noted, they are taking ~6 weeks to have their contracts appear online, and then there's another 3+ weeks to get the points based on when Rm4OneMore got their points. 9+ weeks from my closing date puts me at the end of September/beginning of October.

Because all of the current posts in the Closing thread indicate it can take 6 weeks for them to just put the membership into my account and then another 2-4 weeks to add my points?

For example:

As you noted, they are taking ~6 weeks to have their contracts appear online, and then there's another 3+ weeks to get the points based on when Rm4OneMore got their points. 9+ weeks from my closing date puts me at the end of September/beginning of October.

Sorry, I misunderstood what your point was in what you posted.

Normal time for me has always been 2 to 3 weeks from closing to having points and have always been advised to assume a 3 month timeline.

Things are picking up though and hopeful the timeline is less. My contract closed 7/7 and still waiting. My offer was on May 5th but My closing was set at 7/1 so I didn’t really expect points until end of July....but still is disappointing not to have yet.

I made the offer on this contract in May

With the parks closed, no timeline defined for reopening, direct sales completely shutdown, and Disney on a huge furlough.

Also was this your contract that was sent to Disney on 6/2 or the one that passed ROFR on 6/18?

I mean even when I bought 3 resale contracts back in October/November I was warned it might take 2-3 months to get access to the account. Which puts those points squarely in the eyes of not being able to be used.

9+ weeks from my closing date puts me at the end of September/beginning of October.

Maybe I have not looked closely enough here (been following slightly based on possibly buying a resale contract) but it seems like things are now speeding back up.

Just checked it seems like it down to right around 6-7 weeks now? So if it was at 9+ that means its falling and they are catching up instead of falling behind.

With the parks closed, no timeline defined for reopening, direct sales completely shutdown, and Disney on a huge furlough.

Also was this your contract that was sent to Disney on 6/2 or the one that passed ROFR on 6/18?

I mean even when I bought 3 resale contracts back in October/November I was warned it might take 2-3 months to get access to the account. Which puts those points squarely in the eyes of not being able to be used.

Maybe I have not looked closely enough here (been following slightly based on possibly buying a resale contract) but it seems like things are now speeding back up.

Just checked it seems like it down to right around 6-7 weeks now? So if it was at 9+ that means its falling and they are catching up instead of falling behind.
It passed ROFR on 7/17 and closed on 7/28. The contract that passed on 6/18 took forever in Estoppel and closed on 7/15. Neither has appeared in my account yet.

6-7 weeks is just for the contract to appear. It's another 3-4 weeks after that to get points.

I'm not entirely certain why you're arguing with me on this? Having passed ROFR on 7/17, and even counting for Estoppel and seller delays, having my deed recorded on 7/28 would have meant that I'd have points in advance of the 8/31 deadline and could put them into RCI, as that's almost 5 weeks. My whole point is that because of Disney's delays, I won't get the points in time. They're already waiving banking deadlines for resale purchasers whose points are delayed because of Disney. Is it that unreasonable for Disney to transfer my points for me, especially as I wrote to them and requested it? If it takes to October to get my points, okay, I can accept that, so long as those points get moved for me (well, okay, I'll be a little sad, because I'll have missed the 7 month booking window).

I'm not entirely certain why you're arguing with me on this?

I am fairly direct in my response and questions, sorry if its coming across as an argument.

My only thing is I am just sick of all these exceptions on a contract that should never be looked at as a "guideline" as it should be the rules.

I think it was your point that there needs to be something outlined as to the timing they can ultimately take. I completely agree with that piece.

I guess my ultimate hope though is that things are speeding up and you will have your points in the next 2 weeks on both your contracts.

It passed ROFR on 7/17 and closed on 7/28. The contract that passed on 6/18 took forever in Estoppel and closed on 7/15. Neither has appeared in my account yet.

6-7 weeks is just for the contract to appear. It's another 3-4 weeks after that to get points.

I'm not entirely certain why you're arguing with me on this? Having passed ROFR on 7/17, and even counting for Estoppel and seller delays, having my deed recorded on 7/28 would have meant that I'd have points in advance of the 8/31 deadline and could put them into RCI, as that's almost 5 weeks. My whole point is that because of Disney's delays, I won't get the points in time. They're already waiving banking deadlines for resale purchasers whose points are delayed because of Disney. Is it that unreasonable for Disney to transfer my points for me, especially as I wrote to them and requested it? If it takes to October to get my points, okay, I can accept that, so long as those points get moved for me (well, okay, I'll be a little sad, because I'll have missed the 7 month booking window).

I think the contract that closed on 7/15 has a good shot if you having points by the deadline as it is going faster now

The 7/28... even in normal times would be close..but still possible. Finger crossed.

I am fairly direct in my response and questions, sorry if its coming across as an argument.

My only thing is I am just sick of all these exceptions on a contract that should never be looked at as a "guideline" as it should be the rules.

I think it was your point that there needs to be something outlined as to the timing they can ultimately take. I completely agree with that piece.

I guess my ultimate hope though is that things are speeding up and you will have your points in the next 2 weeks on both your contracts.
No worries. My apologies as well. Tone is hard in online formats!

And, yes, timing communication is so key. I think perhaps I'd be less frustrated if Disney had been a little more upfront with how long things would take, and kept us in the loop when delays came.

My fingers are crossed, but I'm not especially hopeful at this point!

Home: Boulder Ridge - WL
Broker:
Title Company: Hayes Title
Offer made: 5/26/2020
Offer accepted: 5/26/2020
Sent to ROFR: 5/27/2020
Passed ROFR: 7/14/2020
Closing docs received: 7/21/2020
Closing docs returned: 7/22/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 7/22/2020
Closing: 7/23/2020
Deed recorded: 7/23/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: ?
Points in account: ?

Home: Beach Club
Broker: www.fidelity.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: April 9
Offer accepted: April 14
Sent To ROFR: April 28
Passed ROFR: June 16
Closing Documents received and returned: June 18
Seller returned closing documents: June 29
Closing: July 2
Deed recorded: July 2
Contract showing up in membership: August 11
Points in account:

Just now received the email from MS that contract listed and would be 7-10 days for points to load. Contract was not listed on site 2 hours ago but is now!

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder...we are now requiring websites for brokers to ensure it is not in the board filter...changes do happen!

It will be impossible to edit if people don’t do it, so posts will be deleted If they do not have a link..

Thanks all.

Home: Saratoga Springs SSR
Broker: www.fidelity.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 5/19/2020
Offer accepted: 5/19/2020
Sent to ROFR: 6/1/2020
Passed ROFR: 7/14/2020
Closing docs received: 7/22/2020
Closing docs returned: 7/23/2020
Seller returned closing docs: 8/10/2020
Closing: 8/11/2020
Deed recorded: 8/11/2020
Contract Showing on Membership: ?
Points in account: ?

Getting there slowly....

Just got word from title company my deal will close today or tomorrow... how do you know when the deed has been recorded?

Home: Copper Creek
Broker: www.*******.com
Title Company: TRCS, Inc.
Offer made: 4/19/20
Offer accepted: 4/19/20
Sent to ROFR: 4/21/20
Passed ROFR: 6/10/20
Closing docs received: 6/16/20
Closing docs returned: 6/16/20
Seller returned closing docs: 6/26/20
Closing: 6/29/20
Deed recorded: 7/06/20
Contract Showing on Membership: 8/12/2020
Points in account:

Getting closer!!!😁 Got my membership emails today!!!

Last edited:
Sorry, but I guess I am confused why you feel they are way behind in your case for the transfer as It’s not even been 2 weeks since you just closed 7/28?

Normal time is at least 2 to 3 weeks from deed recording to have the points in the account.

Im at 5 weeks and counting........

Im at 5 weeks and counting........

Me too....closed on 7/7..so since mine normally took 2 to 3 weeks in the past, I consider them really only 2 weeks behind my typical experience at this point. That was what I was alluding to.

Now, I do figure it will be at least 2 or 3 weeks more, so when all said and done, about a month more than normal. Given the furloughs and such, personally, I am okay and understand the delay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter