Closing Time!

Received updated paperwork and it's still wrong - the closing amount is completely missing the annual dues.
I'm not super impressed with Mason Title so far. I understand there is a sense of urgency and I work in a fast-paced industry too but speed isn't great when it isn't efficient.
We also used Mason Title and had to request a number of corrections on our closing documents.

We also used Mason Title and had to request a number of corrections on our closing documents.
I called Marcelo but the number is a generic office number so spoke with an assistant and initially she thought I was the seller but she opened up my file and said she'd speak with him. I also followed up with email.
Since I have to pay a fee to wire money, I don't want to do it more than once.

Received updated paperwork and it's still wrong - the closing amount is completely missing the annual dues.
I'm not super impressed with Mason Title so far. I understand there is a sense of urgency and I work in a fast-paced industry too but speed isn't great when it isn't efficient.
I'm wondering if I will have a similar issue, as the dues were listed nowhere in the contract that I signed with Fidelity. Mason likely has no way to know what to charge me. We'll see, I'm still in the ROFR process

I'm wondering if I will have a similar issue, as the dues were listed nowhere in the contract that I signed with Fidelity. Mason likely has no way to know what to charge me. We'll see, I'm still in the ROFR process
It should have been listed In your initial sales agreement from https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/, at least that's where it's been in in my last two contracts.

I'm not sure what https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/ sales agreements look like but both mine from dvcresalemarket.com and dvcsales.com included the current year dues in the sales agreement sent to me before submitting for ROFR.

So far with Mason, first set of docs didn't include any of the financing paperwork (so if you're paying cash, not an issue) but both sets don't include the current year dues.

Update: Still waiting. We closed 5/4 and deed was recorded same day, however; I rec'd an email from my resale company on 5/15 saying that it closed and they sent it to Disney!!! 11 days AFTER we closed! This is so painful! I keep looking at my current contracts hoping to see the new one added!

Question: Our closing was 5/4 and deed was recorded the same day. Waiting for contract and points to be loaded. I chat with DVC today and was told that it can takes weeks and they aren't seeing the contract yet. "your resale company hasn't sent the contract to DVC yet" Could this be true? The contract is still showing on their site as Sale Pending, but we've closed, and in fact got the title insurance paperwork today in the mail. Should I be concerned?

Last edited:
Question: Our closing was 5/4 and deed was recorded the same day. Waiting for contract and points to be loaded. I chat with DVC today and was told that it can takes weeks and they aren't seeing the contract yet. "your resale company hasn't sent the contract to DVC yet" Could this be true? The contract is still showing on their site as Sale Pending, but we've closed, and in fact got the title insurance paperwork today in the mail. Should I be concerned?

Chat and MS only has access to the info when they can see your contract…it is MA who would have the info in terms of whether they received it from the broker.

Id contact the title company to confirm it’s been sent, but it can take a few weeks for MA to set it up…and once set up, that is when you can call MS to see if they can get the points loaded sooner.

I would not be concerned since it’s only 8 days.

Over the last 6 weeks, the average time to see a contract on the dashboard (existing member),or receive the contract number and activation code emails (new member) has been 14 days, with a spattering of 16-day waits. Over the last two weeks, the average has been 13 days (80+%). I'd give it a few more days.

As @Sandisw said, you were chatting with Member Services. The process of setting up new memberships or adding contracts to existing memberships falls on Member Administration, and you can't chat with them or call. You have to email them. There's zero we can do about speeding up that part of the process. Best to think about something else and not let it eat at you. Once the membership is set up/updated with the new contract, THEN Member Services can get involved and work on getting the points provisioned. The comment about the resale company is odd, as that person would have no access to that information.

Very frustrating re: mistakes with Mason! There is a tiny typo in ours - a V turned to a Y in the postal code of an address, but I didn't ask to fix it as this seemed really not worthwhile. We did just get an email that the contract has now closed - not terrible, 11 days after we signed and wired funds.

Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower (BLT)
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 4/3/2023
Offer accepted: 4/5/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/25/2023
Closing docs received: 5/1/2023
Closing docs returned: 5/2/2023 (wired funds arrived 5/4/2023)
Closing: 5/12/2023
Deed recorded: 5/12/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Chat and MS only has access to the info when they can see your contract…it is MA who would have the info in terms of whether they received it from the broker.

Id contact the title company to confirm it’s been sent, but it can take a few weeks for MA to set it up…and once set up, that is when you can call MS to see if they can get the points loaded sooner.

I would not be concerned since it’s only 8 days.
Thank you!!

Over the last 6 weeks, the average time to see a contract on the dashboard (existing member),or receive the contract number and activation code emails (new member) has been 14 days, with a spattering of 16-day waits. Over the last two weeks, the average has been 13 days (80+%). I'd give it a few more days.

As @Sandisw said, you were chatting with Member Services. The process of setting up new memberships or adding contracts to existing memberships falls on Member Administration, and you can't chat with them or call. You have to email them. There's zero we can do about speeding up that part of the process. Best to think about something else and not let it eat at you. Once the membership is set up/updated with the new contract, THEN Member Services can get involved and work on getting the points provisioned. The comment about the resale company is odd, as that person would have no access to that information.
Thank you! I'm just too anxious!! lol

Thank you! I'm just too anxious!! lol
Don't worry, you're not alone. I'm on contract #10, and I'm so ready to be done with it (and I know it's going to be at least another 4-5 days). The wait between closing and contract showing in dashboard can be the worst as you can't do anything about it and can't check on progress.

*UPDATE*
Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 3/22/2023
Offer accepted: 3/23/2023
Sent to ROFR: 3/23/23
Passed ROFR: 4/04/23
Closing docs received: 4/27/23
Closing docs returned: 5/2/2023(buyer) 5/10/2023(seller)
Closing: 5/11/2023
Deed recorded: 5/12/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member add-on):
Points in account:

Here's some info from a seller's perspective:

I was notified that we passed ROFR on a Thursday.

I received the closing documents by email the following Thursday.

The transaction closed the Thursday after that.
The money was wired to my bank account that day.
The deed was recorded the next day.

This was Mason Title, either post-Cammy or just as Cammy was leaving. Her name was not on the emails I received.

Other people have posted some concerns about Mason, so I wanted to pop in and say that it went fine for me. (The deed was recorded yesterday, so this is very recent.)

I can't help with the "when will the points be in my DVC account?" question since I was in the "I want my money!" camp.

I had the same issue with them, but before anything was drawn up. Told them I wanted to use Mason and got a bunch of hemming and hawing and finally an "ok, but it will cost more". Ended up being $90 (?) more on a $17,000 deal.
Ugh…now I am nervous because we didn’t push back and are using dvcclosings.com at the recommendation of our broker. It is a broker that many have used here and appears to be legitimate, so I think the odds of them intentionally pointing us to a scam title company are low…but what (if anything) should we be doing to try to vet them before wiring $16k next week (we just cleared ROFR)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter