Closing Time!

Update #3:
The wait is starting to get to me. Hopefully the wait will be over soon and we will be able to book a room for our September Welcome Home stay.

Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 1/9/2022
Offer accepted: 1/9/2022
Sent to ROFR: 1/10/2022
Passed ROFR: 1/26/2022
Closing docs received: 2/4/2022
Closing docs returned buyer: 2/11/2022 (funds wired 2/11/2022)
Seller returned closing docs: 2/17/2022
Closing: 2/23/2022
Deed recorded: 2/25/2022
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Hi all, our first contract closed on Feb 15 and I just received the activation code from Disney, but I don't have the Club ID. Will that come in a separate email or is there somewhere else I can locate it?

Update. All done!
Home Resort: BLT
DVC Resale Market
Offer made:1/5
Offer accepted: 1/5
Sent to ROFR:1/7
Passed ROFR: 1/20
Closing docs received: 1/28
Closing docs returned: 1/31 buyer, 2/1 seller
Closing: 2/1
Deed recorded: 2/3
Contract showing: (existing member) 2/22
Points in account: 3/3.

Entire process took 57 days. Saved over $8K vs direct. Getting the points loaded after closing was 28 days. I swear they do this on purpose. The last time we bought resale we got the points in 10 days after close.

This was too long due to DVC refusing to load points and create the contract I’ve been chatting with them for a week trying to get them to add our points. Every time the agent refused to do anything. He would say things like “if you bought direct and it would be fast or call in to make a reservation and then we will add them.” Finally got someone today who was nice and helped.

Update. All done!
DVC Resale Market

Entire process took 57 days. Saved over $8K vs direct. Getting the points loaded after closing was 28 days. I swear they do this on purpose. The last time we bought resale we got the points in 10 days after close.

This was too long due to DVC refusing to load points and create the contract I’ve been chatting with them for a week trying to get them to add our points. Every time the agent refused to do anything. He would say things like “if you bought direct and it would be fast or call in to make a reservation and then we will add them.” Finally got someone today who was nice and helped.
Who did you speak to? Everyone I talked to said they couldn’t help

It has been several years since I bought an additional resale contract.

Can you tell me the date your deed was recorded at OCC for your resale purchase where your points were added to your account this week.?

Mine was 2/23 with no points loaded. I assume now with the initial sale of the additional VGF points, it may be delayed.

Last edited:
Home Resort: Aulani
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 12/24/2021
Offer accepted: 12/25/2021
Sent to ROFR: 12/28/2021
Passed ROFR: 1/13/2022
Closing docs received: 1/27/2022
Closing docs returned buyer: 2/1/2022
Seller returned closing docs: Unknown
Closing: 2/11/2022
Deed recorded: Unknown
Contract Showing on Membership: 3/1/2022
Points in account:

Update #2

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 1/28/22
Offer accepted: 1/28/22
Sent to ROFR: 1/31/22
Passed ROFR: 2/18/22
Closing docs received: 2/25/22
Closing docs returned: 2/28/22
Closing: 3/4/22
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Update:

Broker: DVC Resale Market
Offer made: 12/14/21
Offer accepted: 12/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 12/15/21
Passed ROFR: 1/10/22
Closing docs received: 1/27/22
Closing docs returned: 1/28/22
Closing: 2/15/22
Deed recorded: 2/17/22
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/4/22
Points in account:

Days Total:

Question, when you get the closing docs from magic title Co, do you sign online or do you have to print them, sign and send them in (when you're the buyer)

I'm in the same boat. Contract appeared (existing member) last Sunday, and as of this morning they still can't tell me when the points will load ("Usually a week to ten days"). In the past, a phone call a day or two after the contract appeared, and maybe a 15-20 minute wait once you got through to someone, and you'd have your points. Not so much now. I'm guessing they have all hands helping out the sales team with the flood of VGF2 contracts to process.

It has been several years since I bought an additional resale contract.

Can you tell me the date your deed was recorded at OCC for your resale purchase where your points were added to your account this week.?

Mine was 2/23 with no points loaded. I assume now with the initial sale of the additional VGF points, it may be delayed.
Deed was recorded on 2/3. The contract showed in my DVC portal on 2/22. I got the points on 3/3 after contacting them over multiple days. If I never contacted them I’m wondering if they would ever be loaded.

Deed was recorded on 2/3. The contract showed in my DVC portal on 2/22. I got the points on 3/3 after contacting them over multiple days. If I never contacted them I’m wondering if they would ever be loaded.

How did you contact them? I have sent a couple of emails. I know everyone is surprised I have not received an answer.

Update. All done!
DVC Resale Market

Where do you go to chat with a DVC agent to help with this?

Where do you go to chat with a DVC agent to help with this?
Once you login to the site, there is a small square that says "Chat" near the upper right hand corner. Sometimes it is not available but I just refresh a few times and it comes back online. I find chat much quicker (usually about 10 minutes or less wait) than waiting on hold to speak with a CM.

I believe DVC cannot/will not transfer the ownership of a resale contract until the deed is recorded at OCC.
1. If so, how do they know this has been done?
2. At DVC, is it a two step process; one, to add the new property to my existing membership and two, add the points to the membership?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter